PL: Liverpool h Match Thread 2009/12/29 19:45

limpid

it shits me when MON says after the game.. we tired...

well make some bloody changes! He has to make at least 2-3 changes.. to freshen the legs.. but also for morale....... the other players want a run too.

Heskey was injured and play 3 games in a week? Carew must start.. I think Collins must start in place of Cuellar or Dunne too.

Id like Petrov and Gabby rested as well.. Last time Sidwell and Reo Coker played we looked good.

This game is so, so vital. I said earlier in this thread, I reckon this game will determine whether we will challenge the top 4.

Why would you think like that? There's still 18 games left to play... nothing is decided now... people were ruling out Arsenal for winning the league a few weeks ago, now they're in touching distance with a game in hand. But still, as you've said the game is still very vital tommorow... with Citeh and Spuds winning we've got to make a bit of a gap again... and that includes Liverpool who could be 8 points behind again. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world but I really hope the boys are up for this tommorow... it really is a MASSIVE game.

Anyways, can't wait for tommorow, I'll be there, lets hope the snow **** away from Villa Park and beat these thieving victims!

This game is so, so vital. I said earlier in this thread, I reckon this game will determine whether we will challenge the top 4.

Why would you think like that? There's still 18 games left to play... nothing is decided now... people were ruling out Arsenal for winning the league a few weeks ago, now they're in touching distance with a game in hand. But still, as you've said the game is still very vital tommorow... with Citeh and Spuds winning we've got to make a bit of a gap again... and that includes Liverpool who could be 8 points behind again. A draw wouldn't be the end of the world but I really hope the boys are up for this tommorow... it really is a MASSIVE game.

Anyways, can't wait for tommorow, I'll be there, lets hope the snow **** away from Villa Park and beat these thieving victims!

Because if we lose tommorow, Liverpool will be 2 points behind us, now they have been absolutely woeful this season and at some point surely with Gerrard and Torres in their team, pick up form and start picking up points, so we could do with a wider gap. Also I reckon Man City will improve while Tottenham will be considerably the same and it will take us to improve in the second half of the season compared to the first, which I think we will struggle to do. I'm not saying it would be over, but I do think it's key.

I was quite nervous about this game because it is massive and i know a lot of plastic scousers from the Birmingham area, however i'm just looking foward to the big snowball fight now, it's going to be huge!

And where will this be taking place?

:lol:

Huge game and one if we lose could have a massive impact on morale.

I'd happily take a point now!

The key for me is two things:

a) Nullify Gerrard by playing 3 in central midfield like we did at Anfield

B) Expose the loss of Mascherano by running at their central defence.

Can only see Liverpool winning but I would love to be wrong!

Come on Villa!

Very worried about this game. We have had a day's less rest than Liverpool, and I thought we looked tired against Arsenal.

This.

Reading both this thread and a similar thread on a kopshite forum, and i have to say their fans seem to be WAY more up for it than ours.

This match is massive, and I'd hope our starting 11 would put in 110% to get the three points. We know we can do it, but the odds do seem stacked against us taking current factors into consideration. Hope to god we win this, but I can't see it.

Not super confident about this. They are more rested and us losing Ashley Young is a real blow. Can see Liverpool actually playing well and winning, then the press bigging up them once again. Hope we play NRC and get stuck into them, so fingers crossed as it's a big test if we have any genuine ability to bounce back.