Valentines Day.

AVFCLaura

Will you be planning something Romantic for Valentines Day?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be planning something Romantic for Valentines Day?

• Absolutely, I can't wait.
    • No, I don't buy into the hype.

Oh come on... We all know he's jesting... He didn't cuddle me once.

Who didn't?

And b23, she was alright, you know how it is :P

Obviously, I'm joking, she was a good egg man, she won't marry me though...

I'm a bit lost now dude. It may be the cold or the sudden realisation VT has been changed from the local pub, domain of mainly blokes, to a mixed sixth form.

Who didn't?

I'm a bit lost now dude. It may be the cold or the sudden realisation VT has been changed from the local pub, domain of mainly blokes, to a mixed sixth form.

You know the truth...

Guest Ricardomeister

My most memorable Valentine's Day was when I was 7 and a glass door blew shut as I was running through the doorway and I ended up with 36 stitches in my leg! Still wasn't as painful as Valentine's Day with the ex wife though!!!

My most memorable Valentine's Day was when I was 7 and a glass door blew shut as I was running through the doorway and I ended up with 36 stitches in my leg! Still wasn't as painful as Valentine's Day with the ex wife though!!!

Mwahahahahaha :lol:

Who didn't?

You know the truth...

It doesn't exactly set me free tho :D

Who didn't?

You know the truth...

It doesn't exactly set me free tho :D

There's only so much that can be said my friend, you have to set yourself free in this instance.

I'm busy, otherwise I'd help.

I actually 'forgot' Valentines Day last year, for the first time in 14 years of wedlock - boy, didn't I get reminded of it all year!!! So, no more 'forgetfulness' from me - just a basic card, and maybe some chips from the local chippie. Job done.

I broke my nose on a Valentine's day a few years back...

It was back when I was managing a liquor store (indeed, I had just taken the job a few weeks before)... I carded this kid and I guess he didn't appreciate it, so he picked up the keypad for entering debit card PINs and slammed me in the head with it.

I chased him out of the store, got one punch in, then he got one in and I hit the pavement.

Fun night in the ER, and I learned that Vicodin has no effect on me (though it was a profitable evening in the long run...). I also stunned the ER staff, apparently, with how calmly I was taking it: they even suspected shock, but my placidity was the only sign of that. When asked what faith I was, I answered "I hardly think I'll be needing last rites."

Not quite up there with Buddy Rich having a heart attack in Michigan and being asked, as he's being wheeled into surgery if he has any allergies, and he snarls, "Yeah, country music," but it charmed the nurses. Now if only any of them were worth charming on that Valentine's Day.

On a completely unrelated note, I once walked through/shattered a glass door as well... I think I might have been seven also (I think it was October of '89), no stitches required though.

i would love to take the Mrs to New York but i got more important things to do like the launch of the world biggest adult social network...........watch this space

Its been done mate. Its called spacebook or myface or something like that!

• 4 weeks later...

The Martin Laursen Table:

n798465054_5871380_6800.jpg

I would like to take the opportunity to thank the pianist (And I was VERY careful how I spelt that...) for ruining what was undoubtedly a very romantic evening, not only for his shambolic keyboard and singing skills and ruining some of my favourite love songs, but mostly for playing, and this is not a wind up, Dolly Parton Working 9-5, during his set... Of romantic love songs, on Valentines day...!

(Ps. Apologies if you are him, or know of him, but I refuse to believe anything other than the sure fact that he was a last minute stand in. If he wasn't, then AVFC Hospitality & Events need a kick up the arse...)

Â