World of Warcraft

The_Rev

wowscrnshot070507175139zv2.th.jpg

Naysons reign of terror in the forest continues. Love the fact that this Warlock reached the point where he had 0 mana, 400 hitpoints and was reduced to emoting me before i hit him over the head with my stick to kill him :mrgreen:

Well, enjoyed Gruul's Lair last night. I like the fact that it's similar to Onyxia in that there's hardly any trash. The BWL trash used to do my head in to be honest. Soon got back into the swing of raid healing as well.

Cool.

Tried a few runs with Mort tanking on his Pally, Believer last night. Shattered Halls (normal) was absolutely laughable. He was literally throwing his Avengers Shield at the packs of six and seven elites, dropping consecration and allowing two mages and a Warlock to AOE everything down. The second run when Tarjei (the other one) realised that he could use his 21 and 41 talent point AOE's to increase his DPS significantly didnt tanke much more than half an hour.

We didnt do so well on a Heroic Slave Pens though. He only had 10k hitpoints with Blood Pact, and we didnt really have the crowd control for multiple pulls, but i think neither of those problems were related to the fact that Pallys cant tank, because they clearly can with the right gear.

Old School ganking for half an hour with Riss last night in STV. Great fun!

Also joined a 5v5 which consists of me and four Dashers (good bunch of lads!) and despite mixed results had a good time.

Just need to find a decent 3v3 now and I'll have the set.

but i think neither of those problems were related to the fact that Pallys cant tank, because they clearly can with the right gear

I grouped with a quite good one a couple of weeks ago. He had 13 k hp more or less with fort, and tanked heroic SV without problems.

I dont think anyone really mean Paladins cant tank. Like all classes and specs you need spesific gear to do spesific jobs.

Anyway, the main problem with Paladins IMO is that they dont regain aggro. They tank very well while beeing hit, but when aggro is lost he is ****. Unless ive missed something.

And i do believe speccing Prot is idiotic when you have your holy tree.

Well I'd better spec back then, can't have a day or so without being Holy, THE WORLD WILL END.

Id disagree. One of our biggest problems in getting full Villa lads 5 man runs is down to lack of tanks, not healers.

If Dan can get some good tanking gear we can go pretty much self contained in 5 man terms, which could be a good laugh.

Yep. But we only need him as a healer in raids. If he fancy stacking 2 if not 3 types of gear, while respec each raid. Be my guest.

Got some decent gear, I'm not sure I can handle heroics yet tho, but 5 mans should work, just need to test out how much threat I gain so one of you needs to nuke a mob while I tank it.

Â