Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

i'm expecting a bad week. i'd rather just accept that and save any hits for the midweek if needed. if bowen or watkins don't play, archer will come on which isn't the worst against burnley even if he did literally nothing in his last game

if both don't play, then i'm in trouble

16 minutes ago, bickster said:

Me to, my first hit of the season, took a -4

Cash, Bowen, Watkins out Gabriel, Gordon and Isak in

Took me forever to make my mind up, planning on bringing Watkins and possibly Bowen back in in the near future but having had a shit GW last week, I wanted to at least try not to have one this week too

Also considered Darwin (higher rotation risk), Mbuemo (GW18 and AfCoN put me off) Saliba (I'll take the slight rotation risk to save on the money) Palmer (if no one gets injured he'll be in next week for Ward-Prowse)

I'm absolutely convinced we won’t play Cash from the start and didn’t want him for the following two game weeks. The other two were obviously the yellow flags

I ignored my Bowen issue and took a -4 to remove Trippier and bring in Trent. Everyone is sleeping on him and he could do double figures in each of the next 3. To replace Bowen I'd go Sterling and even if he scores, with the -4 Archer can probably cover that, and who's to say he doesn't get one against Burnley. So yeah. I've rolled the dice on Trent.

• Like 1

Going to see what happens this gameweek regarding Bowen and Watkins, I’d rather keep hold of Watkins than Bowen and can free up £1.5 mil by shifting Bowen for Gordon who has a decent run coming up. Then I just need to downgrade my bench a bit, romero to lascelles, Leno to kelleher or nketiah to mubama which will easily allow me to get trippier back and if I do the nketiah trade, which is my preference due to him hardly being reliable to play, then I will be swimming in dosh!

im quite happy with the way my team is now, at least with no injuries. Could throw it out most weeks like this and pick up a decent amount of points I reckon. I think I’d rather put the spare money from a potential Bowen and nketiah sale into getting trippier back and improving another position in the squad instead of going for a stronger third forward option in Darwin. Sure he has some good fixtures coming up but I like the reliability of trippier 

Edited by Villatillidie95

cash for gabriel for me. even if cash plays i'm not loving his fixtures short term whereas arsenal defence looks solid plus good fixtures. all i need is one out of bowen or watkins to start and think at the very least watkins will

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

John mcginn’s FPL team started Watkins!!! Hopefully he is ITK and we see ollie bag a couple tommorow!

Love it. Tbh the impression I got from reading between the lines was he's available but we'll probably get an hour out of him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

Love it. Tbh the impression I got from reading between the lines was he's available but we'll probably get an hour out of him.

Same, I started him as the guy is one of the fittest in the premier league and he will be saying to unai behind the scenes that he wants to play. Hopefully John being club captain and therefore itk with regard to this matter plus the team usually being picked prior to gameday is a good sign 🙏 

5 minutes ago, BOF said:

it's a similar situation to bowen. either starts or misses out entirely so as long as you have options on the bench you're ok

18 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

double arsenal defence. wolves do nothing all game. of course they go and score out of nowhere don't they.

Wolves lost but ruined the clean sheet, perfect result for me 😃

So many zinchenko bonus and clean sheet points went up in flames for me today :( still he did manage to get an assist and started the game and mykolenko got a clean sheet, saka scored and Mbeumo assisted….puts me on 23 with 4 players GW’s completed….I’ll take it but thinking about what could have been! 

So earlier in the day to free up funds and establish certainty I decided to sell Bowen for Gordon, freed up 1.5 mil. Still hoping he starts tommorow and smashes it obviously but I got decent value out of him and making a nice profit.

plan now is downgrade nketiah to Mubama to free up 1.3 mil next free transfer and then either wait until next free to swap andersen for trippier or take a -4

Got 63 but that was without Gordon and trippier, I’ve since got Gordon in and going to -4 to trippier after moving from nketiah. Decided to go nketiah to semenyo instead of Mubama, will cost me an extra 0.3 mil but need someone who will play regularly as a bench option. 

cant wait to get andersen out of my team finally and trippier in. I’ll probably get areola out for dubravka in 2 GW, another cheap route into newcastle clean sheets 

martinelli has 1 more chance before i bin him off. playing well in an attacking role but just not getting returns. obviously not selling before luton away but after that i'm likely going to sell

13 hours ago, Villatillidie95 said:

cant wait to get andersen out of my team finally and trippier in. I’ll probably get areola out for dubravka in 2 GW, another cheap route into newcastle clean sheets 

Dubravka for me this GW...sick of Areola...double WHU DEF with Aguerd has really backfired

• Like 1

Â