The Best Chippy

Marka Ragnos

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

Mrs Sidcow has just reminded me of Toppers in Nuneaton. That used to be a fantastic chippy. 

Far be it for me to comment on the appearance of your missus but come on man have some respect, she can't possibly look like a chip shop

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Far be it for me to comment on the appearance of your missus but come on man have some respect, she can't possibly look like a chip shop

I'd love to agree but.........

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, mottaloo said:

Where in Aldridge mate ? Didn't think mere green was that near unless you burble it like a mad un, foot to the floor !

Just on the main road... Anchor Road, I think? Few doors down from the spoons. 

Foot to the floor is the only way to drive isn't it?! ;) 

• Haha 1

spacer.png

Ivans in Cradley Heath. Been there since the 50s and has always been highly regarded by the local populace (and others more far flung).

Definitely my go to plaice.

• 2 weeks later...
On 30/07/2023 at 09:41, sidcow said:

You very rarely see potato scallops round here anymore to be fair.  Something you'd see in every chippy when I was a lad. 

Haha. Usual chippy closed for holiday so I tried an old haunt, The Dolphin in Acocks Green. Couldn't believe it when I saw Potato Scallops on the menu.  Not had one in years, couldn't resist it.  As I remember they're OK in the thin parts but if the potato gets to thick, they're not so good. 

Chippy itself was a lot better than my last trip there several years ago. 

On 02/08/2023 at 23:14, Designer1 said:

spacer.png

Ivans in Cradley Heath. Been there since the 50s and has always been highly regarded by the local populace (and others more far flung).

Definitely my go to plaice.

Love that sign, "ate inside or tek away"😁

I used to live in Wellesbourne, and that had a great chippy. They call them fish shops in Rotherham, and they have good one, best I've been to is The Ring o' Bells.

Â