Who would you drop to get Milner in?

pete165

Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?  

192 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you drop to accommodate Milner?

• Barry
    • Petrov
    • NRC
    • Ashley Young
    • Luke Young

Petrov has played far too well to be dropped it has to be NRC even though i love his energy and attitude.

Why NRC before Barry?? Seriously i was watching the match with pool fans and they were all in agreement that they were glad they didn't get Barry. They dodged a bullet there.

But they, as well as me, were praising NRC for his attitude and workrate. Barry did nothing all game, apart from the odd "decent" pass, this player is meant to be worth near 20million!

BTW can someone tell Curtis Davies he's not playing in the Championship anymore and he doesn't need to hoof the ball everytime it lands at his feet.

BTW can someone tell Curtis Davies he's not playing in the Championship anymore and he doesn't need to hoof the ball everytime it lands at his feet

I'm not sure. Curtis played about the same as the rest of our back four.

Petrov has played far too well to be dropped it has to be NRC even though i love his energy and attitude.

Why NRC before Barry?? Seriously i was watching the match with poll fans and they were all in agreement that they were glad they didn't get Barry.

But they as well as me were praising NRC for his attitude and workrate. Barry did nothing all game, apart from the odd "decent" pass, this player is meant to be worth near 20million!

BTW can someone tell Curtis Davies he's not playing in the Championship anymore and he doesn't need to hoof the ball everyone time it lands at his feet.

I take it you were watching the game with Liverpool fans and they were glad they didnt get Barry

WELL

a) they would wouldn't they, hardly a great reason for anything. Bit like the kid who wanted a 10p mix in the sweet shop but only had 5p so he bought the gobstopper that he really really wanted honest. I can name some lifelong Liverpool fans that have always rated Gareth Barry but suddenly dont rate him at all

B) they also think most of their squad are "good" when in fact they have a full back that even NRC appeared to be skinning, two strikers playing on the wing (and apparently this shows that Benitez is astute)

Barry wasnt on top form today but he did ok, did little wrong, switched play effectively as usual, made the best pass of the game plus plenty of other good incisive passes

but hey, he looks disinterested so he is crap, he was ok

BTW can someone tell Curtis Davies he's not playing in the Championship anymore and he doesn't need to hoof the ball everytime it lands at his feet

I'm not sure. Curtis played about the same as the rest of our back four.

Well i'm sorry but everytime i saw him acquire the ball he launched it up the pitch rather than build up an attack on the groud, and i'm sure my swearing and blood pressure will attest to that

he did one little change of direction and pass to Young that was the best football played today

I Agree Pete (said so somewhere else), I'm not knocking him at all. All Barry did today was have an average game for Gareth Barry, not a crap game, not a brilliant game, just an average game and by that I mean he did a few things that were very good but he hardly put a foot wrong, he's played better sure he has but he cannot do that every game no player can

Why NRC before Barry?? Seriously i was watching the match with poll fans and they were all in agreement that they were glad they didn't get Barry.

But they as well as me were praising NRC for his attitude and workrate. Barry did nothing all game, apart from the odd "decent" pass, this player is meant to be worth near 20million!

BTW can someone tell Curtis Davies he's not playing in the Championship anymore and he doesn't need to hoof the ball everyone time it lands at his feet.

I take it you were watching the game with Liverpool fans and they were glad they didnt get Barry

WELL

a) they would wouldn't they, hardly a great reason for anything. Bit like the kid who wanted a 10p mix in the sweet shop but only had 5p so he bought the gobstopper that he really really wanted honest. I can name some lifelong Liverpool fans that have always rated Gareth Barry but suddenly dont rate him at all

B) they also think most of their squad are "good" when in fact they have a full back that even NRC appeared to be skinning, two strikers playing on the wing (and apparently this shows that Benitez is astute)

Barry wasnt on top form today but he did ok, did little wrong, switched play effectively as usual, made the best pass of the game plus plenty of other good incisive passes

Bickster, i have been a great cynic of Barry's quality and ability to bring us forward as a team on these forums and in general discourse well before Pool's bid for him.

Barry for me is a player who we wasted the perfect chance and time to sell him for the most beneficial amount of money in our club's interest.

Alot of last season Barry was invisible and ineffective in games that matterd that most. If you want the future look towards NRC.

if you want the sort of mediocrity that Barry and Hendrie before him gave the club then continue to delude yourself that we were lucky to keep Barry.

shocke dto see i was only one who voted l young. havent been very impressed with him to be honest. i wouldnt drop NRC as he looks one of our fitter players and is running around everywhere. petrov looks better and creates space.

barry is our best cm without question

so for me l young as i think NRC could do a decent job there

I think comparing Barry, who is now a regular pick for England and has been consistently good for a few years now, to Lee Hendrie who played best when looking for a new contract is more than a bit harsh.

In that case Irish, I'm sorry but you live in a parallel universe to mine

Fair play, in my universe NRC works his bollox off, plays in whatever position he is asked to by the manager and does his best.

Barry has a good game when he feels like it and only people like yourself rate him at the money Liverpool were allegedly willing to pay for him.

I think comparing Barry, who is now a regular pick for England and has been consistently good for a few years now, to Lee Hendrie who played best when looking for a new contract is more than a bit harsh.

I will again state that saying Barry is an England regular is not a compliment in any way towards the player or the potential of his ability. Do you honestly think England are a good team?

If so then i'm sure you're aware that whatever slight offering that Barry has to the team is only based on what the far superior Gerrard leaves him to do.

I will again state that saying Barry is an England regular is not a compliment in any way towards the player or the potential of his ability. Do you honestly think England are a good team?

The England side selected is generally the best 11 individuals in the country as it certainly isn't the best team, therefore it is a compliment that Barry is in it

on current form you wouldnt really drop any of the Cms, though i dont think you can keep playing NRC out on the right, despite how well he did today.

i think it would depend on the team we are playing. If we are playing away maybe play Barry and NRC in the middle as NRC offers more protection. At home Petrov and Barry as they are more creative and we are expected to attack.

i suppose you could also go 433, Young and Milner either side of Big John, or even Gabby.

youve also got Sidwell and Gardner and maybe Salifou to come in!

well, its a nice problem to have isnt it?

The England side selected is generally the best 11 individuals in the country as it certainly isn't the best team, therefore it is a compliment that Barry is in it

As a neutral ,where the English team is concerned, i would like to take this opportunity to proclaim ,that from my viewpoint, getting into the English football team , considering their current efficacy as a world power football team, is not much to sing about.

wouldnt drop gabby for milner unless we play a 4-5-1, but that wouldnt work without young kinda drifting into being a striker as well, and that wouldnt work coz itd unbalance the team

what we need is a new striker to up the heat

Petrov for me too.

Just seemed last season we had a working formula and most of it relied upon the hard work of NRC and the passing of Barry.

Petrov was good but I see him in more of a Barry role...however an attacking team if we win is no bad thing....

I also feel NRC needs to get a chance in the middle again, he is certainly not a right midfielder.

I can see Barry getting rested but I think the goals and clean sheets are going to need to be plentiful if I am to see it as a long term plan.

I can see a 451 being used with Gabby dropped possibly but then I would much prefer a striker being bought.

Â