Been to Jamaica - Places to stay on a budget?

b23avfc

I went last December, Dunn's river falls is probably the most famous attraction on the island

94164509_7835b5db91.jpg

There is also a dolphin, shark and sting ray park place right opposite it also, worth a visit for half a day (you know how women love to swin with the dolphins).

I went there when I was younger. Loved it. I'm a massive Bob Marley fan so it was like heaven for me!

Anyway, Dunn's River Falls was brilliant but I had the problem of the 'safety precaution' that they had to take meaning that everyone climbing up had to hold hands. Unfortunately, I had two huge black American women behind me (bear in mind I was a skinny 13-or-so-year-old) and didn't find it safe at all when I kept getting dragged down as they slipped or tried to use my arm to pull them up!

As for cheap places to stay, I'm not sure. We just stopped in Montego Bay, which wasn't cheap but obviously at that age it wasn't me who wasn't paying for it.

be carefull

the locals not all but the majority are always looking for a easy victim, a friend of mine went there to visit friends and he couldnt wait to return

do not wander into unknown suburbs as there will be muggers waiting tp pounce

be carefull

the locals not all but the majority are always looking for a easy victim, a friend of mine went there to visit friends and he couldnt wait to return

do not wander into unknown suburbs as there will be muggers waiting tp pounce

THis is true but it is also valid for places like Birmingham, London, Liverpool etc. There will always be dodgy area's of all major towns and cities. Just use the same common sense you would do here.

I like reggae, I like it alot but it is lierally 24/7 everywhere you go. We had a radio in our room, I scanned though every band and every single station was playing reggae (about 70% of the time its Bob)!!

My grandad went before me and said that the locals were horrible; always aggressive and he saw them fighting with machetes etc.

I personally found the locals generally extremely friendly. Yes, there are people after an easy victim, but this applies to most places with a high level of tourism. Jamaicans, to me, were just as laid back and cool as I expected.

• 1 month later...

The dolphins and dunns river are the best bits

the locals can be aggressive if you stop near the souvenir tat

pre book the dolphins though as it can get busy

oh and if you do the dolphins have your camera ready on the drive in for the "warning , dolphins crossing" sign and get a decent shot and facebook it to me as mine was blurred

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

it can be a rough place so just be careful

if you take a lot of camera equipment and walk around the streets with it , be prepared to lose it

and don't forget my dolphins crossing photo :-)

• 10 months later...
Â