World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Laura - please answer the following question truthfully:

Have you ever cried when somebody has killed you ingame?!

Noooo.

And I don't bang the keyboard and swear to high heaven then plot my revenge like I imagine the rest of you do.

The main reason I'm not on PvP is stubborn men, I can imagine when someone ganks you it's like a stand off, who's going to bed first, because you will just continually kill each other after res until someone gets so frustrated they log off and the other person 'wins'.

You can say that, you didnt play a Warlock back then!

Remember when Shamans were the OP class?

Man that was a long time ago.

There's plenty of stupid arguments about that at the beginning of this very thread.

I quit the game in April and deleted my lvl 80 characters (Work and raiding 4 times a week really didn't mix so I went cold turkey lol). I think I might have a look again when cataclysm comes out if only to explore the reformed Azeroth and maybe catch up with some old buddies. Do you know if I'll be able to get my old Warlock back or will he have disappeared forever? I know people who have had deleted characters restored but will I have left it too long to do this?

If they could figure out a way to make WoW work on consoles they would be laughing their arses off.

People trying to make an MMO for a console are always up against it though. You really need a keyboard to play, both for the sheer number of keybindings you would want in such a game, and to communicate with other players. I hooked my PC up to my big TV, WoW looked awesome on it, but I could only really solo quest and play BG's without it annoying me because I was sitting so far from the screen. With that distance, a lot of the text is almost impossible to read, and of course, anybody with the internet connection needed to play an MMO has probably got a PC which can run World of Warcraft.

I wonder if anybody has got the game running on PS3 though. You can run Linux on a PS3, and I am sure somebody somewhere has figured out how to get WoW running on a Linux machine.

If they could figure out a way to make WoW work on consoles they would be laughing their arses off.

They've been laughing their arses off since 2005 regardless!

As it has come up (console MMOs), I recall hearing a few weeks ago that Jeff Strain, co-founder of ArenaNet (Guild Wars), has set up a new company (Undead Labs) to develop a zombie apocalypse MMO specifically for consoles.

I think the first thing a console MMO would need to do is take the GW approach when it comes to character abilities - you gain lots of them as your class levels up but you can only use a limited number of abilities in a build. It doesn't sacrifice the depth you expect from a persistent MMO character and would translate perfectly to a pad, eliminating the need for loads of keybinds. Both the PS3 and 360 have chatpads and headsets so I don't think communication would be a problem either (discounting the morons you'd have to communicate with). Also, any console MMO that wants to pioneer this absolutely has to be a FPS and take a good, hard look at Borderlands. Then run with it.

I still maintain that MMOs as they currently exist on PCs (with their D&D inspired progression mechanics) are probably impracticable on a console. The genre just needs to be rethought for consoles rather than crowbarred onto them in its existing PC format (or worse, dismissed entirely).

I never really cared for southshore vs tarren mill all that much. It was too much of a ****.

I used to park my rogue outside the horde fp in Ashenvale and gank hapless hordies coming up the path....good times, lol

Well, things speed up a lot at 58. If you have any gold, I would suggest now is the time to go to the Auction House and look for Outland gear. The green stuff is way batter than anything you can get in Azeroth unless you have been running Blackwing Lair or higher. Stuff like "of the invoker" "of the physician" "of the prophet" and "of the sorcerer" will all be massive upgrades which can be got for not very much gold at all.

Make sure you check both armour and weapons. You can probably get some pretty kickass sword/dagger+offhand item combos too.

If Outland gets a bit tough, spec Frost. The slowing effects of your spells and your pet Water Elemental are very handy indeed.

A frost spec like this will be great. You Frostbolt somebody, Frost Nova them. Frostbolt and Fireblast (while the Frostbolt is travelling) and they should die. Keep Ice Barrier up at all times. Use your Water elemental every cooldown. I have a macro somewhere which is really handly to have bound. Welcome to easy mode. :)

Â