2023/2024 Season Predictions

thunderball

Having seen some of what is on offer for next season, what are you predictions for the coming season?

My thoughts, I think we break through this season:

League - 5th

FA Cup - Semi Final

League Cup - Winner

Europe - Winner

FWIW I also attach my league predictions

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 10.21.10.png

I'm going for:

League - 6th

FA Cup - 3rd Round (going out at Old Trafford). 

League Cup - QF (going out at Manchester Citeh).

Europe - Winners.

Either that or we win the lot!🍾

• Like 1

6 hours ago, thunderball said:

Having seen some of what is on offer for next season, what are you predictions for the coming season?

My thoughts, I think we break through this season:

League - 5th

FA Cup - Semi Final

League Cup - Winner

Europe - Winner

FWIW I also attach my league predictions

Screenshot 2023-07-31 at 10.21.10.png

Imagine how much we will celebrate if your prediction comes true, Wolves finally being relegated.

• Haha 2

Just now, Villa 59 said:

League...4th

FA Cup....quarter final

League Cup....winner

Europe....Runner up

Just to add that I'd love to win the FA Cup before I pop my. clogs. Clogs! Been a Villan for 64 years and have enjoyed seeing us everything else. I was alive in 1957 when we beat Manure in the final but was to young to remember it (it was a fantastic time to win the 1957 final as that's when the Busby babes were a very difficult team to beat)

• Like 3

7th

We should be able to overhaul Brighton this season and I don’t think Spurs minus Kane will be a threat , but  Chelsea will come back into the top four.

Upgrade on Watkins and then maybe I’ll revise my thoughts .

I wouldn’t  necessarily get rid of him and he’s hardly rubbish but we can’t afford to waste the number of chances he does if we want to catch the big boys .

Decent draw and a league cup final and conference final should be achievable though 

2 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

7th

We should be able to overhaul Brighton this season and I don’t think Spurs minus Kane will be a threat , but  Chelsea will come back into the top four.

Upgrade on Watkins and then maybe I’ll revise my thoughts .

I wouldn’t  necessarily get rid of him and he’s hardly rubbish but we can’t afford to waste the number of chances he does if we want to catch the big boys .

Decent draw and a league cup final and conference final should be achievable though 

I think we will best Chelsea. Yes they have lots of money and a deep squad, but I don’t think Poch is as good as Emery and having watched Poch’s Chelsea this summer, it’s not the sea change I saw with Tuchel. 

What’s worth considering is Emery averages at least 2 points per game, always has, that a telling and persistent stat, and I can see why, he sets up a very well drilled, disciplined unit that’s hard to beat. If we average 2 points, 76 points, that’s generally third place at seasons end. This will be interesting to monitor.

Edited by thunderball
  • Like 4

Premier League: 4th. I think we'll surprise some people. A whole season of Unai, Doug is peaking, and Diaby will provide the missing goals.

FA Cup: 4th round. We finally win one, but then our bad luck in this competition continues.

League Cup: Semi-final. Like a lot of clubs, we won't prioritize this. We're deep enough for a bit of a run though.

Conf League: Champions. If West Ham can win it, then we can with Unai the European master.

12 hours ago, Villa 59 said:

Just to add that I'd love to win the FA Cup before I pop my. clogs. Clogs! Been a Villan for 64 years and have enjoyed seeing us everything else. I was alive in 1957 when we beat Manure in the final but was to young to remember it (it was a fantastic time to win the 1957 final as that's when the Busby babes were a very difficult team to beat)

I know exactly how you feel and I know many of us that are around the same vintage share that wish. Coral have us at 25/1 to do it, which looks a decent bet (assuming a bit of luck, which has been missing in this competition since we beat those Babes back in 57). 

For those interested, we are 16/1 for the League Cup, 100/1 to be Champions (15/1 to be top on the handicap betting with a 30 point start on Citeh), but there are no odds yet for the Europa Conference League (we must have them worried;)). 

• Like 1