World of Warcraft

The_Rev

I really liked Ungoro, there were lots of decent quests, and it felt very different to everywhere else in WoW. I remember the first time I got attacked by the elite T-Rex, I nearly shat myself! I also really enjoyed Winterspring, as I liked the look and the music of the area. I'd defnitely head there before Outland.

Shame I don't play anymore, I read that they're making Deadmines into a heroic instance.

God I had some fun times in that place. Back in '05 on my first character I spent a whole week trying to do it. The feeling when we finally killed VanCleef was epic.

I never usually play downstairs in front of my girl housemates, but I was on the sofa playing and questing in UnGoro the other day and one of my housemates came in, bent down to have a look and said 'Oooh it looks like Jurassic Park...' made a nervous giggle and walked away.

I felt like SUCH a geek...

I remember me, Sie and D1 doing the whole of Ungoro in one night with some crazy Italian guy. Great days. :D

I'd forgotten all about that. Yes, crazy Italian guy was crazy. I can't even remember how he ended up on our vent channel but he did and it was worth it.

I liked ungoro - but that durid quest involving collecting wings from that hive - I spent a whole night there, and got more green drops than I did the items! But Ungoro is a great place, now even more mental with a flightpath, as it seems to have made the ara more "dangerous" than in the early days, with alliance flying in when you gank their buds, rather than that long long ride from Gadgetzan.

And I always hated Felwood and Azshara, but loved the look of Winterspring myself - even the beasts were kind of cute. Its just what grabs your interest I guess. and I'd say for the sake of enjoying the game, dont be in a hurry to get to Hellfire - it will still be there at 60.

I really liked Ungoro, there were lots of decent quests, and it felt very different to everywhere else in WoW. I remember the first time I got attacked by the elite T-Rex, I nearly shat myself! I also really enjoyed Winterspring, as I liked the look and the music of the area. I'd defnitely head there before Outland.

Umbongo was fecking ace. Loved the whole Jurassic Park feel to it.

Umbongo was fecking ace. Loved the whole Jurassic Park feel to it.

I remember when I was still in the exploring phase, trying to find the way out of Ungoro to Silithus whilst not agroing every sodding dinosaur in sight. Most difficult!

I think part of the reason I like Winterspring so much was that it was the first area that most of the VTers did when we were around the same level. Nays, Sie and Si were always about twenty levels ahead of me, Tarj and Dan while we levelled up, so when we got there we did a lot of stuff together.

I dread to think how much time I spent in Azshara. Its probably the zone I have spent more time in than any other on all of World of Warcraft. Those blood elves must have nightmares about my Warlock. Id wager I killed about ten thousand of them for soul shards during vanilla.

I liked ungoro - but that durid quest involving collecting wings from that hive - I spent a whole night there, and got more green drops than I did the items! But Ungoro is a great place, now even more mental with a flightpath, as it seems to have made the ara more "dangerous" than in the early days, with alliance flying in when you gank their buds, rather than that long long ride from Gadgetzan.

I'm sure there's always been a FP in Un'Goro.

I dread to think how much time I spent in Azshara. Its probably the zone I have spent more time in than any other on all of World of Warcraft. Those blood elves must have nightmares about my Warlock. Id wager I killed about ten thousand of them for soul shards during vanilla.

I didn't do an awful lot there tbh, other than the famed "Quest of Free XP" and obviously running backwards and forwards to that sodding island off the coast for Molten Core rep.

I'm sure there's always been a FP in Un'Goro.

No. We had all been 60 for ages before they put a FP in. You used to have to run from Gadgetzan.

There was a patch in which they added lots of flight paths. They never had FPs at Rachet and Booty Bay at one point.

That's alight. Just consider yourself old school. You never got an epic mount until you were 60 and extremely rich back in the day. (unless you were a Warlock or Paladin 8))

No. We had all been 60 for ages before they put a FP in. You used to have to run from Gadgetzan.

There was a patch in which they added lots of flight paths. They never had FPs at Rachet and Booty Bay at one point.

Oh aye.

I think I did all the quests in Un'Goro at once so I didn't have cause to complain about the lack of a flight path. In, out, done.

According to wowwiki it was put in in June 06, I think I was living in Alterac Valley around those times.

That's alight. Just consider yourself old school. You never got an epic mount until you were 60 and extremely rich back in the day. (unless you were a Warlock or Paladin 8))

Can you remember how amazing it was to see someone with one or two epics riding past on a 100% mount?

I never could be arsed to farm for 1000g so I always had my 60% brown horse. :)

Â