NHL

Vojskovoda

How can they possibly say that Alex Burrows bite was inconclusive?!?!

hockey3.jpg

That's what I was telling you about yesterday !! The ref was cracking up the whole time !

I didn't know that was the same fight. But how the eff they can say there wasn't enough evidence is beyond me.

The legend that is Don Cherry. Given that his one NHL game was for the Bruins, it's not surprising that he tends to cheer for the Bruins (I haven't seen any clips of him from these finals, though).

Don Cherry has been criticized for comments targeting specific ethnicities such as French Canadians and Europeans and this has led to Cherry's broadcasts being put on a seven second delay by the CBC.

In January 2004, on the subject of visors, Cherry said on Coach's Corner: "Most of the guys that wear them are Europeans and French guys" to illustrate his claim that visor users have less respect for player safety. This statement triggered an investigation by the federal Official Languages Commissioner, and protests by French-Canadians. CBC consequently imposed a seven-second delay on Hockey Night in Canada. Later on, a study was published that proved Cherry to be partially correct: 50% of Europeans and 40% of French-Canadians wore visors, compared to 22% of North Americans born outside of Quebec, but players who wear visors committed proportionately fewer high-sticking penalties than players who do not.

On December 7, 2010, Cherry, who lives in Mississauga attended the inaugural meeting of Toronto City Council after putting the chain of office around Mayor Rob Ford's Neck. Cherry was asked to say a few Remarks. In his remarks, Cherry opened by stating “I’m wearing pink for all the pinkos out there that ride bicycles and everything, I thought I’d get it in.” He then went on to state that he had "been ripped to shreds by the left-wing pinko newspapers out there" He ended his speech by saying "And that's why I say he's gonna be the greatest mayor this city has ever, ever seen, as far as I'm concerned! And put that in your pipe, you left-wing kooks."

on women fans at hockey games

in Afghanistan for Christmas

...and although I guess I'd fall on the left hand side of things politically, and I abhor the Conservatives under Harper, Don Cherry is a Canadian icon and I'd happily drink an ale with him. Legend. Keep yer head up kid.

hahaha, yeah, what a pasting. ouch. when Luongo's on fire, there's none better, but when he has a bad night, he's feckin' awful. Two of the Chicago losses were pastings. He'll get over it. Bloody difficult to endure though. Ouch.

DOn Cherry is a legend, simple. I am very surprised by the game tonight as the first period was a fantastic high paced hard hitting period. Just what youd expect. After that well...gongshow. Ah well its not the end of the world for any Canucks supporters, though its shameful, the Canucks are still up 2-1 in the series.

Â