Spurs - Arry's gone but we still dislike them...

Jondaken

I don't really get the hate in this thread

Me neither. I guess everyone loves to hate a club, especially when our biggest rivals spend most of the time in a lower league then us. I remember all the West Ham hate on here a couple of years ago when they survived on the last day of the season. People absolutely gutted that they stayed up, now that's all been forgotten and Spurs are the side to hate.

Incidentally what do people have against Jamie Redknapp? He seems like a decent guy from watching super sunday and a League of their Own, it's not his fault who his Dad is.

• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me neither. I guess everyone loves to hate a club, especially when our biggest rivals spend most of the time in a lower league then us. I remember all the West Ham hate on here a couple of years ago when they survived on the last day of the season. People absolutely gutted that they stayed up, now that's all been forgotten and Spurs are the side to hate.

Not quite true, I still hate them and hope they are relegated this season as some sort of justice but anyway...

Incidentally what do people have against Jamie Redknapp? He seems like a decent guy from watching super sunday and a League of their Own, it's not his fault who his Dad is.

No you are right his relation to Frank Lampard Snr shouldn't really come into it.

No you are right his relation to Frank Lampard Snr shouldn't really come into it.

Huh?! Are you aware what you just typed?

The facts show that from that point onwards Spurs have won 16 trophies compared to 11 for Villa. They also show that Spurs have won double the amount of trophies compared to Villa in the last 50 years. Yes, that Villa trophy haul includes a European Cup Winners trophy, but that falls way short of outweighing three European trophies for Spurs and four additional FA Cups compared to Villa since the start of head-to-head competition between the two clubs.

For starters, it's ridiculous to discount trophies won by other teams. If you'd taken an average, fair enough, but to discredit completely? Ridiculous.

I've just taken a look on Spurs wiki page under the 'Seasons' section, which records how you've done in every competition since your formation.

Your first participation in any competition was the FA Cup in 1896/97. Villa have won 5 FA Cups since this date.

Your first participation in the Football League system was in 1908/09. We've won the league twice since then.

We've won the League Cup 5 times, the European Cup, The InterToto Cup twice and the European Super Cup.

So I have absoloutely no idea where this number 11 comes from. We've actually won equal (16). I'm sure you'll come out with the 'InterToto is crap' rubbish, but it doesn't hold water. We could easily come back with the arguement than winning the UEFA Cup is like winning the 2nd division, it's not the top prize.

Having won equal number of trophies does not tell the whole story though. You have to factor a few things:

Like I said before, The European Cup is the trophy to win in World (at least European) football. So you have nothing that compares to this. The primary national competition is quite obviously the league and we've not only won it more times than you, but we've also been runer-up more times, we've qualified for Europea via the league more times. It doesn't matter how far you go back or what requirements you set, we out-do you in every possible way, in the league.

So even if we do discredit other trophies we won (which is laughable), we certainly aren't worse than you in terms of trophy count, and our trophy haul is worth far more than yours.

What makes the arguement all the more annoying, Glaston, is that in your trophy count of 16 for Spurs, you counted an FA Cup which was won before 1908, yet you were nullifying anything won by Villa before this date, shocking.

Sorry to those that find this boring to go on.

Yes.

you dont live in london like i do and all the ones i know are deluded heres an example

villa get to wembley and spurs fans say to me wembleys over-rated been there done that so it doesnt matter

a mere few weeks later the same spurs fans are writing on their fb status we are going to wembley woohoo! mugs

you dont live in london like i do and all the ones i know are deluded heres an example

villa get to wembley and spurs fans say to me wembleys over-rated been there done that so it doesnt matter

a mere few weeks later the same spurs fans are writing on their fb status we are going to wembley woohoo! mugs

Haha i don't live in London but know a few spurs fans from uni and exactly the same thing as this!

How do you manage to survive living in a place where people big up the football team they support? Having to endure a bit of football based banter is totally unacceptable in this day and age and something needs to be done. Next I bet those Spurs fans will be telling you to lighten up and not take things so seriously or to stop looking for pathetic reason to justify your prejudices. They'll probaby go as far as to suggest you lack a sense of humour. They clearly are a bunch of mugs.

How do you manage to survive living in a place where people big up the football team they support? Having to endure a bit of football based banter is totally unacceptable in this day and age and something needs to be done. Next I bet those Spurs fans will be telling you to lighten up and not take things so seriously or to stop looking for pathetic reason to justify your prejudices. They'll probaby go as far as to suggest you lack a sense of humour. They clearly are a bunch of mugs.

So when Spurs fans are bias to their side its a "bit of football based banter" and the norm.

Yet when Villa fans express what you believe to be such bias and on their own site nonetheless you and other Spurs fans are up in arms.

Interesting. Oh and then you dispense the advice that Villa fans should "lighten up and not take things so seriously" I'm almost choking on the irony.

So when Spurs fans are bias to their side its a "bit of football based banter" and the norm.

Yet when Villa fans express what you believe to be such bias and on their own site nonetheless you and other Spurs fans are up in arms.

Interesting. Oh and then you dispense the advice that Villa fans should "lighten up and not take things so seriously" I'm almost choking on the irony.

You seem to miss the point. It's the hypocracy that I've always alluded to in this thread, not the banter. The exact things that the posters in this thread are claiming to dislike Spurs fans for, they do themselves. I've not shown any disproval to all the "we've won more than you" banter. It's when posters start using this banter as an excuse to display real vitriol that I have a problem. The arguments involving Galston are a typical examples of what i'm talking about. You end with peope saying they just wish he'd **** etc, when really he's not doing anything different to those he is arguing with.

The point you are missing though and you may not have been around long enough to realise this but nobody and I do mean nobody was making these comparisons before Glaston's time on here. They are a direct result of his posts on here nothing else, you seem to be under the impression he turned up on here to right the wrong's which is very wide of the mark.

In fact the very reason we have a Spurs thread in the first place is that largelly as a result of Glaston's postings on here Spurs and the subject of Spurs was talking countless threads off topic. The main reason Spurs are so heavily discussed on this site is Glaston himself.

I don't agree with some of the vitriol directed at Glaston and I remove much of it however perhaps you should ask yourself the question why the various posters we have on this site from clubs like Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton don't evoke the same sort of reactions before being so quick to point the finger at Villa fans and conduct your very own little kangaroo court.

The point you are missing though and you may not have been around long enough to realise this but nobody and I do mean nobody was making these comparisons before Glaston's time on here. They are a direct result of his posts on here nothing else, you seem to be under the impression he turned up on here to right the wrong's which is very wide of the mark.

In fact the very reason we have a Spurs thread in the first place is that largelly as a result of Glaston's postings on here Spurs and the subject of Spurs was talking countless threads off topic. The main reason Spurs are so heavily discussed on this site is Glaston himself.

I don't agree with some of the vitriol directed at Glaston and I remove much of it however perhaps you should ask yourself the question why the various posters we have on this site from clubs like Newcastle, Arsenal, Liverpool and Everton don't evoke the same sort of reactions before being so quick to point the finger at Villa fans and conduct your very own little kangaroo court.

I point my finger at some posters in this thread and not at Villa fans in general. I've said myself that Glaston would do better not to take the bait. Butmany of you have already admitted a ahtretd of Psurs, so it's only natural the a SPurs fan like Galston would want to correct or challenge soem of the negative views presented. I'm sure some Villa fans would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot. My point is and has been consistently throughout this thread, that it's hypocritical to justify anger at a poster or group of fans for doing the exact same things they themselves do. Reading through this thread don't you think I've got a point. Take Brumstopdogs for example. If you read his posts, doesn't he come across in a way that would be seen as typical of the Spurs fans many of you seem to hate?

I point my finger at some posters in this thread and not at Villa fans in general. I've said myself that Glaston would do better not to take the bait. Butmany of you have already admitted a ahtretd of Psurs, so it's only natural the a SPurs fan like Galston would want to correct or challenge soem of the negative views presented. I'm sure some Villa fans would do the same if the shoe was on the other foot.

Once again, this thread is the direct result of Glaston's postings, he did not arrive on here to defend the honour of his club.

I would suggest that the feelings of dislike towards Spurs have either been caused or enhanced by his postings.

I repeat the previous point I made the postings of the likes of PVP, Artetasgirl, Bear etc who all support other sides aren't greeted in the same way. I'm sorry to say that you and other Spurs fans have been tarred with the same brush as a result of Glaston's posts.

As I said previously you haven't been around long enough to understand why some react to his posts the way they do.

My point is and has been consistently throughout this thread, that it's hypocritical to justify anger at a poster or group of fans for doing the exact same things they themselves do.

Perhaps but you seem to ignore the fact this is a Villa site not a general football site and so to an extent will always be bias as will be the views of some or all of the members.

I'm a member of other clubs sites and I don't expect them to view all things Villa related in the same way as a Villa fan to do so would be foolish. I also don't trot out endless facts and figures (selectively picked) in order to try and show them all how right I am and wrong they are.

Reading through this thread don't you think I've got a point. Take Brumstopdogs for example. If you read his posts, doesn't he come across in a way that would be seen as typical of the Spurs fans many of you seem to hate?

Once again, this is a villa site, the clue is in the name. I'm not aware of the poster you mention especially and I'm not going to get into a debate about other posters or their styles or views.

Now can we please get this topic back to the subject of Spurs and not individual posters.

Yes.

Oh. :? Then what did you mean?

Yes, I've never got the hate for J.Redknapp.

He's a ridiculous pundit.

1. He can't speak properly.

2. He's biased to far too many teams, Spurs, Liverpool, Chelsea, Portsmouth.

3. He licks arse of any English player or manager.

4. He goes on like no other leagues exist in the world.

5. He gets basic facts wrong.

6. His trousers are too tight.

Â