The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

Untwist your knickers, it was a joke. I'm sure your support a slavery doesn't reflect on you as a person. [AGAIN, A JOKE]

My point was that you were outraged at me paying $93 (about £60) for a cover and you loved that Hardy one which must have cost something not to dissimilar. What point does it become outrageous? £50? £55?

At which point did you get annoyed? I believe it was before I liked the DESIGN on the ed hardy one. All the best spending so much on something so pointless. I couldn't care less. Plus, my knickers are in the wash.

I'm yet to get annoyed. My point is that you have a problem with how much I spent on mine yet you don't have a problem with how much she spent on her's. If you prefer her's (which I've no doubt you do) then that's fine, it's opinion and everyone's happy but surely you can see the inconsistency on your part. I'm bonkers for spending 50 odd quid on one I like yet there is no problem with Laura (sorry for repeatedly referring to you as her ;) ) shelling out for her's? :?

I'm not a big fan of Ed Hardy clothes but I really like that cover Laura, that's the best "use" of the design I've seen. Love it.

Embarassingly enough, I didn't really know what / who Ed Hardy was when my brother gave it to me for Christmas, but the design is so striking - the picture there doesn't even do it justice. I get comments on it all the time.

Good quality too - and I've had some cases before that really bulk the phone up, but it's a really nice lightweight design.

EDIT: Also, as the thread is now talking about price, it was a gift but I've just found one almost exactly the same on Amazon for 12.99 (New not used).

Woopie doo granville. I wasn't bothered about how much she spent.. I wonder why I typed design in CAPITALS.

For the record out of the two designs I'd go granvilles, purely because I prefer minimal. I like Laura's too, breaks the mold for my usual taste.

My sighs come from the fact people will shell out so much for something of so little value. Nothing personal, you takes your choices.

I have the single sickest phone cover in the history of man:

iPhoneBack.jpg

DRO Concepts

This is the first phone accessory I've ever bought and I nearly pulled the delivery guy's hand off I was so excited.

I think it looks poo, but each to their own I'll stick with my incipio feather for a tenner.

I don't see the point of covers. They don't really protect them that well unless they are the ones that cover the whole phone. The ones with the screen uncovered don't protect the screen and that's surely the most vulnerable part.

My mate had his phone for a year without a cover and never dropped it. He got a cover for xmas from his brother and dropped his phone, cover on, and cracked the screen on boxing day. Bahahahaaha

Wait that cover cost £60?!?!?!

Sorry granville but that's a huge waste of money :D

Would you also say that £40 quid was a huge waste of money?

Cuz that's the only thing b23 seems unable to grasp. I couldn't care less if you still think I've wasted money, I've made my point, but if that was the case, how you woudn't think that Laura's case was also a waste of money is beyond me.

I've just seen this as well now, so I've got to bite. :D

I don't see the point of covers. They don't really protect them that well unless they are the ones that cover the whole phone. The ones with the screen uncovered don't protect the screen and that's surely the most vulnerable part.

I live on a flat earth so unless I'm incredibly unlucky, the cover (which does not block the screen) will protect the screen because it protrudes slightly from the front of the phone.

This next bit, well... Consider my goat well and truly gotten.

My mate had his phone for a year without a cover and never dropped it. He got a cover for xmas from his brother and dropped his phone, cover on, and cracked the screen on boxing day. Bahahahaaha.

On a similar note, I had a mate who never wore a seat belt. When his gf finally convinced him to wear one his first journey doing so he crashed and dislocated his shoulder. Proof, if ever it were needed, that seatbelts cause crashes. *turbo eye roll*. There was me thinking that using anecdotes of single events to prove general points was the preserve of religions.

Wait that cover cost £60?!?!?!

Sorry granville but that's a huge waste of money :D

Would you also say that £40 quid was a huge waste of money?

Cuz that's the only thing b23 seems unable to grasp. I couldn't care less if you still think I've wasted money, I've made my point, but if that was the case, how you woudn't think that Laura's case was also a waste of money is beyond me.

Did you not see the word DESIGN when I referred to Lauras???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

For the love of hats, I saw that word. You typed it, it was uploaded, I looked at it, it was read, it's irrelevant to my point.

What I didn't see was you complaining about the price of her case. I don't care what designs you do and don't like, I don't care if have a problem with expensive cases, my only issue was that you were completely outraged at my case's price and yet didn't even mention the price of her's. Why is £57 so ridiculous whereas £40 is not even worth mentioning. What point does it become an issue? Please, don't say you said you liked the design again. :D

Laura never said how much she paid for it, if she had have, then b23 may well have said 'I like the design, but 40 quid is ridiculous'. As there was no price attributed to it, he commented merely on the design and not the price it may or may not have been.

I've just seen this as well now, so I've got to bite. :D

I live on a flat earth so unless I'm incredibly unlucky, the cover (which does not block the screen) will protect the screen because it protrudes slightly from the front of the phone.

This next bit, well... Consider my goat well and truly gotten.

My mate had his phone for a year without a cover and never dropped it. He got a cover for xmas from his brother and dropped his phone, cover on, and cracked the screen on boxing day. Bahahahaaha.

On a similar note, I had a mate who never wore a seat belt. When his gf finally convinced him to wear one his first journey doing so he crashed and dislocated his shoulder. Proof, if ever it were needed, that seatbelts cause crashes. *turbo eye roll*. There was me thinking that using anecdotes of single events to prove general points was the preserve of religions.

Just to be clear, I didn't say that stuff about my mate's phone to prove that covers are useless. i just said it because it was something that happened to my mate which I found very funny. And it was funny, i nearly wet myself because he'd been banging on about his cover all day. I'm sure covers do work, I was merely saying that to me, the bit worth protecting is the screen, which isn't really protected by these faceless covers. yes if you drop your phone on a perfectly flat piece of ground then it'll be fine, but that's not always the case. I aplogise for not conducting experiments under controlled conditions to clarify my personal opinion.

As for b23's views on covers, i couldn't give a shit. And to be honest I don't really give a shit about yours. All I was saying was that if someone offered me a cover for an iphone and told me it was 60 quid (or 40 quid for that matter) i'd tell them to shove it up their arse.

If you're happy to spend that on a cover then so be it, good for you. i'd have personally chosen one that looked nicer (like Laura's if I'm honest) but each to their own.

For the love of hats, I saw that word. You typed it, it was uploaded, I looked at it, it was read, it's irrelevant to my point.

What I didn't see was you complaining about the price of her case. I don't care what designs you do and don't like, I don't care if have a problem with expensive cases, my only issue was that you were completely outraged at my case's price and yet didn't even mention the price of her's. Why is £57 so ridiculous whereas £40 is not even worth mentioning. What point does it become an issue? Please, don't say you said you liked the design again. :D

When did I say my case was 40 quid anyway... :?

It was a Christmas present (which is why I didn't mention price), but I linked an Amazon page selling the exact same for 12 quid...

But anyway, I hate my iPhone, can't wait to get rid of it. :cry:

Â