General Chat

Stevo985

YEah that's why I want to get rid of them. The first hill was miles from the house, but the new ones are creeping closer. Luckily I have a long garden so they're still 10 metres from the house, but still.

I'll attack the **** later with rakes, poison, hot water and bread (to attract birds)

That should show them I mean business

I can't remember the last time I saw an ant. Maybe they're more common in the midlands than Yorkshire, but it literally must be years. When I was a kid they were everywhere, but all I see round here are flies, spiders, woodlice, beetles, the occasional earwig or centipede - but no ants. Odd.

Just about everywhere outdoors has ants here in WA.They are Argentinian ants,tiny sods that are forever enlarging their ant nests. They piss everyone off,they are so small that you have to get down to see them but they get right up your nose with their non stop digging.

Yes, I know I worded the getting up your nose bit wrong.

Actually its my uncle`s recipe and he never had any trouble with ants.He used to swear by it.

I have tried it an it worked for me but there is a better solution that you can buy in the shops here for only $4:50 and what it does is poison any ant that eats it and the poison stays in the ants body so that when other ants eat the dead ant they die also and you get a snowball effect.In the end it wipes out the whole nest.

I'll try your concoction, PussE.

But, seeing as it's you, I'm torn between thinking it'll work, and thinking it'll explode and blow me away.

Look on the bright side.No matter what the outcome is,the ants will not bother you again. :D

"New" music (i.e. music of a different generation from the one you grew up in) is always an acquired taste.

Source: Personal experience

:)

Aye Mike, you sure you've ever tried?
Not sure how hard I'm supposed to try. Life's too short, and there is so much good old stuff that I know I will enjoy.

BTW I have found it quite easy to enjoy the music from generations previous to mine.

Not sure how hard I'm supposed to try. Life's too short, and there is so much good old stuff that I know I will enjoy.

BTW I have found it quite easy to enjoy the music from generations previous to mine.

Fair enough, again I was talking from personal experience, as were you :)

It's true though. Used to listen only to mainstream music (I don't consider the likes of Jimi Hendrix mainstream btw, not in this part of the world anyway, nobody under the age of 30 here listens to musicians like him) - the music you hear on the charts - but got bored of hearing the same songs played on the radio again and again so I branched out, but it wasn't a quick transition.

In an attempt to outdo Gareth in the namedropping competition :winkold: ...just got back from the gym after training alongside the one and only Jordan Rhodes...made sure to let him know the sooner he signs for Villa the better, old Paul Lambert loves a good League 1/Championship gem.

Fair enough, again I was talking from personal experience, as were you :)

It's true though. Used to listen only to mainstream music (I don't consider the likes of Jimi Hendrix mainstream btw, not in this part of the world anyway, nobody under the age of 30 here listens to musicians like him) - the music you hear on the charts - but got bored of hearing the same songs played on the radio again and again so I branched out, but it wasn't a quick transition.

I would say that most people would like a lot of music from a specific generation/genare and a few songs/music from other generations/genares.

Thats how it is with me anyway.

Early music (mediaeval, etc.) - OK, very occasionally

Baroque (Handel, etc.) - Like it

Classical (Mozart, etc.) - OK, occasionally

Early Romantic (Beethoven, Brahms, etc.) - Like it

Late Romantic (Mahler, Wagner, etc.) - Like it a lot

Opera - OK, very occasionally

Early 20th Century (Stravinsky, Shostakovich, etc.) - Love it

Ragtime (Scott Joplin, etc.) - OK, occasionally

New Orleans jazz (Louis Armstrong, etc.) - OK, occasionally

Swing era jazz (Ellington, etc.) - like it

Bebop jazz (Charlie Parker, etc.) - like it a lot