General Chat

Stevo985

Great start to the day today..

Wife: errr John there is something wrong with the washing machine it tore the arm off my jumper and its leaked just about everywhere

Meath: Yeah really its got nothing to do with the FACT you left the sleeve in the door and forced it closed !!!!

Wife: Did I

Meath: yeah look you see the **** rubber seal on the machine thats where

For **** sake !!!!

Wife: errr John there is something wrong with the washing machine it tore the arm off my jumper and its leaked just about everywhere

Meath: Yeah really its got nothing to do with the FACT you left the sleeve in the door and forced it closed !!!!

For **** sake !!!!

Why is she calling you John and not Meath? :(

For **** sake !!!!

Oh no my secret Identity is blown :D

OwUPN.jpg

Gonna try this:

Central Narcotics Bureau

Singapore

Southeast Asia

Subregion

Region

Geography

Earth

Planet

Orbit

Physics

Natural science

Science

Knowledge

Fact

Information

Sequence

Mathematics

Quantity

Property (philosophy)

Modern philosophy

Philosophy!

(random article)

List of counties in Indiana

U.S. state

Federated state

Constitutional

State

Social sciences

Scholarship

World

Human

Taxonomy

Science

Knowledge

Facts

Information

Sequence

Mathematics

Quantity

Property

Modern philosophy

Philosophy

I bet most end up at maths beforehand.

Yep, I've tried it 3 times and Maths first each time.

It is a bit weird though. You also seem to get to an article with philosophy as the second or third link on the page quite often before you actually get to philosophy

Edit: DOne it 5 times now and got to Maths first every time

For **** sake !!!!

Oh no my secret Identity is blown :D

Understudy has you now, a first name is all he needs. He friended me on Facebook with only my first name and a mutual friend to go on.

If you think about any subject for too long you end up with philosophy.

Philosophy: love of wisdom

Science and mathematics are, if you go back far enough, just offshoots of philosophy.

American Philosophical Society

The American Philosophical Society, founded in 1741 and located in Philadelphia, Pa., is an eminent scholarly organization of international reputation, that promotes useful knowledge in the sciences and humanities through excellence in scholarly research, professional meetings, publications, library resources, and community outreach. Considered the country's first learned society, it has played an important role in American cultural and intellectual life for over 270 years.

Through research grants, published journals, the upkeep of the American Philosophical Society Museum, an extensive library, and regular meetings, the society continues to advance careful study in a wide variety of disciplines in the humanities and the sciences. The museum is located immediately east of Independence Hall and was designated a National Historic Landmark in 1966. It is part of the Independence National Historical Park.

Originally called "Philosophical Society" and founded in 1743 by Benjamin Franklin, the discussion group was an offshoot of his earlier club, the Junto. It was founded two years after the University of Pennsylvania and the institutions remain closely tied From the beginning, the Society attracted some of America's finest minds. Early members included George Washington, John Adams, Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton, Thomas Paine, David Rittenhouse, Nicholas Biddle, Owen Biddle, Benjamin Rush, James Madison, Michael Hillegas, John Marshall, and clergyman, John Andrews. The Society also drew philosophers from other nations as members, including Alexander von Humboldt, the Marquis de Lafayette, Baron von Steuben, Tadeusz Kościuszko, and Yekaterina Romanovna Vorontsova-Dashkova.

By 1746 the Society had lapsed into inactivity. In 1767, however, it was revived, and, on January 2, 1769, it united with the American Society for Promoting Useful Knowledge under the name "American Philosophical Society Held at Philadelphia for Promoting Useful Knowledge". Benjamin Franklin was elected first president of the group.

After the American Revolution, the Society looked for leadership to Francis Hopkinson, one of the signatories of the Declaration of Independence. Under his influence, the Society received land from the government of Pennsylvania, along with a plot of land in Philadelphia where Philosophical Hall now stands.

Illustrious names have continually been added to the membership roster, reflecting the society's scope. Charles Darwin, Robert Frost, Louis Pasteur, Elizabeth Cabot Agassiz, John James Audubon, Linus Pauling, Margaret Mead, Maria Mitchell, and Thomas Edison became members of the Society. The Society continues to attract names of high renown today, with a current membership list (as of the April 2005 elections) of 920 members, including 772 Resident members (citizens or residents of the United States) and 148 Foreign members representing more than two dozen countries.

Many members of the Society of the Cincinnati were among APS' first board members and contributors; today the APS and SOC still maintain an informal, collegial relationship.

a cousin of mine is a member...

It's an interest of mine Levi and it does fill me with hope that places like this exist , especially in America...A country that celebrates freedom but not so much free thinking. (But that tide is turning)

God bless Sam Harris and Daniel Dennett.

Just stick a Have I Got News For You style 'allegedly' at the end :thumb:

Probably not sufficient against a super-injunction (or even if ___ _____ goes after you for libel)....

Fucktarded English defamation law is fucktarded.

Just stick a Have I Got News For You style 'allegedly' at the end :thumb:

Probably not sufficient against a super-injunction (or even if ___ _____ goes after you for libel)....

Fucktarded English defamation law is fucktarded.

The law was introduced in good faith as far as I understand. It was supposed to be there to protect against people who are being blackmailed, I mean, what's the point in taking somebody to court for blackmailing you if everybody finds out that somebody has some juicy gossip on you? It's self defeating.

The law has been hijacked. The crazy thing is because of this superinjuction the story is bigger than it ever would have been. I would bet my left bollock that the footballer's wife knows who he is so he isnt protecting his family. If it had been printed in the newspapers last month everybody would have already forgotten about. Nobody gives a **** about David Beckham/Rebecca Loos anymore, do they?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

Â