Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I think it's fair to say we are more concerend with Arsenal than they are of us, but that's due to the success they've had in recent years. If we were doing better than them, then they'd probably look for any reasons to criticse us.

Which is fair.

It's just the way football works and probably explains this thread.

I know it's an annoying phrase not meant to wind people up, but there is currently definitely an inferiority complex amongst Villa fans concerning Spurs. I'm not just saying this in retort to you saying we have it against Arsenal, as I've said it before earlier in this thread. And it's true, we do definitlely have an inferiroty complex concerning Arsenal, but it deosn't seem to as bad as the fascination Villa fans on this forum have towards Spurs. I'm genuinley not trying to piss you lot off, but it is true.

This is not correct. This thread has been going for nearly 12 months, when Spuds were bottom of the league. The previous thread was going for about three years. Spuds finished a mere six points above Villa last season, but for the previous two seasons Villa had finished 11 and 14 points above Spuds.

You can't have an inferiority complex with a club achieving less.

The reason we don't like Spuds is the media wankfest and the massive word removed of a manager. That's about it. And Glaston's PR campaign (which has been molested in the statistical sense more than Josef Fritzl's kids), which is so **** boring it makes me want to cut myself. Repeatedly.

I apologize for coming onto a Villa forum and posting in a way that is likely to antagonize so frequently, but it's only ever to point out the hypocrisy. I genuinley only joined this forum as I enjoy talking about football with fans from other clubs to get their perspective, but it's difficult not to respond to so much of the stuff here regarding Spurs.

So ignore it. You may support Spuds but you don't have to PR for them.

I like you and Simply Spudfect as fans of another club. Your usually balanced posts make your compatriot Glaston look like a total bellend.

I post on an Arsenal forum now and again and have never once got into an argument in over four years. They know I am Villa, I have it in my profile on there, but I talk football and I use the off topic sections to communicate with them. If I tried a Villa PR campaign they would hound me senseless. So I don't.

I didn't mean you feel inferior to us in terms of success on the pitch, but in terms of stature. I said I'd used the terms inferiority complex previously in this thread and that was the context in which I used it. It's the status we hold in the game that seems to be an issue for a lot of posters in this thread. There are so many posts on this forum in which Villa fans really try and convince themselves that we are similar sized clubs or that you are even bigger and that the attention we recive is due to London media bias. I don't see why this is necessary, as it's success on the ptich that matters, yet it is important to many Villa fans. So the size of Spurs in terms of fan base, finances and prestige is a real issue, cause for resentement and even inferiority complex amongst Villa fans.

With Arsenal our inferirioty complex comes from the success they've had and we try and pick wholes in it. But we'd never claim to be as big a club as them. There are enough surveys that tell us their fanbase is much bigger (the simplest and most accurate being fantasy football entrants), there are financial accounts that show they are much richer and they are also much more prominent in the media and more prestigous. They are just a bigger club than us. But we dont have a problem with them in the respect, but reading this forum, it seems Villa fans do with Tottenham.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well do the job and ban the prick.

A Villa fan has claimed that Spurs have "achieved less" than Villa in the last few years. So when I point out the obvious flaws in this claim, your reaction is to call for me to be banned?

What exactly do you want in this thread? Do you actually wish to read only Villa-praising and Spurs-damning posts, regardless of whether or not they they are based on bullshit, factual errors, wishful thinking and self-delusions?

Or do you prefer actual discussion/debate, with often challenging views epxressed?

Your views arent challenging, they're ridiculous.

Telling facts to you about Spurs is like telling your mother in law that the wife is doing your head in. We're right, you know we're right, but your blind, one-eyed viewpoint on the club is unwaving.

I dont give a shit about what you want to spout on COYS - or whatever 'exclusive' Spurs forum/fora you use, however it doesnt change the fact that you are a prick - something you've acknowledged as fact based on responding to my thread directly.

I dont care about joey55 or that other spurs fan who use this place, or that artetagirl (shes a bit like you, bites so easily) - or whoever - but you spend your day **** around on opposition sites trying to paint a picture that spurs are a huge club (when they aint) and harry is an honest guy... amusement!

prick!

A Villa fan has claimed that Spurs have "achieved less" than Villa in the last few years. So when I point out the obvious flaws in this claim, your reaction is to call for me to be banned?

What exactly do you want in this thread? Do you actually wish to read only Villa-praising and Spurs-damning posts, regardless of whether or not they they are based on bullshit, factual errors, wishful thinking and self-delusions?

Or do you prefer actual discussion/debate, with often challenging views epxressed?

Your views arent challenging, they're ridiculous.

Telling facts to you about Spurs is like telling your mother in law that the wife is doing your head in. We're right, you know we're right, but your blind, one-eyed viewpoint on the club is unwaving.

I dont give a shit about what you want to spout on COYS - or whatever 'exclusive' Spurs forum/fora you use, however it doesnt change the fact that you are a prick - something you've acknowledged as fact based on responding to my thread directly.

I dont care about joey55 or that other spurs fan who use this place, or that artetagirl (shes a bit like you, bites so easily) - or whoever - but you spend your day **** around on opposition sites trying to paint a picture that spurs are a huge club (when they aint) and harry is an honest guy... amusement!

prick!

Brilliant :-D

In the past three seasons, Villa have accumulated 186 points, while Spuds accumulated 167.

Obviously 167 is higher than 186, making Spuds the more successful team.

In fairness what you've done there is 'Glaston' the stats. Taking into account the last 3 years because that puts us higher, when they finished 5th twice the 2 years before that.

Yes. I did it deliberately to prove what a load of cock his statistics are.

Villa and Spurs are on about par and I accept that. We have a richer history but Spuds, in terms of size of club, fan base and league standing have been about the same as us for a couple of generations.

You're both as bad as each other ;)

But I'm a Villa fan posting on a Villa forum. I'm not arguing on a Spud forum.

;) ;)

We all prefer actual discussion and debate, however you offer neither of these. Your perception of football is so incredibly skewed, it's impossible to engage you in a reasonable or objective debate.

You love coming on VT and being the Villain (forgive the pun).

AttentionWhore-poster.jpg

Any attention is good attention eh? Even if it is virtual.

Nice to see you dodge last nights game glaston and go back to comparing villa to spurs on a time period that suits your arguement

And whilst i agree with you, thanks for also reminding me that finishing 4th in the league is now a better achievement than 2 wembley appearances :(

Why should I wish to "dodge" last night's game? An away draw against the 2nd seeds in the group is a decent start for Spurs ... certainly a better result for us than Bremen, and a better result for us than Inter obtained considering they were only playing against the group's 4th seeds.

The Bremen result puts Spurs in a decent position, with all our home games yet to come.

Nor have I said that finishing 4th is a better achievement than making 2 Wembley finals and winning one of them. It's simply an additional achievement.

As for the comparison 'time period', I think you'll find it was a Villa fan who specified the roughly 4 years in question and claimed that Spurs have "achieved less" than Villa during this time.

Telling facts to you about Spurs is like .... [blah blah]

... the fact that you are a prick - something you've acknowledged as fact based on responding to my thread directly.

You don't even seem to know what the word 'fact' means. A fact is not an opinion, and far less does it centre around filling your posts with witless abuse.

You've just hailed 6 points in the league as better than 25...

No, I haven't said that.

I've said that winning a trophy and then qualifying to play in the CL is an obviously better achievement that simply accumulating more league points to no great end.

I find it hard to believe that you are seriously attempting to argue otherwise.

... while failing to acknowledge the horrendously bad refereeing decision that cost us our own League Cup.

If Vidic had been sent off, as any self respecting human would agree was the correct decision, either Owen or Berbaspud would have come off to make way for another CB. The two players that made Manure's equaliser ....

I've noticed the tendency on VT to often blame the match officials for the outcome of lost games. Sometimes of course this can be justified, but usually it's a just convenient excuse ... as generally this 'luck' element evens itself out over the course of a season and the more successful teams tend to make their own luck.

Spurs recently lost their 2nd Wembley final in successive years on the lottery of a penalty shoot-out, but I make no complaints about that.

I've noticed the tendency on VT to often blame the match officials for the outcome of lost games. Sometimes of course this can be justified, but usually it's a just convenient excuse ... as generally this 'luck' element evens itself out over the course of a season and the more successful teams tend to make their own luck.

Spurs recently lost their 2nd Wembley final in successive years on the lottery of a penalty shoot-out, but I make no complaints about that.

I'm struggling to understand this. Nearly every newspaper said that the match officials got the decision wrong and it would of been a totally different game if they hadn't.

Why on earth do you use a penalty shoot out to compare this to how spurs are so high and mighty?

Message for Glaston: Nobody gives a **** about anything you say; not here nor any of the other boards you troll.

You seem to get the same responses from wherever you post.

But remember, everyone else is a word removed but you...

Message for Glaston: Nobody gives a **** about anything you say; not here nor any of the other boards you troll.

You seem to get the same responses from wherever you post.

But remember, everyone else is a word removed but you...

If that were true, people would just ignore him.

As it happens, he gets about five or six replies to every post he makes here, so clearly a lot of people give a **** about everything he says.

Â