The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

Aye, they **** that up spectacularly. The screen went black after round one and came back during round five, where the ref stopped it. The crazy thing is that nobody at Channel 5 seems to know about it as there has been absolutely no mention of it at all during the time the show has been back up. They are constantly referring to a round which nobody actually saw. :lol:

It wouldn't surprise me if he bottles it again after taking some punishment.

It would surprise me.

He bottled it before because it was against a guy who was meant to be a formality, he wasn't expecting to be up against someone that could actually punch, he hadn't prepared at all for the sort of fight he ended up in.

Going in against Mayweather he knows what he's in for.

That was amazing! One of the best things that I've ever seen happen in a boxing match. Karma is a bitch and Ortiz deserved what he got. I'd have done the exact same thing that Mayweather did... payback is a really bad person!

Larry Merchant though ha ha, 80 years old and he tells Mayweather that if he was 50 years younger he'd kick his ass. Quality! Pacman Vs Mayweather has to finally happen next year surely! There's probably more chance of seeing Mayweather Vs Larry Merchant though!

Â