Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Just to confirm the overall and complete performance in the main 2 competitions:

Tottenham:

2 league titles and 4 runner ups, 47 years out of the top flight (last winner or runner up 47 years ago!)

European Cup - no chance!

Villa:

7 league titles and 10 runner ups, more recent winner and runner up than the tots plus an extra 35 years as a top flight team!

A whopping 79 out of 122 top flight years spent above Spurs!

European Cup winners - yes!

So Spurs overall less successful in both the main competitions :lol:

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to confirm the overall and complete performance in the main 2 competitions:

Tottenham:

2 league titles and 4 runner ups, 47 years out of the top flight (last winner or runner up 47 years ago!)

Villa:

7 league titles and 10 runner ups, more recent winner and runner up than the tots plus an extra 35 years as a top flight team!

You posting this on every page is getting pretty annoying to me, so I can't imagine how pissed off the Spurs fans are getting!

Tottenham:

Villa:

You posting this on every page is getting pretty annoying to me, so I can't imagine how pissed off the Spurs fans are getting!

The complete picture shows just how inferior Spurs have been!

No need to hide facts away - this is everything in the main 2 comps!

Villa vastly superior to Spurs overall in the main 2 comps! :winkold:

I hate Spurs because of Melted Candlewax Face. (Rule bending, tax avoiding, self-proclaimed victim)

Need to get that post in before I lose focus and start to hate Spurs because 2/3 of their fans are clearly cockney self-righteous morons.

I hate Spurs because of Melted Candlewax Face.

That's better!

... So Spurs overall less successful in both the main competitions ...

But, unfortunately for Villa, less successful than Spurs since WWI onwards.

As I've said, it's perhaps time for Villa fans to stop looking backwards into the remote, Victorian past when the league was tiny.

As I've said, it's perhaps time for Villa fans to stop looking backwards into the remote, Victorian past when the league was tiny.

What's the difference between looking at the league 130 years ago and looking at it say 60 years ago?

It's history. Perhaps you should stop looking and just cutting off certain points in history that fits in with your pointless arguement. Fecking hell, you can't even admit Villa have a better history, Spurs are in a better current position and probably have more potential than Villa like growing the club but fecking hell, your history is below ours. Accept it.

There really are no words to adequately describe the absurdity of Glaston's posts.

Aaaaannnnnnd the stats have been glastoned!!!

I guess the holocaust never happened either, as it was reported before Sir Candleface's apointment.

Glaston, you are the Kim Jong Il of football message boards. :

Guys, help needed, I was born in 1982, I no longer exist :-(

Lets look on the bright side, the first 2 world wars didn't happen, so millions of people didn't lose there lifes fighting for what we have today.

Guys, help needed, I was born in 1982, I no longer exist :-(

Lets look on the bright side, the first 2 world wars didn't happen, so millions of people didn't lose there lifes fighting for what we have today.

Eh? World Wars? wtf are you on about? never heard of them.

Although going by this thread I think Glaston created..

ndms6c.jpg

(Only relevant to Dr Who fans!)

... I guess the holocaust never happened either, as it was reported before Sir Candleface's apointment.

Yet another post that insists on trying to put someone else's words in my my mouth ... always a sign of a weak argument.

I haven't said that Villa's Victorian era trophies don't exist or don't count, and I'm happy to agree that Villa were the most successful league club in that distant era.

What I have said is simply this:

1) The value of trophies won when the league structure was tiny - and most of today's clubs weren't even it - is diminished in comparison to later times: big fish in small pond = far less competition.

2) That since WWI Villa have been a less successful club than Spurs - by a 16 to 9 trophy count.

The first item is an opinion that most reasonable fans would agree with, and the 2nd item is simply a statement of fact.

... I guess the holocaust never happened either, as it was reported before Sir Candleface's apointment.

Yet another post that insists on trying to put someone else's words in my my mouth ... always a sign of a weak argument.

I haven't said that Villa's Victorian era trophies don't exist or don't count, and I'm happy to agree that Villa were the most successful league club in that distant era.

1) The value of trophies won when the league structure was tiny - and most of today's clubs weren't even it - is diminished in comparison to later times.

2) That since WWI Villa have been a less successful club than Spurs - by a 16 to 9 trophy count.

The first item is an opinion that most reasonable fans would agree with, and the 2nd item is simply a statement of fact.

So in conclusion, you accept that Villa once enjoyed a position in the game that Spurs have never come close to and as such a longer and richer history.

You also accept that Villa have won more than Spurs.

Seems like we agree at last.

1) The value of trophies won when the league structure was tiny - and most of today's clubs weren't even it - is diminished in comparison to later times: big fish in small pond = far less competition.

Thats assumes that 1 League Cup or FA cup is equivalent to European Champions, it clearly isn't

Â