General Chat

Stevo985

The only sandwich I regularly have is cheddar with salad cream, touch of salt and pepper, tasty.

In other news, it's odd being back in Brum somehow. It just seems strange there's in front of me any more. Well nothing definitive anyway. For the last couples of years sooner of later I'd be back in Wales.

pussy nom nom nom.

thanks for clarification mr(s)_dogg. I really wasn't sure.

and well abit briggaman, going into do revision every day all day really. should be okay hopefully, tbh, not this exam worried about, more than law special study and 2nd business paper. Can't wait for it to all be over. 12pm on 25th june. finish exam and straight off to a wedding.

Ah, first exam tomorrow (Wednesday) and I haven't started revising for it yet. Mainly because you can't revise for the first bit and I have **** all information on the second part, as my teachers are a pair of dunces.

One on Thursday too.

Woooooooooooooooooooooo.

A-Level too. I should be leaving, but I **** up year 12, and I don't want to leave with just 2 a-levels and an AS, so I'm sticking around for Media next year and finishing it off.

Might do Media at Uni too. Hmm.

Well, good luck to you both and any others on here with exams.

I'd say go to Uni, even if you just stay for first year. Oh yes, there were good times to be had. :D

Then it goes downhill when you owe £12,000 of a student loan after three years....

Well, good luck to you both and any others on here with exams.

I'd say go to Uni, even if you just stay for first year. Oh yes, there were good times to be had. :D

Then it goes downhill when you owe £12,000 of a student loan after three years....

I never went to Uni, but a few of my mates did and most of them got pretty much zero use of their qualifications. That said, they had a brilliant time and learned more about life than they did in lectures.

On the topic of pizza, I like the ones you get in M&S. Having lived in Napoli for around six years of my life though, nothing comes even close to a proper Italian pizza:

New England Greek/Turkish/Albanian Pizza is the one true pizza.

19-reg-styles-new-england-greek-thumb-560x398-85740.jpg

I grew up in SE CT and grew up on "New England Greek," though I never heard it called that. I also worked a few, Botchis Pizza, Niantic Pizza and Flanders Pizza in East Lyme, CT. This type of Greek is not to be confused with "Greek" pizzas with olives, feta and other Greek ingredients. The dough is pressed out into olive-oiled pans with a small rim. The dough is pressed flat and then sauced. The pans are left out to rise, but only a little. We would then cheese them and toss them in the cooler. That would stop the rising. You would then draw on those throughout the day. If you ran out - no more pizza! The base cheese was a mixture of provolone and moz. If you wanted a "Mozzarella" pizza, the pizzaman would sprinkle another layer of moz over the base and toss the pan in the oven. Other ingredients went on top of the cheese. When it was done the pizza was scooped out of the pan, dropped onto a flat cardboard round and sliced, always with a long flat curved blade that pressed into the pizza and sliced as the blade rocked on it's curved edge. I never saw roller cutters and I'm not sure they would work as well on the slightly thicker, crisper pies.

The places I worked in and ate at did not, as I recall, have an acidic taste. But there may be variations.

Best things about this style: The crust gets very firm and crunchy due to the olive oil in the pan. It's a little thicker than NY style, but because it's risen it seems a little lighter. That crisper crust would support the extra cheesy "Mozzarella" pizza, and rarely got soggy.

I have heard bad things about the machines they use to make McFlurry's. Things to do with the lack of proper cleaning etc...

By the way, has anyone else had a go at the World Cup predictor? It is quite a cool one and can be found here.

Â