The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

The problem with boxing is that there's too many organisations that make the whole thing way too convoluted. It's also one of the main reasons why it's so difficult to make the big fights happen, no matter how much the public want to see it.

The thing about MMA is that most people would agree that the UFC is the highest level organisation, so if you want to see the top athletes, you watch the UFC. It's much easier for people who are new to the sport.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm sick of hearing this bollocks about the Paul fight was good for boxing because it brings more eyes to the sport. The people who follow Paul, likely have the attention span of a gnat.

My 16yr old lad who has no interest in boxing was all over this fight, the smack talk, the build up.

He fell asleep after the 4th round.

• Haha 4

Wonder why Hearn is dragging his feet a bit on Taylor - Cameron for May 20th now that Serrano is out. It’s the obvious fight. A world class fight. I think the plan was to maybe manoeuvre Cameron into more bigger fights over the next year. By proxy, this has come up. Taylor even took to social media to call her out, which she never does. Cracking fight, hope it gets made. 

8 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

Wonder why Hearn is dragging his feet a bit on Taylor - Cameron for May 20th now that Serrano is out. It’s the obvious fight. A world class fight. I think the plan was to maybe manoeuvre Cameron into more bigger fights over the next year. By proxy, this has come up. Taylor even took to social media to call her out, which she never does. Cracking fight, hope it gets made. 

Hearn does what's fully in his interest, not generally the boxers.

1 minute ago, Follyfoot said:

Looking forward to Ritson v Davies tonight, good quality domestic match up for a shot at a world title 

I hope Davies beats the Geordie hype job. Also, I never liked the way Eddie Hearn sold Davies down the river, just to appease the likes of Bellew and all those other obsequious prats. 

2 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Connor Benn has concerns about drug testing in boxing. Honestly, it's like someone spitting in your face.

I honestly cannot believe the bare arsed cheek of the man. Several months to come out with that codswallop as bad as somebody having to eat 1095, steaks in a week to achieve the level of drug cheat in their system.

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Like 3

Just now, sheepyvillian said:

I hope Davies beats the Geordie hype job. Also, I never liked the way Eddie Hearn sold Davies down the river, just to appease the likes of Bellew and all those other obsequious prats. 

Pretty much the same view, but it should be a good tear up

5 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Please do not start me on Bellew, my blood pressure is high enough at the moment🤣

8 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I'm trying to think of a promoter who doesn't, Kalle, maybe?

Seriously Sheepy? The junkie promotor who knew Benn was juiced and still wanted to stay silent for the purse? Come on dude, you know better than that. 

Even Shalom is another little weasel. 

1 minute ago, avfc1982am said:

Seriously Sheepy? The junkie promotor who knew Benn was juiced and still wanted to stay silent for the purse? Come on dude, you know better than that. 

The only honest one is Don King. I’ll get my coat.

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

Looking forward to Ritson v Davies tonight, good quality domestic match up for a shot at a world title 

Not a chance either of these 2 are good enough to win a title. It's a good domestic dust up though. 

• Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I did say "maybe".

• Haha 1

Â