The "Witton Lane" Boxing Chat Thread

Dr_Pangloss

The fury v chisora press conference is MUST watch. So funny. Its boxing not tiddlywinks, don't see why people get so offended.

There is no way chisora wins this. He has very little power to trouble fury despite his dodgy chin. Fury will use his longer reach to his advantage by leading with his jab. Fury has improved greatly since the first encounter and fit Derek or not cant see how he wins this.

I'll stick it on later and watch it.

I pointed to fury's jab being a major factor in the outcome of this fight when I was talking to a kid a work about it, he is convinced that chisora will win and doesn't give Fury a hope in hell of winning. I do quite like Chisora and I like the way he has finally got serious about the sport and has laid off the biscuits.

Fury is the one that people want to see more of though even if it is just so he goes in with someone decent so they can laugh when he gets KTFO

Yeah Fury has improved markedly in almost every way since the first fight. He's gone from looking like 300lbs of shit in a 250lb bag to something approaching the shape of a boxer. His jab and shot selection also look a lot less like he's a being controlled by a button mashing 8 year old.

I think going to train at Superpro seemed to actually get him focussed on training rather than being a celebrity. No chance I'm watching the conference though, they're always horribly stilted and cringeworthy unless either of the fighters are witty or amusing. They seem generate interest though so fair play.

People are saying that chisora will be lining up a title shot of some sort in the next few weeks. Surely there should be some sort of rule that says if you pull out of a fight it must be rescheduled against the same person or you can't fight anyone else for a certain period of time, that way it would save this sort of shit from happening

I hope he takes out insurance for this kind of thing.

It's happened three times in a about a year now.  It might be like trying to get flood insurance in Worcester. :lol:

Chisora is a nob

He (was) fighting Tyson Fury. He's going to struggle to out-nob him.

I prefer Chisora over Fury but they are both grade A prats as far as I'm concerned

Ha, my mate has just got a slot on the Fury undercard.

What is your mates name??

Cant wait for the fight tomorrow. At just a weeks notice what a great replacement ustinov is. A real test for fury tomorrow although he should still heat ustinov comfortably. In my opinion ustinov will prove more of a difficult opponent then chisora would have.

Kris Laight. Grew up with him, his brother was one of by best mates at school and Kris was so close in age to us (one year younger) that we hung around together too. I think I've mentioned him before in here, he is possibly the hardest working guy in boxing in this country.  His record is, well, not great (boxrec) but it's not really a reflection on what he does. The sport couldn't function without people like him. He gave Tom Stalker his pro debut a year or so ago.  He says he thinks he will get to 200 career fights by September (he's just turned 34, like last week) and fair play to him.  There is a decent interview with him here

• Like 1

It might be serious but Tyson is going to look silly after all his shit talking this week. People are really going to start having to think about buying tickets for his fights too.

Â