General Chat

Stevo985

Voinjama, don't get involved.

Tell you rmissus that you don't like him harassing her (although I'm sure that's obvious) but it's her problem, she should deal with it.

if he starts messaging you or involving you then by all means fight your corner.

but don't wade into the battle. It could just make you look like a dick, and worst case scenario it might make your missus see a side of you sje doesn't like.

Its her problem and she should deal with it?!?!

Nothing like protecting the woman you love! :winkold:

Im not saying go and bash him in, but you should definately get involved and fight your corner.

Tell you rmissus that you don't like him harassing her (although I'm sure that's obvious) but it's her problem, she should deal with it.

if he starts messaging you or involving you then by all means fight your corner.

but don't wade into the battle. It could just make you look like a dick, and worst case scenario it might make your missus see a side of you sje doesn't like.

This.

He's obviously not over her yet, I'd imagine it would stop after a few more weeks. If not...Wiggy's golf clubs.

In the mean time, I'd try and convince your missus to not reply in anyway, he'll get bored eventually.

Disagree.

Tell a woman what to do and she'll do the opposite.

IMO, you're better off telling her how much you trust her, thus laying the guilt trip.

Im not saying go and bash him in, but you should definately get involved and fight your corner.

Disagree Wiggy.

Her ex sounds like a clingy type of person. The last thing she wants is another clingy fella who wades into all her battles.

Trust her and let her deal with it. Although tell her that you are there to support her IF she wants you to.

This isn't going to be the reply you want, but if there's anything left between the two of them, and she still has feelings for him, then there's nothing you're going to be able to do about it. Maybe just prepare yourself for the worst, don't get too hung up on things, and see how it goes. i.e. Don't get caught up with reading her messages or worrying yourself too much.

In the mean time, just show her a good time and remind her that you're the better boyfriend.

Disagree Wiggy.

Her ex sounds like a clingy type of person. The last thing she wants is another clingy fella who wades into all her battles.

Trust her and let her deal with it. Although tell her that you are there to support her IF she wants you to.

And in the mean time, he's convinced her that they were right together and should give it another go, she thinks about the good times they had etc etc. And before you know it he's bollocks deep in his new missus...your ex missus.

Nip it in the bud.

On the other hand, if you dont do anything you look like a wet fish. Your the man in the relationship, protect her and stand up for her. Maybe she is expecting you to step in for her.

Disagree Wiggy.

Smash him

I agree.

Disagree Wiggy.

And in the mean time, he's convinced her that they were right together and should give it another go, she thinks about the good times they had etc etc. And before you know it he's bollocks deep in his new missus...your ex missus.

Nip it in the bud.

See Shillzz's post.

Disagree Wiggy.

Nip it in the bud.

See Shillzz's post.

True, if she does still have feeling then there is nopthing you can do about it.

So if a work mate of you missus start chatting her up via text or whatever, you would just leave her to deal with it? :shock:

Disagree Wiggy.

Nip it in the bud.

See Shillzz's post.

True, if she does still have feeling then there is nopthing you can do about it.

So if a work mate of you missus start chatting her up via text or whatever, you would just leave her to deal with it? :shock:

Absolutely and it happened a couple of weeks ago. Although not by text.

Why wouldn't I trust her to deal with it? She knows I am there if she needs me. I find it flattering more than anything.

If she cannot deal with it then I would get involved. It also helps that I know no other man has my 'skills'

:winkold:

Disagree Wiggy.

Nip it in the bud.

See Shillzz's post.

Absolutely and it happened a couple of weeks ago. Although not by text.

Why wouldn't I trust her to deal with it? She knows I am there if she needs me. I find it flattering more than anything.

If she cannot deal with it then I would get involved. It also helps that I know no other man has my 'skills'

:winkold:

Each to there own i suppose dude.

No you shouldn't, at all.

Make it known that you'll help her if she wants help. I@m not saying hang her out to dry.

But it's her battle to fight.

You wading in and acting billy big bollocks will just make you look like a dick, and IF there is anythign between them, you're only going to drive her into his arms.

Make sure she knows you're unhappy about it, but let her deal with it.

That's under the assumption that she's not interested in the ex. if she is, and something's going on, then that's a different matter entirely.

Look at it this way Wigs. If a bird from work started texting you, and you weren't interested, and your missus ended up getting involved with the girl from work and texting her telling her to back off etc, would you be ok with that?

I know I wouldn't.

The missus is always getting comments from folk (with what she does I suppose it's a given) and I just leave her to sort it, but she knows that if someone isn't getting the hint then I'm there to protect her so to speak.

She did get a text from an ex the other week and he was being all flirty and stuff, asked her to send him a rude photo, but now she's with me she said she's happy in a relationship and to not ask again. No issues.

The only thing I don't understand is that she is still friends with a few exs / people she has had sex with. I can't do that so I can't get my head around it. Each to their own I suppose. She's quite chilled out about it sex and sees it as a physical act, not an emotional one. I think I'm the girl in this relationship :lol:

Dont get me wrong, i would give her every chance to put a stop to it herself, im just saying if that didnt work then i would have to get involved.

Hang on. That was what I said anyway!!

Trust her to sort it. Then if it got out of hand get involved.

In defense of Wiggy's viewpoint, I don't think women are always looking for the reasoned approach from their boyfriends. I agree that they sometimes want to see a bit of fight, and will forgive a bit of bravado if it just shows that you care. Instinctively, women look for a man who can protect them (is that sexist? possibly), so showing a bit of guile now and then won't do any harm. A lack of fighting spirit can leave you high and dry in my experience.

Â