Christmas Football 22/24 December

andykeenan

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Are they not? Game in hand now and the top 3 all dropped points. 

Depends which way you look at it. Win there game in hand, they are above Tottenham, still 2 off us and Liverpool and game off the top. Ohh, an they still need to improve.

1 minute ago, foreveryoung said:

Depends which way you look at it. Win there game in hand, they are above Tottenham, still 2 off us and Liverpool and game off the top. Ohh, an they still need to improve.

That's true

But if results had gone other ways this weekend they could have been 4 points off us and Liverpool or 5 off arsenal 

So results went their way, so they did "win" the weekend

I dont see it as something to be precious about 

Just now, foreveryoung said:

I think they need to improve a bit too.

They need to keep Haaland and rodri fit, with the bigger problem being that they can't rest rodri and I'm not sure if he's not as explosive or the hype has died down or if Haaland has actually dropped off a little this season (as in dropped down to relatively normal best striker in the league rather than record breaking good) 

Come March theyll go on the usual winning streak while everyone else deals with injuries and being knackers 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's mad that Moyes being an outstanding manager for 95% of his career, his reputation is ruined over a bad couple of years. The fact people were calling for his head THIS MONTH is wild.

People have been calling for his head every month he's been there tbf.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

It's mad that Moyes being an outstanding manager for 95% of his career, his reputation is ruined over a bad couple of years. The fact people were calling for his head THIS MONTH is wild.

The fact he chickened out midweek in a quarter final of the cup has angered their fans. 

35 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Moyes is not an outstanding manager. Never won a domestic cup and won a European trophy that I would expect every English club to win (including us this season) given the relative strength of the English sides compared to the other teams. 

He's a good manager to a certain level and managing a side to finish 7th-10th is that level.

1 minute ago, Avfc96 said:

Moyes is not an outstanding manager. Never won a domestic cup and won a European trophy that I would expect every English club to win (including us this season) given the relative strength of the English sides compared to the other teams. 

He's a good manager to a certain level and managing a side to finish 7th-10th is that level.

This is so shortsighted. He took Preston from the third tier to 1 game from the PL in 3 years. He took Everton to the Champions League, West Ham to Europe and a European trophy. This is massively overacheiving.

Was Gareth Barry not an outstanding player until he moved to City and won something?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

This is so shortsighted. He took Preston from the third tier to 1 game from the PL in 3 years. He took Everton to the Champions League, West Ham to Europe and a European trophy. This is massively overacheiving.

Was Gareth Barry not an outstanding player until he moved to City and won something?

He took Everton to the Champions League qualification rounds where they were knocked out at the first hurdle. The season they qualified, Liverpool practically gave up and focused on the CL latter stages from April onwards. They also finished 11th the season after. As I said, he's a good manager that has a certain level. He's also failed miserably at Manchester United, Real Sociedad and Sunderland.

Barry was an outstanding player and then moved onto win the league at City whilst being one of the first names on the team sheet that season. When Moyes went onto 'bigger' things, he was awful.

Â