Valentines Day.

AVFCLaura

Will you be planning something Romantic for Valentines Day?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be planning something Romantic for Valentines Day?

• Absolutely, I can't wait.
    • No, I don't buy into the hype.

So Valentines Day is 3 weeks away, ( :o ) time for all you guys and girls to start contemplating what you intend to do for your significant other.

I was wondering what the most Romantic thing anyone on here has planned?

Do you celebrate Valentines day? Are you planning something big? What significance does Valentines day have to you and yours?

Would love to have the day brightened up with your most romantic past and present Valentines Day stories. :D

Not Valentines Day again - Is this now an annual event ! And Laura I am kidding.

Don't tend to go overboard with this, buy the wife a card, a little gift and tend to cook something nice at home, rather then go out for a meal.

I actually brought my wife her present over the weekend. She has wanted an orchid for ages, so popped to a few garden centres, and finally found the one she wanted (they aren't cheap are they ?). Anyway, it's now got pride of place in our lounge, and I have promised to look after it.

I haven't voted, as whilst I wouldn't say I cannot wait, I actually don't mind it either.

I actually brought my wife her present over the weekend. She has wanted an orchid for ages, so popped to a few garden centres, and finally found the one she wanted (they aren't cheap are they ?). Anyway, it's now got pride of place in our lounge, and I have promised to look after it.

Thats very romantic, Orchids are beautiful.

If i had a significant other I'd be making the effort, however unfortunately I do not have one so unless something comes along within the next week (highly doubtful) I won't be making much of an effort. However it wouldn't surprise me if somebody did come along before Valentines day because it has happened before where a bird has come along before Valentines day or a birthday then **** off a couple of weeks after. I'm on guard this year though I won't buy into it unless that special someone comes along, it's not worth it for someone you've only been with for a short time, I've learnt that over the years.

Been a while since I've had a significant other but I did spend last years Valentines with a special someone which ended up in a relationship but it then **** up.

She did get her orchid the day before my comment about her 'not being thin', so all the hard work was destroyed in the matter of seconds. Still, I'll purchase a nice valentines card, and as it falls on a Saturday should be able to do something nice on the evening - As long as we get a decent draw in the FA cup of course

Had I a girlfriend, I would be planning something special. However that is not the case, so a night in front of the computer with some hand lotion for me ;)

Basically what I'm planning...

But I'm not generally into making a big deal of V-Day, if only because I think one shouldn't run their romance by the calendar.

If I had any wit whatsoever, I'd do a parody of this bit from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtZR3lJobjw:

On Christmas Day you can't be sore

Your fellow man you must adore

There's time to rob him all the more

The other three hundred and sixty-four

I stopped the valentines deal about 7 years ago, im single now after being in a 5 year relationship so wont be doing anything this year either.:?

I used to buy a card and thats it but that was so that she didn't feel left out on the day but if you need one day a year to show how much you love someone then everyone to their own. I used to buy flowers for my girlfriend every month without fail, not because i was saying sorry or felt guilty but because i loved her. I am a hopeless romantic i'm afraid and did all those romantic gestures over the year so why when i want to take her to that usual place to eat do we have to pay double on this day? why do i have to have a set menu? Why when i go to buy her favorite flowers from the shop that i usually buy them does that woman have the nerve to ask me for 3 times what i pay every other month of the year?

As for romantic gestures well i could write a book :winkold:

For years i used to leave those love heart sweets in discreet places for her to find , she would on occassions wake up to find a single rose on her pillow, she went with her mates to Barcelona and she had a bottle of champagne waiting in her room for her and her mates.

One of her favorite presents of me was a year when i was broke and i had kept tickets,programmes and any little momemento of the places we visited and put them in an albulm with photos of those times. Trust me that went down a treat!! :D

Â