Valentines Day.

AVFCLaura

Will you be planning something Romantic for Valentines Day?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be planning something Romantic for Valentines Day?

• Absolutely, I can't wait.
    • No, I don't buy into the hype.

The Martin Laursen Table:

n798465054_5871380_6800.jpg

not only for his shambolic keyboard and singing skills and ruining some of my favourite love songs, but mostly for playing, and this is not a wind up, Dolly Parton Working 9-5, during his set... Of romantic love songs, on Valentines day...!

WHAT THE ****?

was he a mental?

Pianists playing during meals shouldn't really sing, especially with a mic through speakers, not on valentines.

Classical music, chilled piano, perhaps a little improvised jazz, even some of their own compositions would be nice. Something you haven't heard before that really fits the mood.

I am no Mozart or Beethoven but can play a piano and would know if I was thrown in at the last minute not to play Dolly Parton 9 to 5.

Your out on Valentines day and then someone reminds you of work, through music....that's just out of order lol

not only for his shambolic keyboard and singing skills and ruining some of my favourite love songs, but mostly for playing, and this is not a wind up, Dolly Parton Working 9-5, during his set... Of romantic love songs, on Valentines day...!

WHAT THE ****?

was he a mental?

Pianists playing during meals shouldn't really sing, especially with a mic through speakers, not on valentines.

Classical music, chilled piano, perhaps a little improvised jazz, even some of their own compositions would be nice. Something you haven't heard before that really fits the mood.

I am no Mozart or Beethoven but can play a piano and would know if I was thrown in at the last minute not to play Dolly Parton 9 to 5.

Your out on Valentines day and then someone reminds you of work, through music....that's just out of order lol

Tell me about it!!

They did advertise live music, so I thought maybe a classic / spanish guitar... But no. And the keyboard player did not even have his keyboard set to piano sound, it was on the keyboard sound ALL evening. And for the first hour, hour and a half, the music and singing was so loud we could barely hear each other or hold a conversation.

WHAT THE ****?

was he a mental?

Tell me about it!!

They did advertise live music, so I thought maybe a classic / spanish guitar... But no. And the keyboard player did not even have his keyboard set to piano sound, it was on the keyboard sound ALL evening. And for the first hour, hour and a half, the music and singing was so loud we could barely hear each other or hold a conversation.

You mean that awful sound that sounds like a cross between every instrument ever invented?

that's bad. All music is meant to do in a restaurant setting is to ensure there is no silence, it's not meant to be over bearing in the slightest.

You mean that awful sound that sounds like a cross between every instrument ever invented?

that's bad. All music is meant to do in a restaurant setting is to ensure there is no silence, it's not meant to be over bearing in the slightest.

Oh yes...

I'll be honest, I did get really angry about it and it did consume a lot of the conversation because I could not stop talking about how annoyed I was. But then I got so drunk that I let it go.

How to ruin a perfectly nice evening at your favourite place...

Oh yes...

I'll be honest, I did get really angry about it and it did consume a lot of the conversation because I could not stop talking about how annoyed I was. But then I got so drunk that I let it go.

...and how to fix it again! ;)

Oh yes...

I am sure Laura will accept a 3-0 drubbing of CSKA Moscow, followed with apologize by one republic over the tannoys with a "sorry to Laura for the shit keyboarding"

Oh yes...

I am sure Laura will accept a 3-0 drubbing of CSKA Moscow, followed with apologize by one republic over the tannoys with a "sorry to Laura for the shit keyboarding"

Working 9 till 5 is about the least romantic song I know... Honestly I felt like Jeremy Beadle was going to rise from the grave and declare a practical joke.

So if any AVFC Hospitality & Events representatives are reading, an invite back to Villa Park again with some proper live music that suits the ambience of the evening would be appreciated. 8)

Oh yes...

Working 9 till 5 is about the least romantic song I know... Honestly I felt like Jeremy Beadle was going to rise from the grave and declare a practical joke.

So if any AVFC Hospitality & Events representatives are reading, an invite back to Villa Park again with some proper live music that suits the ambience of the evening would be appreciated. 8)

Lol you are probably right there, I mean if he sung Nine inch nails - right where it belongs, at least the title fits the mood, or Just like you imagined. but everything about that Dolly Parton song is utterly wrong.

obviously a last replacement.

although my version of

probably comes a close second.

Before you lambast me I am a massive fan of Dre and just think I do a better job of this stuff than Mark Ruddy Ronson.

Â