• Collins
    • Young
    • Petrov
    • Milner (joke entry)
    • Downing
    • Heskey
    • Agbonlahor
    • Guzan

Our team should be rotated more in general I feel.

I don't see the harm in giving Gabby a rest and bringing in Delfouneso for one start here and there. Albrighton in for a winger. Reo-Coker in for Petrov and Delph alongside him, Carew sometimes starting above Heskey or a change in the formation and leaving Agbonlahor upfront on his own in a 4-5-1.

We've got a good squad, we should use it more.

We wont win the final conceding 4 goals, this squad will play the final, but, potentially, in the mean time give a few of them a break, I dont think it will be detrimental to us as we have some good quality on the bench, lets see a different line up against Brighton :-)

There's no way the same team should have played 3 times in under a week. Not even starting L.Young for one of those 3 or giving Petrov a rest? Seems very odd to me. I can't see him resting any before the final if I'm honest.

.... title bears no relation to the poll?????

LOL :lol: it does bear relation, hence the title.

Indeed it does not.

The Thread title asks when is it time to rotate the players.

Then the poll asks who should be rotated.

So, in answer to the 2 questions:

a. should have been done already, but as it hasn't really, then NOW, starting with Brighton

b. No one pleyer should be rotated. Several players should be rotated, based on how tired they are and how many games ect they have played (in succession etc).

So, i'd look at resting the following: Stan, Milly, Gabby (those 3 as a priority). Then maybe Warno & RBD

This weekend is a good time to rest a few, i'd be tempted to rest James Collins ( can be a bit injury prone ), Petrov, Gabby, One of the Wingers and possibly Milner.

Wouldn't change the entire team as we still want to win the game but its definately a game to use the squad and give Delph, Delfuneoso, Reo Coker, Young etc some playing time.

Saturday should be a perfect opportunity to rest Warnock, Dunne, Petrov, MIlner, Young and Gabby.

Play

Guzan

Beye Collins Clark Young

Albrighton Sidwell Delph Downing

Delfouneso Harewood

Play Carew and NRC if fit for Harewood and Delph.

Also if we get through and an easy draw can rest again for 5th round in Febraury

There's no way the same team should have played 3 times in under a week. Not even starting L.Young for one of those 3 or giving Petrov a rest? Seems very odd to me. I can't see him resting any before the final if I'm honest.

Im still not sue why Young doesnt play at rb, at least on Sunday. He so much more comfortable there. Gives us more going forward too.

Im still not sue why Young doesnt play at rb, at least on Sunday. He so much more comfortable there. Gives us more going forward too.

Cueller is a fish out of water at RB. I'd have Young back there. Petrov kept having to tell to stay calm for the first 20 minutes or so last night.

Fonz, Delph, etc will all get a game on Saturday.

I agree with everything jon has said so far on this thread (sorry jon :wink: ). All players need a rest from time to time. Especially those who seem to be a bit jaded (Gabby?).

I voted for Downing, but with reservations. I feel Downing needs a rest, he's been thrust back in after a long spell without playing (no, not intended as a dig at the manager), but he also needs to get games under his belt. I wasn't too happy when Ashley was serving a suspension and Milner was taken away from his new CM rôle and played out wide. Any rest for him or Ashley only if Albrighton gets the nod and the system isn't disrupted.

Warnock may also need a rest, but some disruption would be inevitable (Luke Young at LB & Cuéllar at RB). Petrov, Dunne, Milner... They've all played a lot. But as few square pegs in round holes as possible please (ooh look another sly dig at MON for those at Digwatch).

Of course only really MON and his team (Jim Henry, Alan Smith? You tell me) will truly know who needs a break and who doesn't.

Â