Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Ryan Nelsen deal stinks to high heaven as usual. Who releases a player in the dying hours of transfer deadline day, so he can become a free agent and therefore not bound by the transfer window rules? It has to be a first. Released supposedly because of his "injury problems" but signed by Spurs the very next morning only hours after the window closed.

I know spuds have a fondness for crocked centre backs but, it can't just be me thinking that something is amiss here.

They will then bid for Samba in the summer and pay £500k over the odds to cover the Nelson deal.

Cant believe Redknapp in his defence today saying that his tax accountants run his life that he employs the best to take care of that for him and if anything he never evades tax he always pays too much not too little

Sorry Harry but if that is the case I doubt you have the best tax accountants mate and you should be replacing them. The best tax accountants help you avoid tax, that is why they are the best and why you employ them

Ooh dear

What's the worst thing you could do when you're in court, under oath, trying to persuade a jury of your innocence? I bet admitting to being a filthy dirty stinking lying bastard isn't top of your priorities. Unless you're Redknapp.

Not looking too good for the East End's living Madame Porkswords exhibit...

That just undermines his reliability in giving evidence doesn't it?

I would imagine the prosecution would just use that to show that he can't be trusted. He's admitted he lied before, why should we believe anythign he says now?

The main issue at the moment is that Harry said it was a payment and Mandaric said it was loan. It makes most sense to assume Harry told the truth and was unaware this would land Mandaric in the shit.

If it's loan Harry was only liable for tax on the profit. However, if it is a payment, then tax is liable. The trouble for Mandaric is that he has confirmed he told Harry the tax was paid on it, hence he needs it to be a loan, not a payment. But that doesn't make much sense. Why on earth would Mandaric invest £90,000 as a favour for Harry? He's was worth £100 million at the time and Harry was on £2 million a year. It would have to be some investment to make it worth doing with a stake of just £90,000, considering Harry would only benefit from the profit!

Harry's version is much more plausible and it seems unlikely that Harry would have had the intelligence to make up the Crouch story on the spur of the moment. Also the loan wasn't repaid. How can it be a loan? Mandaric's story doesn't make sense. I'd imagine it will be viewed as a payment and Mandaric has confirmed he told Harry the tax had been paid. Harry himself is still responsible, so he might still be in some trouble, but not much. He wont be going to prison.

Now that Redknapp has changed his story and is backing up Mandaric's claim, which as you say above doesn't make sense, do you still think there was nothing dodgy going on?

I think that there is an exercise being undertaken by Redknapp and his team to try and paint him as an innocent buffoon, someone who hadn't got the foggiest what was going on and just confused by the whole episode, when IMO, the opposite is true

To me if he is done for this it will give me pleasure that it centered around a deal involving my club

If it was a loan how many replayments has Harry made?

If it was a loan how can it also be an investment?

If it was a loan why is it still sitting in the account?

Why exactly did Harry need a loan?

Why doesn't Harry mention the house he bought and sold to a player he just signed on a Bosman who paid him 17% (or something along those lines) more than he had paid for it. I though it was terrible at business?

How can you claim your useless at business and finance and say that your account is paid a fortune for looking after this stuff and then admit you didn't tell him about this loan?

How can one person always be so wronged? First the BBC, then the Police raid, then the investigation into an agent he works with, then HMRC. How unlucky can one man be?

Why doesn't Harry mention the house he bought and sold to a player he just signed on a Bosman who paid him 17% (or something along those lines) more than he had paid for it. I though it was terrible at business?

How can you claim your useless at business and finance and say that your account is paid a fortune for looking after this stuff and then admit you didn't tell him about this loan?

How can one person always be so wronged? First the BBC, then the Police raid, then the investigation into an agent he works with, then HMRC. How unlucky can one man be?

You are quite obviously an Arsenal fan (C. HJ Redknapp 1/2/12)

Ah I love this topic, warms the cockles of me 'eart it does, restores my faif in 'uman nature.

Redknapp is as someone else correctly said trying to play the buffoon (AKA the Ken Dodd Defence with shouting and accusations instead of jokes for the jury), unfortunately nobody appears to have told his character witness, Mr Bob Wilson (A very famous former Arsenal player and coach.) He appears to have painted him as very intelligent, understanding everything his charity wanted to do in very quick time. Oops! :mrgreen:

Also a former Tottenham player in a wheel chair who chose not to be identified, anyone else think that comes across as... a bit bloody iffy, bordering on the hilarious?

Correct me if im wrong trent but do you smell something fishy?

Â