General Chat

Stevo985

Brum to inverness and back in a day.

Brum to Aberdeen and back in a day.

Brum to Plymouth and back in a day then Inverness and back the next day.

No stopping on journeys, just at destination (other than fuel to Inverness)

And even those arent exactly bad. Done them loads over the last 4 years or so.

yeah, but I'm on a Raleigh Chipper.

I think the most I've done for work was back in February where over the course of a week I visited Swansea, Plymouth, Brum, Sheppey and London in a random unplanned order. Think I managed just over 1,000 in 5 days with meetings or work on site included every day.

Most I've done for 'pleasure' was Cardiff to Glasgow (with a quick trip to Oban to say we'd been there) and back in 36 hours with a game of euro qualifier footy to watch thrown in the middle. Got the rental car back and it had 999 miles on it, so we drove around the car park until it pinged 1,000 exactly. Ha! take that you unlimited mileage feckers!

worst journey? Portugal (Porto) and back by bus

again, to watch footy

that was a long few days

She then said - 'People in the office are laughing about it, something to do with movies I think". I replied with 'let me guess, the lads in the office were talking about it', she said 'Yes', I said 'You don't want to know'.

I don't know what kind of relationship you have with yer mother (smutty jokes etc?) but you could just mortify her by telling her. It's an option.

I very nearly had my aul' wan going into a jewellers to get me a 'particular' Christmas present before. She had no idea what to buy me so (thanks to my brother in law) I suggested a Prince Albert ring. None the wiser, she was delighted that she was getting me 'something I wanted' until my sister (who wasn't in on the joke) explained what it was. That was an epic setup down the pan. Still great laughs all around though :)

She then said - 'People in the office are laughing about it, something to do with movies I think". I replied with 'let me guess, the lads in the office were talking about it', she said 'Yes', I said 'You don't want to know'.

Tbh it is originally a movie term.

It refers to the high budget scenes that sell a movie, the ones that cost a load to film, but that everyone remembers, the ones that will bring in the punters. Just tell her that, then she'll start using it as well ;)

The most embarressing situation ive found myself in was with one of my ex girlfriends.

It was late at night round her house and her mom and dad had already gone to bed. We were just messing round in the kitchen making a drink for bed before we went upstairs. So were farting round and i think it'll be funny do de-bag her of her pyjama bottoms while she is making her drink................

Guess who is stood in the door way to the kitchen as i look up...yep her old man!!! :oops:

Anyway, i got over my embarressment by smashing her in in the room next door to where her dad was sleeping! :D

My last girlfriends' mom asked us what "Jizz" was, in the middle of dinner.

The urge to reply with "Let me show you" was overwhelming, but I resisted.

My mother-in-law has asked me what spit roasting was and also what was meant by a pearl necklace... coming to think of it is there a hidden message in there? :suspect::D

Has anyone ever searched Pearl Necklace in wikipedia. It has a proper picture!!!! haha

Anyway, i got over my embarressment by smashing her in in the room next door to where her dad was sleeping!

So you got over an embarrassment by failing to make her loud enough to wake her Dad in the next room? Go you! :lol:

When I was 14 and had my first proper girlfriend, we had been going out for a few months when her mom and dad decided they wanted to get a dog, my girlfriend said..." oooh can we get one of those durex dogs...."

Now obviously she meant Dulux...... but it didnt make the moment any less awkward i can assure you..

Anyway, i got over my embarressment by smashing her in in the room next door to where her dad was sleeping!

So you got over an embarrassment by failing to make her loud enough to wake her Dad in the next room? Go you! :lol:

350__1_Suede_leather_ga_4a3d923ac9db2.jpg

8)

When I was 14 and had my first proper girlfriend, we had been going out for a few months when her mom and dad decided they wanted to get a dog, my girlfriend said..." oooh can we get one of those durex dogs...."

Now obviously she meant Dulux...... but it didnt make the moment any less awkward i can assure you..

My mother in law, over a family dinner, once announced that another of her daughters (who lived in the USA) was going rent a condom for the summer.

After a long silence, we realised she meant a condominium (i.e. holiday flat) - a "condo".

Unfortunately my Girlfriend's mum deliberately makes inuendo out of anything and everything. Nothing like engaging in a conversation about S&M with the M-I-L as the rest of her family look on in disgust.

wordsmiths -

whats the word when you identify people that you will interview as part of your dissertation, its not reputation, eminence but its along those lines

Authority?

i interviewed two candidates on their opinion on green construction in China, candidate A had worked in chinese construction for 30 years, candidate b had worked in chinese construction for 2 years, therefore candidate A provides a more reputable / opinion has more weight / etc etc

basically im trying to use a big word to say that the guy who has worked there longer is likely to have a more trustworthy opinion than the other guy

Â