economic situation is dire

ianrobo1

I see Cameron is pandering now to the xenophobic elements in his party, as normal with Tory party leaders he fails to lead on matters like Europe giving out mixed messages and statements and putting ridiculous inward looking thinking ahead of what is beneficial for the UK and the world which we live and trade in.

Europe is essential for any sort of prosperity for this country and the little englander ideas that the Tory party and others like UKIP, BNP try and put forward have no real place in a world that relies on and survives not as little country pockets with artificial borders

I see Cameron is pandering now to the xenophobic elements in his party, as normal with Tory party leaders he fails to lead on matters like Europe giving out mixed messages and statements and putting ridiculous inward looking thinking ahead of what is beneficial for the UK and the world which we live and trade in.

Europe is essential for any sort of prosperity for this country and the little englander ideas that the Tory party and others like UKIP, BNP try and put forward have no real place in a world that relies on and survives not as little country pockets with artificial borders

I'm pretty sure Gordon Brown would also have used the veto to prevent Germany and France taking control of the UK financial regulation. I think any UK leader would have done.

Sarcozy has always wanted the regulations to be just between the 17 Euro members so he was never going to allow the sorts of consession the UK would have required to make it acceptable for us to join up with this. He's played us off to get his way over Merkel.

:oops:

I need to lie down drat.

We have found an element of politics we agree on.

Thing is though regarding the Veto, it's what the basis for using it is. As you are seeing now the right wing elements of the Tory party are very much in line with people like UKIP, BNP etc in their petty hatred of anything foreign and would use the veto for any reason they can to try and petty point score against those outside of the UK and Europe in particular. It's funny how the mixed message again from Cameron is very evident through this.

The issue of criticising Osbourne for changing his name is pathetic.

It is no different to James Gordon Brown dropping his first name to avoid the inevitable "sex machine" "superfly" jokes that would follow.

Thing is though regarding the Veto, it's what the basis for using it is. As you are seeing now the right wing elements of the Tory party are very much in line with people like UKIP, BNP etc in their petty hatred of anything foreign and would use the veto for any reason they can to try and petty point score against those outside of the UK and Europe in particular. It's funny how the mixed message again from Cameron is very evident through this.

I agree that there are some very dodgy elements of the Tory party who will be very happy that Cameron has said no to EU demands but at the same time, I think any of the UK party leaders would have done the same thing (but perhaps with more diplomacy?).

Financial services are the only thing the UK still has an advantage over Germany and France in, they have been looking to rewrite the regulations to bring conditions back in favour of "La Defence" and Frankfurt for a long time.

Bill Cash has just come out with a classic Tory line

"This agreement would have seen an increase in VAT and that is not acceptable"

Hmm Bill, now remind me again which are the only party to increase VAT in the UK? :-)

The issue of criticising Osbourne for changing his name is pathetic.

It is no different to James Gordon Brown dropping his first name to avoid the inevitable "sex machine" "superfly" jokes that would follow.

Brown used his middle name, the same as Wilson did, the same as Cable does because they preferred that name.

Gideon was named Gideon Oliver and he changed it to George because he says "Life was easier as a George; it was a straightforward name." George was his grandfather's name.

Gideon is not your typical man in the street name and is found more often in the circles that the privileged Osborne comes from and tries to hide.

Being an odious little shit makes him perfect for piss taking on his little attempt to hide his background

from da polish PM "These steps should be most ambitious to convince the financial markets. The point is to make the world believe that the eurozone is getting better. And I am not sure that we managed to achieve this goal"

that sounds to me like he isn't too convinced about the state of things.

Are they trying to prolonge the inevitable here or what?

is it not good that there are markets to compete in than just one big one?

What's so xenophobic about being against EU interference? I'm very eurosceptic, does that make me a xenophobe?

His end comment was a typical playground point-scoring tactic, where the bully employs a perceived weakness in is prey to attack him, rather like people who refer to Osborne by the christian name that he preferred to drop when he was a child.

Calling him Gideon, his given name, one he chose to drop to appear more "straightforward", something that he fails in all of the time.

Perhaps he was influenced by Anthony Wedgewood-Benn :winkold:

So Cameron grows a backbone and makes up in some way for Blairs constant capitulation to the French

It's a step in the right direction and fingers crossed we will get our referendum in the very near future

Must admit having watched Camerons press conference I was a tad disappointed that he didn't end it by saying " and for those reasons ,I'm out"

Europe is essential for any sort of prosperity for this country

yeah bailing out Europe is just what we need for our prosperity ... there was a European trade agreement essentially a good idea , but a Euro currency , laws a United States of Europe wasn't part of that trade agreement and was always doomed to fail ...

two posts in a row you brought up the BNP to suggest some form of Tory alliance , not sure why when we know that their core support comes from disillusioned labour supporters and even the last labour leader was borrowing slogans like "British jobs for British workers" off them

being an odious little shit makes him perfect for piss taking on his little attempt to hide his background

is this line from same poster who repeatedly posted that Politics shouldn't be about personalities ?? :confused:

So Cameron grows a backbone

Nothing to do with backbone. Just trying to stop himself being torn apart by the slavering Europhobes behind him.

It's simply pandering to the wishes of his bankster mates and funders, no more, no less. He does their bidding at every turn. His actions are not at all to do with what's best for the country, and everything to do with what's best for them.

Having said that, the "solution" Merkel et al are proposing is barking mad. It's like a street of neighbours facing an epidemic of burglaries who try to combat it by organising a tidy garden competition, with fines for those who transgress. The solution bears no relation to the problem, and won't help in any respect.

Meanwhile Cameron, instead of suggesting action against the burglars, seeks to give them shelter...

Â