Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

Match Polls  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

14 hours ago, HalfTimePost said:

Diaby ........ Support the team. He tried hard today. He's in bad form but he doesn't deserve this

He's been in bad form since he arrived here. Name me one attribute that he has and has demonstrated. For me, he's a passenger and top sides don't carry passengers even if they are nice blokes !

1 hour ago, Paul33 said:

He's been in bad form since he arrived here. Name me one attribute that he has and has demonstrated. For me, he's a passenger and top sides don't carry passengers even if they are nice blokes !

Yet gets called up for the French national side

3 hours ago, Beastmix said:

You're not losing any games, you're just re-organising them.

Just as they have done.

Your disrupting the PL for  a mickey mouse tournament, the league cups bigger for me.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yet gets called up for the French national side

I can only assume that is not based on his club form !

8 hours ago, Paul33 said:

10 goals and 8 assists? No?

This season's whipping boy.

On 10/05/2024 at 09:43, Podster said:

If we are in the champions league next season we will get eaten alive unless we make some serious investment in getting better quality into the squad

This just isn’t true. The PL is as tough a competition as any and we have beaten the best in this league. 

On our day, even with this squad we can compete. The test is the long road of the season when injuries and fatigue set in. That’s why the “bigger” teams prevail, they have strength in depth. 

Our system works well when we have our first choice 11. We will improve on that 11 and our squad depth in the next two seasons. We will become a force to reckon with.

21 hours ago, Paul33 said:

Wow, imagine how good he will be when he settles!

Remember when that Bailey was rubbish too?

1 hour ago, thunderball said:

This just isn’t true. The PL is as tough a competition as any and we have beaten the best in this league. 

On our day, even with this squad we can compete. The test is the long road of the season when injuries and fatigue set in. That’s why the “bigger” teams prevail, they have strength in depth. 

Our system works well when we have our first choice 11. We will improve on that 11 and our squad depth in the next two seasons. We will become a force to reckon with.

You actually validate my point by saying "on our day" and "when we have our first choice 11" I believe that to say just because we have beaten the best in this league we can compete in the champions league is doable without investing in the squad, is a risk we dont need to take. I believe, to compete in the champions league you need to be able to grind out a result when we are not "on our day" and we will need to get results when we have a weakened team because we have key players injured or just knackered and the results of the last 3 games make me believe we need to invest in the squad, I cant understand why you say that isnt true.

2 minutes ago, Podster said:

You actually validate my point by saying "on our day" and "when we have our first choice 11" I believe that to say just because we have beaten the best in this league we can compete in the champions league is doable without investing in the squad, is a risk we dont need to take. I believe, to compete in the champions league you need to be able to grind out a result when we are not "on our day" and we will need to get results when we have a weakened team because we have key players injured or just knackered and the results of the last 3 games make me believe we need to invest in the squad, I cant understand why you say that isnt true.

I think we are broadly aligned,  we will invest, we will broaden our squad, we would be unlucky to have so many serious/long term injuries to key players. But I believe we can compete and won’t be embarrassed in the Champions League, but it will stretch us again. This is a long term project and it’s only just underway.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, thunderball said:

Wow, imagine how good he will be when he settles!

Remember when that Bailey was rubbish too?

You mean on Thursday ? Yes, can just about remember that ;) !!!

Edited by Paul33

Posted (edited)
On 10/05/2024 at 09:34, adamo said:

Can someone explain me how your coach decide to play with  3 CB against us when he needs 2 goals to tie the game? i was surprised to see that from him. Bad coaching in  entire  game........

It's only my opinion, but we was so short in defensive midfield, and he tried to avoid conceding an early goal.......The first goal in that second, game was always going to be crucial.

......as it turned out, I could have scored that goal, such was the lack of attention from our closest, defenders, who left your no 9 free, to run.

I think UE was stuffed for options, such was our injury list.

but well done to Olympiacos, I hope they win it.

Edited by TRO

On 10/05/2024 at 13:27, Paul33 said:

sadly, you are right.

I will just keep my fingers crossed, that he turns his form around, but so many things with his game is poor.

Right now, he is more of a passenger, than an asset......I just don't understand, what he is purported to be doing.

• Like 1

On 10/05/2024 at 19:34, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m ill so didn’t watch game yesterday. How did the youngsters get on?

Get well soon.

• Thanks 1

Â