Milk, Milk, Lemonade, Round The Corner...

Santa_Rosa

Milk, Milk, Lemonade, Round The Corner...  

84 members have voted

1. 1. Milk, Milk, Lemonade, Round The Corner...

• Chocolate's Made
    • Chocolate Cake

Well I have never actually heard the rhyme but only one of those answers actually rhymes.

Maybe if you stretch out the vowels in a northern accent you can make lemonade rhyme with cake?

One thing I find funny is how the Villa fans with brummie accents have made Agbonglahor rhyme with "he's fast as ****" due to the accent. Even funnier when there is a perfectly acceptable "he's bound to score" which would have actually rhymed...

Well I have never actually heard the rhyme but only one of those answers actually rhymes.

Maybe if you stretch out the vowels in a northern accent you can make lemonade rhyme with cake?

One thing I find funny is how the Villa fans with brummie accents have made Agbonglahor rhyme with "he's fast as ****" due to the accent. Even funnier when there is a perfectly acceptable "he's bound to score" which would have actually rhymed...

Try as I might with my best (lapsed) Brummie accent, I can't make "Agbonlahor" rhyme with "****".

As for "bound to score", well he isn't is he? Whereas he IS, indisputably [1], fast as ****. Or Tony Daley.

[1] How fast IS ****, anyway? [2]

[2] Cue sarcastic comment from my missus if she was on here.

Quite clearly it's chocolate's made. Chocolate cake doesn't rhyme, surely that's the whole point?

They all ran up to the farmer's wife,

who cut off their tails with a pair of scissors....

Doesn't really work.

Try as I might with my best (lapsed) Brummie accent, I can't make "Agbonlahor" rhyme with "****".

As for "bound to score", well he isn't is he? Whereas he IS, indisputably [1], fast as ****. Or Tony Daley.

[1] How fast IS ****, anyway? [2]

[2] Cue sarcastic comment from my missus if she was on here.

Chameleon doesn't rhyme with come and go either.

That's not a rhyme. Milk milk lemonade is a rhyme.

Maybe the cake variation is a northern thing then. Although there are many up here in the 'made' camp, there are just as many who insist on 'cake'. I think this unanimous poll should put them right.

There's just a chance "chocolate cake" will make a late rally and come in on the rails.

I once knew a lad from Erith (or was it Belvedere) who looked pretty startled when we told him it wasn't:

Little Miss Muffett

Sat on a tuffet

Eating her kerb away

Don't think we've ever had a unanimous poll before. I've never seen one anyway. But here we are.

Seems your mate is wrong.

I was just going to post that. Even if you had a poll that said "would you rather shag Angelina Jolie or eat your own liver with a rusty spoon?" some wag would always go for the least likely option. 35 - nil, that's got to be an internet record.

Just asked a friend, and his reply was "fudge is made". A google search for "milk milk lemonade around the corner" returns fudge as the top few results as well. What is wrong with people that they'd say fudge? Everyone knows it's chocolate!

Â