Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

Haha do you remember two seasons ago when Spurs were tearing it up in preseason under Ramos? Dos Santos got 5 assists or something against Leyton Orient? Glaston was being all cockney wideboy about how Ramos and Spurs were going places? Good times :D

And then two years later they broke into the top four? Good times.

Exactly so. Plus Dos Santos has only recently turned 21 and - for those VTers who maybe hadn't noticed - looks to be turning into quite some player.

Sure, progress has sometimes been one step back and then two steps forward, but why focus on the one step back and not the more important two steps forward? These silly posts from some VTers - desperate to find some stick with which to beat Spurs - are really quite amusing given how Spurs continue to generally kick on in all areas.

To be honest mate the thread title has the words Spuds Redknob hatefest in it so not really sure what you were expecting?

Until you realise this is a hatefest thread of Spuds then you will continue to see the posts as silly.

Maybe you should see about starting a Spurs thread for you and whoever else wants to talk about potatoes.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play Jas. I'm well aware that not all Villa fans possess such hatred towards Spurs, it's just the ones that do are frequently very vocal about it in this thread. :P

Any of our resident Yids attending this Saturday's friendly?

I'll be taking my nephew on his first trip down to watch them live, providing the weather is okay.

Good team to be playing for his first trip, better teach him how to deal with defeat beforehand though. :D

I'm so gonna regret having said that now!

If you see a tubby bearded man yelling about unrequited man-love at Riccardo Montolivo, that'll be me.

He's been raised as a Spurs fan for the last 9 years, so he's used to handling defeat. ;(

It should be a very good test for Spurs, I'm hoping for a strong team from both sides and the players make a strong case for a starting position against City. Kyle Walker and Giovani in particular have looked very good to me in recent games. Hopefully they'll be in and around the first XI this season.

Are you a bit of a Fiorentina fan, or are you going specifically to see Montolivo? Wasn't he strongly linked to Arsenal a while ago?

Viola fan since the early 90's, rarely get the chance to see them though so I was quite chuffed when my Spuds-following boss got spare tickets. I even missed their match against Villa last season as I was out the feckin' country. :bang: Never been down to White Hart Lane either, so it should be a good laugh. :thumb:

Montolivo's been linked with Arsenal and Wolfsburg, but not seriously (hopefully!).

I used to be a big Fiorentina fan back in the days when Rui Costa was there! What a legend!

As for Spurs 2 top flight league titles, no european cup and lot's of talk :hooray:

Fiorentina have 2 top flight league titles, no European Cup, no UEFA Cup and fewer domestic cup wins so that makes them historically less successful than Spurs, genius.

Your ridiculous need to constantly bring up the past in every single post you make is, quite frankly, pathetic. Why don't you spend more time in the present like a normal person?

And out of curiosity, how many of Villa's league and cup wins were you actually alive to witness? I'm just interested because you take an overblown sense of pride and accomplishment from it, so you surely must've been there to witness it all first hand.

Haha do you remember two seasons ago when Spurs were tearing it up in preseason under Ramos? Dos Santos got 5 assists or something against Leyton Orient? Glaston was being all cockney wideboy about how Ramos and Spurs were going places? Good times :D

And then two years later they broke into the top four? Good times.

I think I missed that.

Anyway, you should have been on here that preseason. It was actually pretty hilarious how quickly Glaston disappeared off the radar once the season proper started.

.... out of curiosity, how many of Villa's league and cup wins were you actually alive to witness? ...

The vast majority of these occurred prior to WWI, with the bulk occurring in the Victorian era when the league was tiny. So the answer to your question is probably "not many".

The vast majority of these occurred prior to WWI, with the bulk occurring in the Victorian era when the league was tiny. So the answer to your question is probably "not many".

Still more than if he was a spurs fan, unless he is in his 50's

Glaston if spurs had won quite a few titles before 1950 would you say they were meaningless?

I have seen some of your post when you compare the achievements of both spurs and villa and you seem to be very selective in how you dismiss what villa have won but do not seem to put the same level of scrutiny to what spurs have won.

This thread is making me rage to be honest. Theres lots of 'bragging' on both sides of the table here but at the end of the day what does it matter what a club HAS achieved or what a club WILL achieve?

None of us lot have had one iota of imput into what goes on at our clubs success both current and past. Get the **** over yourselves. Unless you were part of the team or club at any point in history then you cannot claim anything. We're just supporters thick enough line the back pockets of these posh primadonnas and invest up £1000 (Season tickets, shirts etc) in a club that we basically get nothing back from except a seat to watch 22 men play football.

STOP THE BRAGGING - its like 'my dads bigger than your dad'... **** hell.

I hate football fans.

This thread is making me rage to be honest. Theres lots of 'bragging' on both sides of the table here but at the end of the day what does it matter what a club HAS achieved or what a club WILL achieve?

None of us lot have had one iota of imput into what goes on at our clubs success both current and past. Get the **** over yourselves. Unless you were part of the team or club at any point in history then you cannot claim anything. We're just supporters thick enough line the back pockets of these posh primadonnas and invest up £1000 (Season tickets, shirts etc) in a club that we basically get nothing back from except a seat to watch 22 men play football.

I hate football fans.

Never mind football fans, I'm beginning to dislike football.

I hate football fans.

Yep, it is daft.

Glaston if spurs had won quite a few titles before 1950 would you say they were meaningless?

I have seen some of your post when you compare the achievements of both spurs and villa and you seem to be very selective in how you dismiss what villa have won but do not seem to put the same level of scrutiny to what spurs have won.

There's a big difference between pre-1950s and pre-WWI/the Victorian era.

In any case I haven't dismissed what Villa won in the Victorian era - I've simply put it into its proper context, namely a small league structure in which the vast majority of today's clubs weren't even playing for the most part.

I hate football fans.

Yeah, but my dad is pretty big, there is no point being coy about it.

AND SHE **** CARRIES ON WITH THE SHIT!

:bang:

You're just angry because you have no penis..

.. Moaning on a Villa forum in the "Other Football" section about Football fans and how we're worthless.. HA

.. Moaning on a Villa forum in the "Other Football" section about Football fans and how we're worthless.. HA

Didnt once say worthless but oh well..when has that ever mattered on here?

Im saying, we as fans have absolutely no effect on the outcome of a football match except in exceptional circumstances. We as individual fans have never won anything past, present or future, so why is there always this 'retarded' argument on who is the best team?

Its pointless beyond being pointless..until football stops and we have a trophy count, there will never be a 'best team'..

I mean some of the arugments on this thread about pre-season football matches is literally toe-curlingly embarrassing..

I enjoy going to the villa, but im not going to get arsey because another team beat 'us'. I go for the entertainment of seeing the 'best' players play football..

In my opinion theres nothing better then watching the kids come through and make an impression in the first team, because hopefully they're local lads and then they will be doing what most of the readers on this forum dreamt about doing as kids, playing in front of thousands, making thousands happy and earning a bit of money. I also like watching people who have wonderful ability, you know, people like Ronaldo, Henry, Figo, Morientes (one of my faves for some reason), Torres, Drogba, Crespo, Giggs, Keane, Beckham, Shearer, Gazza, Messi, Ronaldinho, Kaka, Diego, Eto, Milito and many others who I have been lucky enough to watch over the last 10 years both at villa and other grounds. Hell I was the only buggar clapping Hugo Rodegella (sp?) when he scored that screamer AGAINST us on the opening day of the season, because it was wonderful! Its what I pay for.

I dont care what other teams have done or are doing. My eyes are only on Aston Villa - if we're not successful, so be it, but i'll still go and watch them because i've invested in them emotionally - the same as every single other football fan.

Fiorentina have 2 top flight league titles, no European Cup, no UEFA Cup and fewer domestic cup wins so that makes them historically less successful than Spurs, genius.

On the plus side we can pull purple off without looking overtly homo, unlike Austria Vienna. :lol:

Â