World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Not sure. Me and Dan got a bit further the other night. We cleared the room we wiped in, then the rest of the room we were about to enter.

From there its up the stairs to another load of warlocks with doomguards. Then Blizzard closed the server down.

What i think happens after that is that we get to the top of the steps. Kill an ogre who is at the top of the stairs, get his drop, Kill another boss who comes down, run back down to where that little guy is with the quest, get him to make the Ogre suit, run back up the stairs, use the Ogre suit on the last guard (so we dont have to fight him, like the guards we dodged and trapped) I think the person with the ingredients for the suit needs to pick up the Ogre drop as its BOP. I have the ingredients. From there its the endboss. The lads me and Dan did it with reckon the room where the wipes tend to happen is 30 mins or so from the end.

Inside the Inner Instance

Head in and clear the mobs, including some bugs which need a little AoE lesson. You come to a room where you can see a Broken Ice Trap, hang back for a bit. A “Guard Boss” will patrol this area; he will walk right over the Broken Ice Trap. You will need to pull the mobs that a by the fire and pull them far back so they do not get the “Guard Boss” on you as well, if this bit goes well it is all down hill from here (Apart form the King).

When the “Guard Boss” walks away quickly fix the Trap with 1 Frost Oil & 1 Thorium Widget. Then move back and wait for the idiot of an Ogre to activate the trap. He will now be like that for the remainder of the instance.

The Goblin by the Fire can make you a Gordok Ogre Suit if you have all the bits, more often than not you will still need the Ogre Tannin.

Kill the mobs you can see around you, and head round to the ramp which leads to the next level. You will need to clear this level of all mobs, which is only a couple of groups. Once you have done that heal up and rebuff, as when you loot the Ogre Tannin (BoP) a semi-boss will come down, he is not hard as long as you have rested.

Whoever has the 4 Bolt of Runecloth, 8 Rugged Leather, 1 Ogre Tannin & 2 Rune Thread can head back to the Goblin and make the Gordok Ogre Suit. I would recommend that you all go down in case one of the eyes’ turns up. Once you have it head up and clear all the mobs away from the Door area.

Kings Area

Head through the door and clear the mobs until you reach the “Captain Boss”. At this point use the Gordok Ogre Suit and have a little chat with him, he will run back the way you came, so be out of the way when you start to talk (I am unsure if you can aggro him, but better to be safe than … … … dead). Also do not waist the opportunity to see an Ogre dance, whoever has the suit on should try a few emotes’ as they can be quite funny.

OK almost there. Head on to where you can see some mobs, basically clear them all, as you may need this room to fight the boss. The dogs can all be aggro’ed at the same time and then AoE’ed.

Boss Fight

You want to keep his add alive as this will improve the Tribute loot, however he will heal the king, so if you can Ice-Trap the add, or Pull them away from each other it helps. The King can hit very hard so keep him on the tank. This should not be a big problem, but having a Lock with SS will help. If all goes well you will not have the Boss to loot and the Gordok Tribute

So, the less you kill, the more you gain from the treasure chest at the end. Kill the bosses on the way in, they drop greens. Dodge them, they put blues in the chest. Seems that the kings add might be a problem. I think if we go in and get to him, ill see what i can do with crowd control. Fear if its safe, seduce if Fear is unsafe to use. Maybe even have the Voidwalker offtank him to keep him tied up without being killed. Everyone else can kick the **** out of the king. Apparently when you know what you are doing and have the place on "farm status" you can clear it in 45 minutes.

Found this too.

Once the King is dead, Mizzle the Crafty comes. Do not loot the King until you are king and you know what is in the Tribute. If you loot before you look is the Tribute, chances are pretty high someone in your group will get left out from what they want. Review all the loot before you roll on them. Make sure all your members become king. I’ve seen it happen so many times that first time players will not get the king buff and will walk up to Fengus for a buff and get destroyed.

Things to do after you are King (It’s good to be king!):

Get the Ogre Tannin (optional and only if your group skipped this during the run…you will not aggro the Gordok Bushwhacker. He is friendly to the King).

Get the buff from Guard Slip’Kik (Slip’Kik’s Sauve).

Get the buff from Guard Fengus (Fengus’s Ferocity).

Get the buff from Guard Mol’Dar (Mol’Dar Moxie).

Get the free booze of Stomper Kreeg (or buy them because they give you fantastic buffs and get you drunk to boot!).

Get the quest from Captain Kromcursh (The quest is called Unfinished Gordok Business – you must kill the Prince…you can do it along with The Madness Within).

Grab the warpwood pods (free Thornling Seeds which when used will grow and draw aggro from any mob or free tuber roots that restore health when seated).

Go to the DM Library and repair and buy stuff from the vendors. Mage water quest and a few other quests may be gained there.

Look around for any dusty tomes (locations are: by Cho’rush, under the ramp going up to Gordok Seat, and in the corner by bugs at the instance entrance).

I think we should keep trying the Tribute. The drops are great. Link

Damn i want that Staff and Crown.

Would be a nice place to have on Farm Status i think.

Does anyone ever read the realm forum?

Some of the stuff on there is quite funny. A whine about some bloke from my guild for example:

Eleri Level 50 Human Warrior

Guild: Northwind Gale

Realm: Deathwing

1. Precious/Precious Junoirs :( | 2/5/2006 5:42:57 AM PST

Djaller, a level ?? mage from was persistantly ganking me in the Western Plaguelands, when I am an honourless target to him. I then went to Lakeshire to assist my friend and a priest called Sachina from killed me and futher attempted to kill me.

I'd like an apology from the players/guild about why they/their members are killing players which do not pose a threat to them, purely for the fun of it.

The only ?? when you are 50, is level 60.

When you are 60, 50 is a HK (anything down to 48 is HK. And fair game. Especially as they drop soulshards when you kill em)

So complaining about being killed by someone from the other side, on a PvP game, in a contested area, while you are an honourable kill?

And i thought i was a whinging bastard.

Yeah I read that at work earlier! Awwwww!

I can understand poeple getting a bit pisse off when groups camp Instance entrances, but being killed once or twice? How has he got to 50 with it only happening the once?!

Anyway had a good UBRS run tonight. Vest of Elements FINALLY dropped! Only thing is I have to drop my Blue Dragonscale chest, thus losing the +28 to spells from having the set of those, in return for +50 armor. So I need 2 more elements pieces so I can have the 5 piece bonus which is ace.

Still havent done Warlords command.

Got to Wyrms room again, kept both adds in the Wyrm fight feared. Somehow Warrior, Shamie and Priest got themselves killed by Wyrm, leaving a very low on mana Warlock and Dan to take on Wyrm and the two adds.

We managed to kill Wyrm (i managed the glory hogging killing blow, despite Dan doing 90% of the work on Wyrm. I felt like the Americans after the second world war for a moment.)

Still, Trindlehaven Staff dropped, and the priest lost the roll on it again. I go home with something to show for my efforts after two completely fruitless runs last night.

Gonna farm for the ingredients to get a spellpower enchant now.

Reagents

Large Brilliant Shard x4

Greater Eternal Essence x12

Essence of Fire x4

Essence of Wate rx4

Essence of Air x4

Golden Pearl x2

Thats really annoying. I can farm Voone all night long it takes 15 minutes to reach him if you use the short cut. His gem will be a piece of piss. Wyrm takes 2 hours to reach and rarely drops the gem, so when he drops it, and I've been told I'm the only one in the group who needs it, I'm quite happy, I never have to see him again. Until the bastard priest outrolls me, all of a sudden he needs it. The worst part is he was a shit priest anyway and it was me and nayson that ended up downing Wyrm, I took out the last 20 odd percent of his HP while he chased Nayson and looted a second before I died.

Wyrm is such a pain in the arse to get too, and when you do he rarely drops the gem, and when he drops it theres always another word removed that needs it.

That crown from Tribute is very good, even though mages think its their by right. And the Rod Of Ogre Magi has to be the best staff dropped outside ZG/MC/BWL or any exalted status at BG...now thats a nice staff.

Wyrmy's dropped his gem the last 4 times I've been in LBRS! Sounds like you were with a bunch of noobs if they were wiped out by Wyrmy, he really should be just about dead by the time the adds show up. The last time I died in LBRS was trying the Urok quest, it's just too hard, think it needs to be done as a raid maybe.

Like i said Riss, i havent got a clue how they managed to die.

Fight started, i have a couple of seconds, so i drop all three of my dots on Wyrm, then i forget all about him and wait for the adds. See them coming. Send the Voidwalker in to offtank one, fear the other > fear the one being offtanked > fear the first one again > fear the one that had been offtanked again > fear the first one again. I just did that constantly, so it was four on Wyrm. Noticed priest dead. Warrior dead. Shaman dead. Dan having a one on one against Wyrm, so i started attacking Wyrm between the fears. When Wyrm was almost dead, i thought it better to try and nail him before we wipe.

So me and Dan vs two level 60 elite adds, and a boss. We did well to kill Wyrm i thought. At least we got some loot out of him.

Im going to keep doing Warlords until i get it done. Need Voone and Omokk now. Wyrm and Doccuments i did last week. Need that Onixya key. Im in a guild that is Onixya active (and successful)

That crown from Tribute is very good, even though mages think its their by right. And the Rod Of Ogre Magi has to be the best staff dropped outside ZG/MC/BWL or any exalted status at BG...now thats a nice staff.

Thats why we wont be taking Mages in Tarj!

If we 5 man it, id say the staff is a fair roll between me and you, as is the crown.

If we get the place on farm status (and i dont see why we cant within a couple of weeks) then there is some real nice stuff up there. Probably the best loot outside of Raids where you are losing stuff to the 39 other people who have more DKP than you.

Tanks cloak

Redoubt Cloak

Binds when picked up

Back Cloth

45 Armor

+15 Stamina

Requires Level 58

Passive: Increased Defense +7.

Tank/Shamie shield

Barrier Shield

Binds when picked up

Off Hand (Shield) Shield

2121 Armor

39 Block

Requires Level 57

Passive: Increases your chance to block attacks with a shield by 2%.

Passive: Increases the block value of your shield by 18.

Rogue ring

Tarnished Elven Ring

Binds when picked up

Finger Miscellaneous

+15 Agility

Requires Level 56

Passive: Improves your chance to hit by 1%.

Droo0oo0iOid shoulders.

Cyclone Spaulders

Binds when picked up

Shoulder Leather

129 Armor

+11 Intellect

+9 Spirit

+11 Stamina

Requires Level 56

Passive: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 14.

Warriors belt

Elemental Plate Girdle of ...

Binds when picked up

Waist Plate

358 Armor

+17 Strength

+10 Stamina

Requires Level 56

Hunters Chest

Ogre Forged Hauberk

Binds when picked up

Chest Mail

365 Armor

+20 Agility

+13 Stamina

+8 Intellect

+8 Strength

Requires Level 57

Passive: Improves your chance to get a critical strike by 1%.

Druids seem to be calling dibs on this

Unyielding Maul

Binds when picked up

Two-Hand Two-Hand Mace

250 Armor

135 - 204 Damage Speed 3.20

(53.0 damage per second)

+12 Stamina

Requires Level 57

Passive: Increased Defense +8.

Priests Robe (though its nice for Mage/Lock too, id say healers first for the regen)

Mindsurge Robe

Binds when picked up

Chest(Robe) Cloth

88 Armor

+13 Intellect

+12 Stamina

Requires Level 57

Passive: Restores 10 mana per 5 sec.

yet more plate

Gordok Bracers of Power

Binds when picked up

Wrist Plate

287 Armor

+17 Strength

+7 Stamina

Requires Level 58

When the Locks best stave is still his level 50 one and the Priest has the Whiteout staff (which the Lock paid for) then this is a Locks staff ;)

Rod of the Ogre Magi

Binds when picked up

Two-Hand Staff

116 - 175 Damage Speed 2.70

(53.9 damage per second)

+14 Intellect

+11 Stamina

+7 Spirit

Requires Level 58

Passive: Improves your chance to get a critical strike with spells by 1%.

Passive: Increases damage and healing done by magical spells and effects by up to 23.

(if i had that, id definately put a spellpower enchant on it, and that would last me for ages. I wouldnt need to spend DKP on any staff, so i can improve armour in Raids)

Melee classes trinket

Counterattack Lodestone

Binds when picked up

Trinket Miscellaneous

Requires Level 58

Passive: Increases your chance to parry an attack by 1%.

Passive: +22 Attack Power.

Thats just the shit in the chest if you do it properly. I think 3-5 blues drop every time in the chest. Then you have to consider what the King drops when you kill him too: Link

You see a fair few shammies with that staff Nays.......!

I use my Staff of the Ninja all the time in UBRS now. The last two runs in there I've been back up healer to the priest, so the extra +int is much more useful than armor from a shield. Plus when I'm OOM I can run in and do much more DPS to finish mobs off. Last night I was even wearing some clothie shite with +healing on! Oh the shame!

That Staff is casters first Riss. It really is the best thing a caster can have outside of epics (and its better than a lot of epics out there for a 100% caster)

While it might be nice for Shamie/Druid, there are better things out there for both classes. Shamies can have some kickass 1h/shield combos, ****, Shamies can even equip an Aracnite Reaper! For cloth wearers, its not like that. There are so few things we can equip (for me, its cloth armour, staves, daggers, 1h swords and offhand "misc" stuff) whereas most other classes can equip two/three/four types of armour, and shitloads of weapons. I mean, look at the Hunter, similar to me in that he is a ranged damage dealer with a pet. Hunter can use: Axes, Daggers, Guns or Bows, Crossbows (with training), Fist Weapons (with training), Spears (with training), Staves (with training), Swords (with training), Thrown (with training), Two-Handed Axes (with training), Two-Handed Swords (with training) Shit, thats pretty much every weapon on the game. So many things to chose from. Me, its Staves, or a Sword/Dagger and Offhand combo. And Casters swords/daggers are rarer than rocking horse shit! Staves are the lifeblood of the caster. Most others just roll on them until something better comes along.

How about we agree a time to do LBRS then? As opposed to coming on and different times and doing other instances, then finally getting together back at orgri at 12am when Tarj wants to go to bed....With us 4, all we need is a Tank, as Nayson showed yesterday we don't need a Mage. Plus, I know none of you are going to roll on my gems. Or we could do Tribute...The only thing from there that appeals to me is an agi ring, with a 1% chance to hit, it will do me.

I agree Dan, let's set a time for LBRS. A bit later on in the evening is better for me.

Will you help me try and kill Urokk? It's just at the top of the slope where the ogres are after the spiders. There's a good chance the Elements boots will drop there. It's pretty hard but I'm going to check the web for some tactics.

And Nays I CAN'T use 2h axes or maces (including Arcanite reaper!) swords, any ranged weapons at all, polearms, wands, fist weapons or thrown weapons either!

Your class has the option though riss, which is why you find casters getting a bit posessive over stuff they can equip.

Our itemisation is really really shit as it is. We reserve the right to be completely unreasonable greedy **** when it comes to staves.

Anyway: note to self

Head

Crimson Felt Hat

http://thottbot.com/?i=37196 got!

Chest

Dreadmist Robe

http://thottbot.com/?i=17053 got!

Legs

Skyshroud Leggings

http://thottbot.com/?i=10547

Feet

Dreadmist Sandals

http://thottbot.com/?i=15798 got!

Shoulders

Deadwalker Mantle

http://thottbot.com/?i=21306 got!

Hands

Felcloth Gloves

http://thottbot.com/?i=36324

Bracers

Sublime Wristguard

http://thottbot.com/?i=35879

Belt

Thuzadin Sash

http://thottbot.com/?i=37193 got!

Feet

Maleki's Footwraps

http://thottbot.com/?i=37222 got!

Chest

Robe of Everlasting Night

http://thottbot.com/?i=35746

Staff

Rod of the Ogre Magi

http://www.thottbot.com/?i=35933

That's the problems Shammies have. At end game, we're expected to not have any melee enhancements, but to be casters and off healers. I can guarantee that most shammies at L60 will be 30/0/21, ie we do more than our fair share of healing.

Because of this we lose the ability to equip 2H axes and maces. I COULD have this, but then my chances of getting invites to ZG would be small, and MC non existent when I'm at that level.

Yesterday in UBRS in a 15 man we had one priest. I basically healed almost as much as he did (And no, not wasteful heals after he'd just healed) and I kept him alive a good half dozen times by healing him and getting the agro off him when he was being attacked. At the end, he thanked me personally and said what a great job I'd done for the team. All this with my nice plus int staff equipped that apparently I shouldn't even have!

Â