The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Since the update to the iphone 4 software my phone's been pretty slow all round.

Less than a month until i can upgrade though! Hoorah.

I suffered ios4 on my 3g for a week any longer and I would have thrown it out the window.

Sorry Limpid but I did explain, it seems nobody wanted to listen. It's not as though my opinion was somehow strange, please find me an unbiased review on the Internet that will tell you anything different to what I said.
I've just re-read it and you didn't explain. You were being asked for your opinion as it was you who made the claim. You can find an internet opinion for any position. I am assuming that you meant what you posted and that you weren't trolling, but that is what it looked like.

As you said Limpid I was being asked for my opnion which I thought I gave. I am not at all interested in trolling as you put it as I had stated earlier in that thread I thought the Evo and Desire were technically superior handsets. Hardly the stance of someone who was intent on trolling is it.

For me the point is completely pointless as I dont think for one second you or dirk would change your opinion but to try and put an end (as I certainly will not be posting further on this matter) let me try and explain.

I based my opinion on usage of both as I previously stated I had used both an Iphone and an Android handset. If anyone else has used both and I dont just mean seen a mates handset a few times then I am sure it would be useful for them to add their own opinions too.

1. Quantity - Yes the App Store is the more mature of the two and so naturally has a big start over the Android Market but you cannot argue who has the most Apps / Games.

2. Quality - Yes the App Store is a closed system compared to the Android so anything appearing on the App Store should be of certain standard. Since I believe the Android Market is more open it does leave itself open to misuse as was shown this week when Google were forced to remove some applications and remotely delete from users handsets.

3 . Presentation- The App Store is "in my opinion" the better looking of the two markets. Now admittedly I havent used Andoid Market in the last 9 months or so, it may have had a facelift. I found it easier to find Applications and the search threw up a bigger choice of apps than Android did - but then it does have much choice.

4. Fragmentation - Not my word but one used by many Android users who are finding it difficult to tell which apps and games will work with the particular flavour of Android their handset runs. Maybe Apple users will also find this now OS4 time will tell.

5. The App Store is also part of Itunes and as such allows me to not only purchase apps and games but also Music, TV Shows, Movies and now Books. Now I have read that Google will be looking at bringing some kind of Music Purchasing to Android in the Autumn, Iphone Users have had this option for quite a while.

6. Legal Copies - I did ask this question in the Android thread but no-one cared to answer this one. Lets say for instance I have in my house three Iphones and three Ipod Touches. I can quite legally download a game and copy it on to all six devices. So a game that cost 59p could end up at less than 10p per device. Is this possible if I had multiple Android devices?

Does anyone else's I-phone take about 20 mins to sync nowadays ?

I'm sure it never used to take this long but since i-tunes 9.1 or so it seems to insist on backing up the entire phone every time i sync ... can hear my hard drive whirling away like crazy so it's possible it's the pc rather than i-tunes /i-phone

Have you tried I-Tunes 9.2

It does add one or two interesting features too.

For me the point is completely pointless as I dont think for one second you or dirk would change your opinion but to try and put an end (as I certainly will not be posting further on this matter) let me try and explain.
I haven't stated my opinion. Thanks for finally answering the question.

Guys I have downloaded a ringtone and it shows up under "Ringtones" in ITunes but when I sync my phone it's not showing up in my list of ringtones there. Can anyone shed any light on this?

If anyone was thinking that using O2 Recycle maybe a good painless experience I would urge you to think again.

Why are you having problems? Sent mine Back and they knocked 10% off for apparent wear and tear despite there not being a scratch on it but I had a 10% extra code so not too fussed, my only worry is it's been over a week and I've still not been paid.

Pretty much the same as you. Iphone in perfect nick handed in to the O2 store and despite the advertised price on the O2 Recycle website being £151.00 only got offered £141.00 which the wife accepted. Then received a text saying there was a problem with the handset which meant they couldnt pay what offered and asked me to email them.

What a surprise cosmetic damage meant they would have to reduce the offer by 5%.

I have emailed back asking exactly what and where this cosmetic damage is and pointed out that I have taken photos of the handset prior to it being handed in as it was going on ebay. I have received an email back saying their email system is swamped since the iphone 4 but someone will contact me in 24 hours.

My guess is that they are now trying to decide on what to say next.

O2 outsource this service and maybe they dont realise as yet how shoddy it is.

Guys I have downloaded a ringtone and it shows up under "Ringtones" in ITunes but when I sync my phone it's not showing up in my list of ringtones there. Can anyone shed any light on this?

Is it 30 seconds or longer?

I tried one a while back and until I cut it down to 29 sseconds it wouldn't work.

Make sure the ringtone is ticked, then go to your iPhone, select the ringtone tab then press sync in the bottom right hand corner. Your ringtone will now be available to use.

1z2iuc2.jpg

Would anyone who's upgraded their iphone to the iphone 4 (preferably someone on O2) tell me how much it cost them.

Eager to upgrade after I've realised that I don't mind the new tariffs and only need to pay £20 to upgrade early.

Apple press conference at 6.00pm tonight to address the signal lose issue on the new model.

Expect a free bumper.

:D

I'm pretty pleased with the announcement as I did lose some signal but never any calls and getting a free case that I was buying anyway.

To summarise:

[*:3a20fa1e94]There is no problem.
    [*:3a20fa1e94]There is a problem but it's unavoidable.
    [*:3a20fa1e94]All smartphones have this problem.
    [*:3a20fa1e94]We're going to fix it, but let's be clear, we aren't apologising because it's your own fault for holding it wrong.

They should go into politics. How does a company get away with treating their customers with such contempt?

Â