Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Haven't really followed along, but why would Levy want him out? I mean he's ugly and all, but still a great manager for Spurs.

Because Harry blew a 10pt lead over Arsenal and cost Spurs a place in the CL right at the time he was distracted by the England job. It's said Levy holds him responsible and ain't happy about it.

Exactly. Harry would have walked if the England job was offered so Spurs would have been looking at replacements, with them blowing the CL it is not surprising Levy hasn't thrown away the list just yet.

I really don't think Redknapp helped himself with all that talk about players not responding to a manager in the last year of his contract. He tried to force Levy's hand which strikes me as being a very bad move. It's not worked and I can see it all coming to a head one or another soon.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very interesting to see what happens here. If he doesn't go it just shows the sheer power of interent rumours. It started off on SPurs messageboards with some ITKs and has now caught on in the media and twitter etc. Everyone is becoming more and more convinced it is true, as each new source appears. But personally I wouldn't be at all surprised if there was virtually nothing in this. None of the reasons given by the ITKs make sense. I really do think it could be a modern case of Chinese whispers. I suspect the source of 99% of those claiming to know he is gone or is going, all origintate from the same place.

If he stays they will come up with loads of BS like he was on the edge and Levy decided to give him a reprieve or some other nonsense, but they shouldn't be allowed to back track. But If he's as close to going as is being made out and Lvey wants him gone as much as is being made out, then there is no chance he'll still be here at the start of the season. If he stays then the ITKs have been found out (yet again) and we'll have an amazing example of how these things work and that there really can be smoke without fire.

It's hard to be convinced by the sheer wieght of numbers behind this rumour, but when I step back and look objectively from Levys point of view, it would seem hugely unlikely he wants Harry out and the reasons put forward by ITKs seem to be more soap opera than reallity based. So I think it is that it's total rubbish and that Levy and Harry have a good working relationship. However, I'm finding it tough to stay rational and look at things objectively as all the talk is starting to convince me aswell, to the point I wouldn't be surprised if he went!

If he shown a bit of loyalty and come out stating that he has no interest with the England job and sticking with Spuds after his problem with his dog and tax, i genuinely think they would have qualified for the champions leauge at the very least.

I think he is gone.

If Levy was happy with him they would have sat down and discussed a new contract by now. It is silly to let this disrupt your summer if there is nothing going on and everyone is happy.

But if the people who count know that there is nothing going on, then no one has been disrupted. I just don't see the incentive for Levy to give him a new contact when he still has a year left. I never believed that he offered him a 3 year deal when the England specualtion started.

The reality is that Harry is 65 years old and still commutes from Sandbanks on a daily basis because he and his wife are so settled there. He turned down the Newcastle job for that reason. The rumours of him going abroad are crazy in my opinion. He's family man with grand children. He's not going to the Middle East. There just aren't mnay opitions for him and none better than what he has now. Levy knows that, so I don't see why he'd offer him a longer term deal. Harry can use the media to bluff all he wants, but the idea of him and Sandra leaving Sandbankc to move to Qatar in their mid to late 60's just beggars belief, even if the money on offer is huge.

Harry just doesn't have the cards to play a decent hand and Levy knows it. From my point of view this is the only issue between the two and it's been blown out of all proportion. In my opinion there is nothing going on here more than a contract dispute which I doubt Levy is really bothered by, as he doesn't think Harry will quit. Given the scale of the Harry out rumours, it's tough to ignore them, so, as I said I wouldn't be shocked if he went, but the whole things doesn't make sense to me. What is for sure, is that if he does stay, the whole thing was totally sensationalist nonsense, but ITKs will come out with all sorts of bollocks to explain why Harry is still in a job, which sadly a lot of people will believe.

Talking a lot of sense there in my view Joey, given how you yourself say Harry doesn't have many cards to play do you not think this rumour may actually have originated from Harry himself or people close to him. Trying force Levy's hand through panic with the fans is about the only card he has left after the previous attempt of talking about players not responding to a manger with a year left.

Another of the most well estbalished ITKs, who has definitely got a lot of quite unique stuff right over the years, has just said he's being sacked. It's getting harder and harder not to believe it.

Talking a lot of sense there in my view Joey, given how you yourself say Harry doesn't have many cards to play do you not think this rumour may actually have originated from Harry himself or people close to him. Trying force Levy's hand through panic with the fans is about the only card he has left after the previous attempt of talking about players not responding to a manger with a year left.

Harry is very hated amongst a lot of Spurs fans and ITKs are fans. Many of them have an anti Harry agenda and I think it's possible they are trying to make this a self fullfilling prophecy. I don't think Harry could be behind much of it, as so much of the stuff posted is utter nonsense that makes Harry look bad. Though some of the stuff in the media could be Harrys doing, hoping the fans would put pressure on Levy to give him a new contact. So, if it isn't true, which I'm still more inclined to believe, then I'd say the reason it's got so out of control is in part due to Harry using the media to try and get a better contract, but mainly due to the ITKs utterly abusing their status to massively push their own agenda.

Harry is very hated amongst a lot of Spurs fans

Hated? Why?

Because he's a word removed!

This.

If he was our manager, it wouldn't matter if he was successful, I'd still hat ehim because of what a giant tosspot he is.

Harry is very hated amongst a lot of Spurs fans

Hated? Why?

He embarrassed them. When he was appointed the anger wasn't because he was generally disliked, but becasue the majority were convinced he wasn't good enough for Spurs. Most football messageboard posters are the same in that they want to demosnstrate a greter knowledge of the game. This is why there are so many "expert" scouts and tacticians. Teh fact Redknapp has been so succesful has casued for a great deal of resentment amongst many messagebaord fans. Thus they look for any reason to criticise him and so far all reasons have been absured. They main argument is that our squad was supposedly good enough to challenge for the title and Redknapp is holding us back. Other arguments include there is no planning for the future and Levy signs our players, apart from the odd older one! They hate him so much that they actually believe this. They will never back down and admit their view of football in general is wrong and it's a far simpler game than modern, pretentious, messageboard fans would have like to believe.

Basically they struggle to support a regime that if successful makes them look stupid. Their entire online credibiltiy depends on their opinion and it's very important to them as they spend much of their day on the forums. I stopped posting on Spurs forums as it was becoming an obsession.

Their entire online credibiltiy depends on their opinion and it's very important to them as they spend much of their day on the forums
Sounds like every football forum alright.

think has been coming for a while if true as he wsant given any funds in January or much last summer when heavy investment would push them on.

Be funny if he gets sacked mid-game while on BBC ;)

In fairness wasn't Redknapp himself talking about pushing for the title?

When asked he'd say "why not?" But that isn't the same as the calims the anti Redknapp forum brigade are making. They are saying we had a squad that should have been pushing for the title, which frankly is mental. Top 4 is a great achievment with our squad. Having a squad as good as ours is a great achievment with our resources. Our fans should be delighted with how things have gone over the last few years, but many of them are acting as if they support Man Utd and have grown used to winning titles and challenging for the CL. I promise you that had a manager who fitted the bill more, like Ramos, finshed 4th twice in 3 years they'd be saying he's the best in the Prem. It's many of the same posters who wanted Jol out and Ramos in, that are behind all the anti Redknapp stuff.

If Redknapp went they should go for McLeish. He can achieve things that Redknapp could only dream of and he would get Jenas really playing.

could also re-sign Hutton the Scottish Cafu

Â