The iPhone Topic

mrchnry

What does the grenade do?

Its an anti personnel device, designed to cause death and injury by violently spreading shrapnel over a small to medium sized area.

Anybody looking for a satnav solution may want to try this -

Navigon - MobileNavigator British Isles - introductory price applies - £37.99, goes up to £59.99 after June 30th. It weighs in at a much easier to swallow (well download anyway) 215MB rather than the 1.6GB of the Europe-wide version.

I had the WM on my previous phone and its not too shabby.

No sign of a release date for Tomtom yet either

What is it - cant access the itunes store at work. It doesnt happen to be the grenade does it?

it is the grenade, it's crap, I can hear it and I'm 45 and have tinitus

Even the stealth grenade? I cant hear it but some people at work can - we have been looking into this at work and have found a few websites about it - quite interesting. Apparently your hearing ability has nothing to do with it - it is the age of the ear - have you had yours transplanted from a teenager? More here

Like I said I can hear it, I'm 45 with tinnitus and no I haven't had my ears transplanted, in fact they suffer with tinnitus because of the years I worked in the music industry, basically my ears are shot!

what happens when the 18 months of the iphone contract run out? Do you have to tell them if you don't want it anymore or tell them if you DO want to continue with it?

what happens when the 18 months of the iphone contract run out? Do you have to tell them if you don't want it anymore or tell them if you DO want to continue with it?

You have to tell them you don't want it I would assume. Same as any phone contract.

Ringtones:

Anybody want a ringtone made for Iphone who cannot do it themselves or who doesn't want to pay, let me know the song. If I can get the song I will do it for you free of chage.

Just buy a pay as you go iPhone and unlock it to your current contract whoever it may be with.

I hear that apple/O2 have software updates to ensure that certain features are not supported if you go outside the O2 contract. I am currently with vodafone who really can't offer anything remotely close to an iphone.

I know this was posted a little while back, but now Vodafone can offer the N97 in a good £40 deal. Looks like a good piece of kit. Think it has something like 32gb memory (which can be upgraded too), has a QWERTY keyboard, 5 megapixel camera and it seems quite nice.

I am torn between getting the N97 or the iPhone 3G S. I'm leaning towards the iPhone. Anyone think this would be a wise choice? I was also wondering if the iPhone can take video (like filming from the phone)? I have a Mac so that has also made me lean slightly towards the iPhone. I'm still thinking though so any feedback would be great.

Just got it yesterday. Brilliant piece of kit and works nicely with my MacBook Pro. I'm loving how easy it is to use and the various apps. By the way, does anyone know of any good apps? There have probably been some already posted in here yet I am too lazy to go back and look. :D

lux touch is good if you like plying Risk

I hate to say this but there is a Mafia wars app, though its not like the real thing and involves you doing it with others on the phone, not sure I'm into that

remote is just essential if you use itunes

SKy+ is excellent if you have sky plus

shazam is genius for identifying music

and if you like playing tiger woods, then tiger woods is worth actually paying money for

Quick question to all iphone owners.

How many have got the GPS problem since upgrading to 3.0 OS. Mine is fine but my wifes really struggles to get a fix in Maps or Navigon and she is a pissed to say the least.

I haven't noticed a problem but I"m not sure I've used gps, hang on................................

nope its bang on for me, just tried to get a fix on me in the house, took a few seconds and it had my position nailed

Navigon does the job without too much fuss and on the whole is accurate and easy to use. There is apparently an upgrade due sometime in July with a whole host of improvements.

Apparently Tomtom is due for release sometime in August, but is very much a cut down version compared to the WM offering and with apparently regional maps and when I say regional I mean south-east England or Wales or Midlands so if you want to go from Birmingham to Cornwall you will need to buy another 2 regions worth of maps.

Do you think that companies ever sit down and think what does our customer want rather than how can we get more out of our customer?

Ok, I have some more iPhone questions if anyone would be kind enough to please answer them. They are as follows:

1) Firstly, how do you switch the iPhone off? Sorry if this seems like a silly question, yet I can only seem to put it on standby, yet need to turn it off to connect to my new operator (O2).

2) I am going abroad in the next few months and want to make sure I don't get a massive bill, as I don't need to use internet or anything abroad. All I want to do is to be able to receive calls and send texts. Doe anyone know what I need to turn off in order to be safe? Like do I turn 3G off, and if so would I still be able to receive calls and make them?

3) Lastly, I was wondering what sort of life you all get out of your battery? Mine doesn't seem to be too great. It lasts for about two days. Also, what percentage do you all let the battery to before you recharge it?

Anyway, I hope someone will be able to help me with these things. My big concern is going abroad, as I don't want to run up a massive bill for things I have no need to use. Thanks in advance. :D

Â