World of Warcraft

The_Rev

Interesting if true. This from wow.allakhazam.com

The next World of Warcraft content update, “Before the Storm,†will include the new PvP Honor System, as well as other new features that will prepare us for The Burning Crusade expansion. We are currently planning to release this content update next Tuesday, December 5. Please note that the patch date is still subject to change, and we will keep you informed of any changes to the plan as they happen.

If the patch goes live as planned, this will be the last week that new PvP ranks under the old Honor System can be earned, as the patch will immediately introduce the new Honor System. We will run one final honor calculation on December 5 and update everyone’s ranking accordingly on that date so that players who achieve a new rank for that week have the opportunity to display that title on their character. Please note, however, that no new PvP rewards will be unlocked for purchase with this final “old Honor System†calculation, regardless of any increase in rank.

For those who have been seeking high-rank PvP armor and weapons, note that the new Honor System will still include these item rewards, and it will actually be easier to earn these items under the new Honor System than under the old Honor System. Those who wish to see how their PvP abilities measure up against other players will still be able to do so under the new Arena System.

Son of Arugal?

Now THAT brings back some memories. 8)

Aye, the first time we met that fella. Must have been the day we installed Teamspeak? I about shit myself when this **** thing came running out of nowhere. And of course, he is about 15 levels higher than the quest you are on so flagged ?? and elite to go with it (and the first elite that Undead players will see?) it really is a golden moment in WoW.

All the Orcs, Trolls and Cows will have missed that? I dont think you get to Silverpine by level 12 or so, do you? Still one of my fave areas on the game. And Stonetalon Mountains. Levelling an alt (he is 25 now!) and revisiting these areas is kinda cool.

Cant wait for TBC and exploration again. Hopefully it will throw up some more noob traps for us to walk right into!

Have you clocked Vael yet btw Oz? He really is the best boss on the game. An insane fight. If Ragnaros is a "have you got good fire resist score" fight, then this is a "lets see you DPS in you fire res then, fuckheads" fight. You can have 30 people alive when he is at 1% and he will still kill you. In about three seconds. Really one to see.

I led a PUG to kill Garr :hooray:

Rissok rolled 100 on some Shammy loot and pissed a few of the badly geared players off too!

Hehe, hilarious! Some clearing in the woods in Elements shoulders and L50 blues/greens telling me I shouldn't have rolled on PvP gear, as I already had EF shoulders.

Son of Arugal?

Aye, the first time we met that fella. Must have been the day we installed Teamspeak? I about shit myself when this **** thing came running out of nowhere. And of course, he is about 15 levels higher than the quest you are on so flagged ?? and elite to go with it (and the first elite that Undead players will see?) it really is a golden moment in WoW.

All the Orcs, Trolls and Cows will have missed that? I dont think you get to Silverpine by level 12 or so, do you? Still one of my fave areas on the game. And Stonetalon Mountains. Levelling an alt (he is 25 now!) and revisiting these areas is kinda cool.

Yeah - we miss the Son of Arugal....

... but when we get there at around lvl 15-20 he still pwns us!

Have you clocked Vael yet btw Oz? He really is the best boss on the game. An insane fight. If Ragnaros is a "have you got good fire resist score" fight, then this is a "lets see you DPS in you fire res then, fuckheads" fight. You can have 30 people alive when he is at 1% and he will still kill you. In about three seconds. Really one to see.

Nope and unlikely too. Guild trouble saw it split in 2 and a lot of good players left. That means a lot of ZG/AQ20 and MC all over again. Wont get to Vael by the time BC comes out.

Top vid btw! What a cool fight (pun intended)!

Son of Arugal?

Cant wait for TBC and exploration again. Hopefully it will throw up some more noob traps for us to walk right into!

I still maintain ( and yes, I know I didn't do many of the high level Instances ) that Shadowfang Keep is one of the most memorable, beautifully designed, and downright tense pieces of video gaming I have ever come across.

Great stuff.

Rev - you told me to play a little game called GTA VC that I got free with my PS2. That paid off big time. I'm gonna go with you on this one and by this game. The trailer looks awesome. What game/games would you loosely compare it to though and will I struggle to "get into it"?

:lol: Oh how he tricked you :crylaugh:

I still maintain ( and yes, I know I didn't do many of the high level Instances ) that Shadowfang Keep is one of the most memorable, beautifully designed, and downright tense pieces of video gaming I have ever come across.

Great stuff.

Aye, enjoyed it in there. One of the first instances we all did together I seem to recall.

Well our days of BWL are over too Oz, we're restricted to MC pugs now and ZG/AQ if we're "lucky".

And you have to ask why these slacking arseholes are still in the guild. Using the casual tagline as an excuse to just pick and choose when they want to help out. It's not as if the slackers aren't active players who only play on occasion.

As far as I'm concerned, what makes a casual guild is how frequently it raids and not simply if it raids or not. And what this doesn't mean is that when the guild raids, people don't have to bother their arse.

When people are recruited, we're not asking them about their class, gear and experience because it'll make interesting conversation in Guild Chat - we're asking them because we expect the **** to raid on that character and not some shitty alt they have on the side.

If people are going to just abandon their commitment to the guild, the guild should just abandon those people in the process. They want the benefits of being in a guild but not the responsibility of contributing to it and I'm sure there are plenty of enthusiastic WoW players out there who can replace them.

People are just starting to take the piss now with this whole "but we're mates so its ok that I **** you all about, see!" attitude.

I'm surprised I've not been gkicked. It's slightly different for me at the moment as I have no access all week. But I stopped raiding because of the guild's poor attitude - and that's when we did have 40+ turning up for raids. I said that pissing the same people off every raid would come back and bite.

VT Villans anyone?

The Villa lads levelling squad for TBC is the next thing im looking forward too now. Should be a good laugh with all of us the same level for the first time.

I still like it in the Dashers though. Been here a long time and have a lot of friends in it. If the ship is going down im going down with it. We will see on that one.

For now, ill just piss about, PvP, and maybe level my alt some more until Outland.

Hmmm...

Is it just me or is there some serious down time for guilds now that BC is only weeks away? It seems the whole server is just farting about waiting for it all to happen.

Sounds the same with you guys.

Yeah, it seems to be game wide. Alliance and Horde, Europe and everywhere else. Of course there will still be a few guilds raiding, but **** it, lets play the other side of the game for a little while. Farm some gold, and abuse the fact that we are on a PvP server. :D

(check the music ;) )

I can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to TBC. The chance to level up with you guys again, as well as the people I'm mates with in the guild, should be excellent. Feel sorry for people like Limpid and Sie though, who haven't had the fun of starting in BWL and finally clearing the bastard like me, Nays, Dan and Tarj.

And at least raiding should be different in TBC, think that raid squads will be a lot more fluid with the smaller caps.

Â