Christmas Football 22/24 December

andykeenan

Just now, jayEm said:

1-1.... draw still an excellent result for us regardless of what happened last night

Ages to go obviously

Man. City will be laughing if there's no winner tonight. Halfway around the world and rivals can't capitalise and build a decent points lead so basically going to be a replica of last season.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

He's better at defending 

Rice is a good player, Ive just never thought he's the right player to stick in a team that wants 70% possession and give him 80 touches per game 

He's very very different from rodri who is the best player in the league in that role (probably the world tbf) 

He may be better at defending, but Doug is way above with his forward play, an has more goals.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

You’d hope so really for 100m. 

It's a British premium player going for a ridiculous fee, what's new?

I'd rather pay that for him than some of the fees you're seeing dished out on likes of Havertz, Mount and Mydryk in last 12 months anyway.

Not every central midfield costing 100m has to do what Bellingham is doing anyway, that's my point.

Is it me or do we (Villa) look, Oil FC apart, the only team up there who are consciously using in-match energy conservation? Arsenal, Spurs, Arsenal, dare I say Newcastle, all seem to okay hundred miles an hour football each game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

How are Liverpool actually going to replace Salah?

Loads of pundits were saying Nunez was going to score 25 prem goals with his eyes closed in August which is laughable.

Gakpo is pretty average for top level.

Diaz and Jota decent but picked up regular injuries.

Salah just has that fear factor in these tight games when you get the ball quickly to him.

Sign Leon Bailey? 😉

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

He's no better than our Dougie for me.

He's playing as DM though so it's more a comparison with Kamara.

Luiz is a sensational footballer in his own right so he'd be in 80m bracket once he starts games regularly for Brazil again and plays in CL for us, don't worry about that.

But again Doug was very good for us under Emery before he started scoring regularly so that really shouldn't be a defining aspect of central midfield.

I always remember Xabi Alonso reading a programme or something before a match and he couldn't believe a Liverpool youth player had listed one of his strengths as "tackling." Xabi's point was your anticipation and positioning should mean you're not lunging in to tackles all the time so that maybe hints at the culture developing CMs in this country over the years compared to what they do in Spain and Italy.

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Is it me or do we (Villa) look, Oil FC apart, the only team up there who are consciously using in-match energy conservation? Arsenal, Spurs, Arsenal, dare I say Newcastle, all seem to okay hundred miles an hour football each game.

It will catch up with them.. I think Nukeassh@le are already suffering from burnout.

Â