Band of Brothers fans...

trekka

Edward Bernays was involved with using media to condition people for geo-political purposes and the US govt. admits to funding Hollywood films and TV shows to promote ideas.

The show - "24" seems to have convinced the US public that torturing people is fine and that all "A-rabs" are subversive, and that the NSA is protecting the American people.

Fox and NBC have openly admitted 'cynical mind control games'.

And you're probably aware of the Barack O'Bama speech recently where he echoed General Tommy Franks' claim that the biggest threat today for Americans is someone using a nuclear weapon on one of their cities. He claims that al-Qaeda might acquire nuclear bombs.... queue the trailer for http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIpenejMR8I. In this film someone has planted 3 Nuclear bombs in 3 US cities and is threatening to set them off. They then suggest torturing him. (here's the scary bit) The Carrie Anne Moss character points out that it's against the constitution, to which she gets the reply...."if we don't we'll have no constitution" So in other words you need to use torture to save the constitution.

If a film or many film's come out in the next 12 months about Iran or a "rogue state" secretly accessing a nuke and blowing up a US city, then prepare for the invasion of Iran.

It could be suggested that Spielberg's 'The Pacific' is conditioning American's to be suspicious of, and receptive towards the further ill-treatment of, an American 'enemy'.

I'm not sure we'd see a full blown invasion of Iran BOF as that, as a prospect, is right now probably a bit much for the assorted Allies.

A strike on Iran though, more possible. Or even more possible, the attack dog being let off the leash.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyway... is this any good compared to Band of Brothers?

BOF, that hadn't crossed my mind.

FWIW I was in Melbourne when they started filming 'The Pacific', it was early 2008. It must be the long con.

I like a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy, but in the case of 'The pacific' I'd imagine they are more concerned with DVD sales than subliminal war approval.

If someone hasn't made their mind up on the war on terror yet, they are hardly going to be persuaded by 'the pacific'.

What's Spielberg's involvement given you reason to be suspicious of?

Put simply, his motives behind telling a story of this nature.

I'm not sure we'd see a full blown invasion of Iran BOF as that, as a prospect, is right now probably a bit much for the assorted Allies.

A strike on Iran though, more possible. Or even more possible, the attack dog being let off the leash.

It sucks

It sucks

I wouldn't say it sucks. But after 5 episodes in, I'm still waiting for it to match Band of Brothers, and it hasn't got anywhere near.

It's more of a Drama set in the Second World War, not a War Drama.

It sucks

I wouldn't say it sucks. But after 5 episodes in, I'm still waiting for it to match Band of Brothers, and it hasn't got anywhere near.

It's more of a Drama set in the Second World War, not a War Drama.

Agree with this

I'm on episode 4... and it frustrates me to say, but its been a disappointment so far

I'm not tied into any of the main characters yet, nor am I feeling anything for the company. I remember catching episode 6 or 7 of Band of Brothers as a off chance on the TV and was hooked right away, went out the next morning and brought the boxset so that I could watch it from start to finish. I enjoyed every episode, even the ones with less gun fighting.

So far, The Pacific has failed to impress me and although I will watch it till the end, I cant see it getting any higher than a 5/10

Just wait til episode 6, it actually matches Band Of Brothers for the first time.
Would that be the assault on Peleiu by any chance? (I just read that bit in the book).

Â