The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

...Neither. The Kevin Johnson weigh-in is what I'll always remember the most.

2jbsfu0.gif

'safetypin' put up more of a fight in the weigh-in as in the actual bout.

But at least he got the guts to get into the ring with him.

:lol:

I'm guessing you were referring to "Vitali scared Lewis into retirement" though?

I'm having fun on the latest page of that thread....I love to shove a stick in the hornets nest from time to time :P

...Neither. The Kevin Johnson weigh-in is what I'll always remember the most.

2jbsfu0.gif

'safetypin' put up more of a fight in the weigh-in as in the actual bout.

But at least he got the guts to get into the ring with him.

:lol:

I'm guessing you were referring to "Vitali scared Lewis into retirement" though?

I loved how Kingpin tried to pants him after Vitali took his glasses off :lol:

Quick question for the boxing regulars in this thread, I want to go and watch some boxing and its been years since I've been.

So can anyone point me in the direction of any up coming decent cards in the East or West Mids, thanks.

Quick question for the boxing regulars in this thread, I want to go and watch some boxing and its been years since I've been.

So can anyone point me in the direction of any up coming decent cards in the East or West Mids, thanks.

Have a look at the Schedule here. Refine the search to just the UK and you might be able to find something. :thumb:

Have a look at the Schedule here. Refine the search to just the UK and you might be able to find something. :thumb:

Had a look earlier, nothing decent in the local area which Trent mentioned even on a domestic level

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will hold a hearing June 9 addressing its protocol for drug testing, in general, and, steroids and illegal drugs, in particular, commission director, Keith Kizer, informed BoxingScene.com.

"One of the items on the agenda is a review of protocol for steroid/drug testing, which is a follow-up from the commission's examination of this item at its September 30, 2008 meeting where we had testimony from Dr. Robert Voy, Dr. Ray Kelly and Dr. Louis Jambar," wrote Kizer in an e-mail to BoxingScene.

"Also, prior to the September 2008 meeting, I had spoken with Bill Bock, the United States Anti-Doping Agency's General Counsel, about the issue," stated Kizer. "Although neither he nor anyone else from USADA were able to attend, he provided the commission with materials from USADA for that meeting."

Kizer said that all five commissioners will participate in the meeting.

"I do not know who else will be in attendance," said Kizer, adding that the gathering is open to the public. "But [uSADA chief executive director], Travis Tygart, has indicated he will try to attend, as has Dr. Voy."

USADA tests Olympic-caliber athletes internationally as an advocate for random blood and urinalysis testing in boxing, which, as of now, only uses urine as a means of detecting the use of illegal drugs or steroid use in its fighters.

In a first for the sport, however, the Nevada State Athletic Commission worked with the USADA and implemented random testing of blood and urine on both Floyd Mayweather and Shane Mosley during the lead up to their May 1 clash won by Mayweather at The MGM Grand in Las Vegas.

In test results released recently by USADA from Mayweather-Mosley, Mayweather had both blood and urine taken on March 22, April 1, April 13 and then on the night directly after the fight.

Mayweather provided urine only on April 3, April 6, April 21 and April 24.

Meanwhile, Mosley, who claims that he unknowingly used the steroids "the cream" and 'the clear" obtained from BALCO founder, Victor Conte, provided both blood and urine on March 23, March 31, April 12 and directly after the bout on fight night.

Mosley provided urine on April 3, April 6, April 21 and April 24.

The move was pushed by Mayweather, who, like Mosley, "passed both the pre-bout and post-bout commission urine tests," said Kizer. "I was pleased by that."

Lovely :thumb:

Khan V Casamayor is going to happen, according to The Sun...

When I read it I thought "I thought Casamayor retired years ago, didn't he?"

Which tells you all you need to know, another joke Khan fight.

Who else could he fight?

Casamayor whooped Katsidis. And Katsidis is the mandatory for the winner of Diaz/Marquez.

So who?

Khan V Casamayor is going to happen, according to The Sun...

When I read it I thought "I thought Casamayor retired years ago, didn't he?"

Which tells you all you need to know, another joke Khan fight.

Who else could he fight?

Casamayor whooped Katsidis. And Katsidis is the mandatory for the winner of Diaz/Marquez.

So who?

Someone who isn't middle aged perhaps? Casamayor will be 39 years old by the time the Khan fight happens, if it happens.

Maybe Khan should forget about fighting people that have beaten Katsidis and try to beat the guy that beat him....just a suggestion.

Â