Totally useless information/trivia

RunRickyRun

In ye olden days during the times of freak shows being acceptable, freak show owners used to have "pig faced women"

Obviously they weren't pig faced women. They were, in fact, bears that were fed alcohol until they were stinking drunk, shaved, put in a dress and given tits.

Someone watched QI last night ;-)

That reads as "I'm curious but wouldn't like you to think so" :P In the 1800's I imagine a Brighton-esque padded novelty bra :)

Curious as in rubbernecking a car crash curious - you want to know, but know you're likely not to like what you see ;).

Ooh Mike "An idler’s miscellany of compendious amusements". Sounds like the kind of site I could easily waste a week or more on :)

Ooh Mike "An idler’s miscellany of compendious amusements". Sounds like the kind of site I could easily waste a week or more on :)
Good, innit? Thought you might like it.

On Aug. 10, 2004, Cincinnati Reds first baseman Adam Dunn hit a ball entirely out of Cincinnati’s Great American Ball Park. It landed on Mehring Way, 535 feet from home plate, hopped another 200 feet or so, and came to rest on a piece of driftwood on the edge of the Ohio River.

That part of the river belongs to Kentucky. This makes Dunn the only player in major league history to hit the ball into another state.

BOF's new favourite website

This one is definitely for wiggyrichard

When walking, a 100-pound woman in stiletto heels exerts more pressure per square inch than a 6,000-pound elephant.

Now use that on the missus in her fragile state and Bam, you're in the doghouse for probably a year :)

One that affects me

Twelve percent of American 20-year-olds are left-handed, but only 5 percent of 50-year-olds and fewer than 1 percent of people over 80.

Does this mean that more lefties are being born today? Or that older generations were forced to switch hands? Or that southpaws die sooner? No one knows.

One that affects me

Twelve percent of American 20-year-olds are left-handed, but only 5 percent of 50-year-olds and fewer than 1 percent of people over 80.

Does this mean that more lefties are being born today? Or that older generations were forced to switch hands? Or that southpaws die sooner? No one knows.

Doesn't affect you at all Brian. You're not American.

Â