Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

modric is quality, probably one of the best dribblers in the league.

He looks like he skips and glides past players dispite his small frame.

Spurs deperately need Adebayour. He can be the difference between them and Liverpool.

They messed up selling both Kanoute and Bent (and Berba but nothing they could do about that)

Crouch, Defoe and Pav just dont cut it for a team striving for CL football.

modric is quality, probably one of the best dribblers in the league.

He looks like he skips and glides past players dispite his small frame.

Spurs deperately need Adebayour. He can be the difference between them and Liverpool.

They messed up selling both Kanoute and Bent (and Berba but nothing they could do about that)

Crouch, Defoe and Pav just dont cut it for a team striving for CL football.

He was sold in 2006, way before their current era. David O Leary was still our manager then, thats how long ago it was.

Had a good chuckle at v.d.Vaart's hissy fit after Lennon's woeful indicision about that cut-back. Interestingly, he seemed to start playing for himself thereafter much to the detriment of their attacking potency.

VDV is a fantastic player. The major trouble with him is that the entire system of the team has to change to accommodate him. Defoe's new-found crapness co-incided perfectly with the arrival of VDV. The decision then becomes - Is VDV good enough to sacrifice the other forwards' games. On his day he absolutely is. But over a season perhaps not. It's a dilemma that I don't think Harry will ever solve. Spurs aren't good enough to be able to snub a talent like VDV where Real Madrid were able to.

VDV is a fantastic player. The major trouble with him is that the entire system of the team has to change to accommodate him. Defoe's new-found crapness co-incided perfectly with the arrival of VDV. The decision then becomes - Is VDV good enough to sacrifice the other forwards' games. On his day he absolutely is. But over a season perhaps not. It's a dilemma that I don't think Harry will ever solve. Spurs aren't good enough to be able to snub a talent like VDV where Real Madrid were able to.

Absolutely nail on the head as far as I'm concerned.

I still don't 'get' Modric. He's good, for sure. But that good? I just don't see it.

:?

I agree.

Very good player, no doubt. But THAT good?

not for me.

Im in this camp.

Chelsea really missed out when City got Silva. 10 times the player of Modric imo

Had a good chuckle at v.d.Vaart's hissy fit after Lennon's woeful indicision about that cut-back. Interestingly, he seemed to start playing for himself thereafter much to the detriment of their attacking potency.

I noticed that also, he was angry, incandescent even, if Lennon had better vision would have changed the game. Haven't seen a player that angry for years.

Chelsea really missed out when City got Silva. 10 times the player of Modric imo

different players, Silva is more advanced player and MOdric sits in midfield and sprays it around. Spurs are a completely different team without him and was their player of the year last season not Bale or VDV

That was particularly atrocious from Lennon. He either had a simple pass to VDV or he could've whacked it at that same speed but at Bale who was closer to the goal and it might've gone in off him. Instead he whacks it between both of them at the defender and it goes harmlessly wide. VDV was right. Piss poor vision from Lennon, the winger that can't cross.

I just thought it was standard Lennon to be honest, he isn't really a footballer he is an athlete in football boots. He can run fast but in terms of a football brain he isn't on the same level as the players around him and at times like last night he is exposed for being exactly that. It isn't so much that he can't cross (although he can't) it is more that he just doesn't see the game the way others do, the instinct isn't there, by the time he thinks about it the moment has passed.

Â