PL: Liverpool h Match Thread 2009/12/29 19:45

limpid

A reaction is needed simple.

Milner gave the ball away they scored.

Rooney gave the ball away Hull scored they then went on and created two more goals and turned the game around.

He had more time to do it than Milner my point being if we want to carry on improving our whole team needs a similar reaction.

Liverpool may not be playing the best but they still have Gerrard and Torres.

Er you are aware we aren't even close to Man Utd's level aren't you?

Oh and we don't have a Rooney and you might want to think about the fact we were playing Arsenal they were playing Hull.

As for a reaction is needed???? We lost a game, we lost a game away at one of the Sky 4. We are still in good form and having a good season, sure a win today would be significant but I'd hardly say "a reaction is needed simple" its not like we just lost 5-0 to Hull.

Obviously last season when we didn't bother with a reaction to losses and did nothing for months was all ok.

I'm not the one biging Milner up as the next great CM savour like thread after thread on here is. If he is then he'll do something about giving them the second goal on Sunday; by putting in a performance tonight.

451 my lord, 451!

Gab on his own, back uo what won us 10 games or whatever in a row last year.

Be interesting to see the team, I think 442 will certainly not be enough though.

If he does go 442, we need Carew in "unstoppable" mode and not "can't be arsed" mode.

Agree with this and it wa the case at Star too. Heskey is not 100% fit for me and is needed more in upcoming games than this one.

Carew needs to repay the fans for their adulation too because his goal v Stoke only masked some poor performances by his standard.

Time to restate our case.

Torres will probably not play, and even if he does, he is not the player he was.

That would imply he is fit after an injury.

He is not he is still playing with the injured that has made him still more dangerous than any of our strikers who are fully fit!

A 50% fit Torres is still more dangerous than any other player they have.

Many Liverpool fans, and pundits in fact, are saying this is the make or break double for Liverpool now. First they play us, then Tottenham.. if they lose both of those they will be well and truely screwed. I don't think Rafa can afford to not play Torres.. let's hope he is pretty crocked. He'll get slim pickings against our back 4, and will really struggle if hes not 100%.

Torres will probably not play, and even if he does, he is not the player he was.

That would imply he is fit after an injury.

He is not he is still playing with the injured that has made him still more dangerous than any of our strikers who are fully fit!

probably still come on for 20mins and score 2!

I've actually been waiting quite a while now, since the Bolton game, to see us playing some decent football and being less reliant on set pieces for our goals. I'm still waiting?

Another underpar performance with the wrong system being played, will certainly result in another defeat. Reo-Coker has to play to nulify the threat from Gerrard and i would partner him with Milner. Downing to play on the left for a suspended Young(thankfully) and Albrighton on the right. I would also drop Petrov who is struggling for stamina and play Sidwell in a midfield five with Gabby up front on his own.

Most VTs think that we will beat Liverpool tonight. I am however not so confident and would gladly take a point. This is a very important match for both teams and we will need to improve tenfold, from the Arsenal performance to get anything from the game! Worried!

STRAKER - Not watch the Hull or Sunderland match recently, or even to some extent (until about 70 minutes) then United match?

Or Portsmouth in the cup.

Since Downing has come into the side, 4 out of the 6 games, we've played some really good football.

Sorry AP, but i disagree. Our standard of football has generally, been very poor and we have been getting away with it due to our solid defence. The game against Arsenal has shown us the way forward, and it is certainly not hoofball!!

RAWK are having a laugh. I mean it should be a close game tonight, but surely we are the form team and they are in trouble (not saying we will win, I don't have a great feeling). Comments like '3-0 batter them' and such when they have been shite for a while are frankly ridiculous.

STRAKER - Not watch the Hull or Sunderland match recently, or even to some extent (until about 70 minutes) then United match?

Or Portsmouth in the cup.

Since Downing has come into the side, 4 out of the 6 games, we've played some really good football.

Sorry AP, but i disagree. Our standard of football has generally, been very poor and we have been getting away with it due to our solid defence. The game against Arsenal has shown us the way forward, and it is certainly not hoofball!!

Well start going to games then, because our football against Hull, United, Portsmouth and Sunderland was very good.

Against Arsenal we went more direct, I'm guessing to hit them early on the counter-attack, Arsenal were prepared, O'Neill got it wrong, however to deny we've been playing decent football over the past month is just ridicolous.

Obviously last season when we didn't bother with a reaction to losses and did nothing for months was all ok.

Yes Jez that is exactly what I said. Oh no hang on it isn't you are putting words in my mouth, not for the first time.

I'm not the one biging Milner up as the next great CM savour like thread after thread on here is. If he is then he'll do something about giving them the second goal on Sunday; by putting in a performance tonight.

Don't worry Jez I think everyone is aware you weren't saying anything positive.

Yes Jez that is exactly what I said. Oh no hang on it isn't you are putting words in my mouth, not for the first time.

Called sense of humour, or is that only when mods put words in peoples mouths?

Ah sense of humour will have to watch out for that in your future posts.

I've put no words in your mouth Jez but nice try.

Ah never said you have, assumption there. You on the other hand pointed out that when another mod put words in my mouth, that i should just have a sense of humour :)

Ah never said you have, assumption there. You on the other hand pointed out that when another mod put words in my mouth, that i should just have a sense of humour :)

Thats because he didn't.