General Chat

Stevo985

Popped into Morrisions to get some hayfever/allergy tablets (oh the irony) and i was stopped by someone at the exit asking if i had 5 minutes to do a survey on animals. Im in a pretty good mood today (not that im ever in a bad one but hey) so i said "yeah, of course".

The conversation went...

Lady: "Morning, have you got 5 minutes to spare?"

Me: "Yeah, of course"

Lady: "Great, so are you an animal kinda man?"

Me: "Pardon?"

Lady: "Do you like animals?"

Me: "No"

Lady: "Sorry? You dont like animals?"

Me: "Nope"

Lady: " :| "

Me: " :) "

Lady: "Have a good day sir :| "

Me: "You too :) "

Pretty shit survey if you ask me!

Haha. Brilliand. Did that genuinely happen?

Fantastic Wigster!

On my boys life, that happened not 1 hour ago at the Morrisions in Bromsgrove, and that is exactly what was said.

What the hell is all that about Mike? :?

Blimey, somebody actually listened to it? :lol:

It's the inspired lunacy that was The Bonzo Dog Band

Complete works available here.

Popped into Morrisions to get some hayfever/allergy tablets (oh the irony) and i was stopped by someone at the exit asking if i had 5 minutes to do a survey on animals. Im in a pretty good mood today (not that im ever in a bad one but hey) so i said "yeah, of course".

The conversation went...

Fantastic Wigster!

On my boys life, that happened not 1 hour ago at the Morrisions in Bromsgrove, and that is exactly what was said.

I'll give them a miss...but thanks all the same Mike! :)

The conversation went...

Fantastic Wigster!

I'll give them a miss...but thanks all the same Mike! :)

You probably had to be there (I was). :winkold:

I'm back in the 12 stone X lbs region again. New Year goal reached by March.

artworks-000008925113-yep7ri-original.jpg

Nice one Bri.

I went for a medical MOT of sorts a couple of weeks ago and before weighing me the nurse asked how much I though I weighed, so I said 'about 13 and a quarter stone' thinking I must still have a bit of leftover Xmas bulge. So I was pleasantly surprised to find I was just over 12 stone! The 30 mile bike rides must be working :)

Down, though I've pretty much done all of my weight loss for a while now. This was just a little box I wanted to tick. I've been hovering between 13st & 13.5st for a year now which is fine. I couldn't just get into the 12s but now I have.

Down, though I've pretty much done all of my weight loss for a while now. This was just a little box I wanted to tick. I've been hovering between 13st & 13.5st for a year now which is fine. I couldn't just get into the 12s but now I have.

What made you want to loose the weight Bri?

Well done by the way! :thumb:

I went for a medical MOT of sorts a couple of weeks ago and before weighing me the nurse asked how much I though I weighed, so I said 'about 13 and a quarter stone' thinking I must still have a bit of leftover Xmas bulge. So I was pleasantly surprised to find I was just over 12 stone! The 30 mile bike rides must be working :)
Thanks. And ... yeah a 30 mile bike ride will do that!! :)

The picture of him in his avatar from a couple of years ago.

I was originally 15st 11lbs but that was back when I started it all. That weight is long gone and as I said, I've been 13st give or take now for about a year and I won't really be budging from that now ever. My lifestyle and diet are ridiculously healthy and at the same time enjoyable and effortless to maintain. I just wanted to be able at some point to say I'm 12 stone something. 13st was like my floor that I couldn't break through. It just needed a bit more of a prolonged effort to get below it and now over the past few days the aul' needle hasn't quite been able to reach 13st, which is nice :)

The picture of him in his avatar from a couple of years ago.

219yzyb.jpg

I was originally 15st 11lbs but that was back when I started it all. That weight is long gone and as I said, I've been 13st give or take now for about a year and I won't really be budging from that now ever. My lifestyle and diet are ridiculously healthy and at the same time enjoyable and effortless to maintain. I just wanted to be able at some point to say I'm 12 stone something. 13st was like my floor that I couldn't break through. It just needed a bit more of a prolonged effort to get below it and now over the past few days the aul' needle hasn't quite been able to reach 13st, which is nice :)

So you won't be joining me on an Man vs food eating tour then?

Good for you mate. Its nice when you set yourself a goal and actually go through with it and reach it. Have you found keeping the weight off harder than actually loosing the wait in the first place?

Im 14st now (im 6ft), the lowest ive been was 11st 8lb when i was playing football & boxing.

I also used to suffer with bulimia. But thats another story.

It has been easy because I picked a regime that I could stick to. What became a diet for the purposes of weight loss has gradually become my regular day to day diet now with a little (but not much) tweaking. It's no longer something I would say I 'stick to', it is just my regular eating pattern.

The beauty of it too I've found is that one off binging doesn't affect you. The body will just get rid of one-off stuff. I find that only habitual stuff affects me. So I can still do irreverentad's 'Man v Food' thing and be OK. I can still eat a heroic amount in one sitting if I need or want to. I just can't do it all the time, which is what I used to. Fat Brian is still in there but he's very much my party trick now rather than some destructive part of me waiting to come back and wreak havoc on the nearest biscuit tin.

Good for you mate. Its nice when you set yourself a goal and actually go through with it and reach it. Have you found keeping the weight off harder than actually loosing the wait in the first place?

Im 14st now (im 6ft), the lowest ive been was 11st 8lb when i was playing football & boxing.

I also used to suffer with bulimia. But thats another story.

double_take.gif

Â