Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2023/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

BOF

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

thanks. i think he's either going to start or miss out entirely so it's just a case of making sure of having a good 1st sub

Agreed. They won't risk a half-fit Bowen for the sake of 20 minutes and GWs 14, 15, 16 are within 1 calendar week of each other.

23 hours ago, BOF said:

Agreed. They won't risk a half-fit Bowen for the sake of 20 minutes and GWs 14, 15, 16 are within 1 calendar week of each other.

not in squad...come on archer!

• Like 1

Gerry Marsden , Stephen Graham , Celia Black , Ken Dodd , Melanie C , Jodie Comer ,Ian McCulloch, Ian Broudie , Peter Hooton , Ringo Starr , Paul McCartney … can you hear me? @bickster ... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

IMG_0684.jpeg

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

Gerry Marsden , Stephen Graham , Celia Black , Ken Dodd , Melanie C , Jodie Comer ,Ian McCulloch, Ian Broudie , Peter Hooton , Ringo Starr , Paul McCartney … can you hear me? @bickster ... your boys took a hell of a beating! Your boys took a hell of a beating!"

IMG_0684.jpeg

You have beaten me but that isn’t my score (or yours) you really should wait until the fat lady has sung the substitutions and bonus points. I think I eventually rose to 41 points :D 

Just now, bickster said:

You have beaten me but that isn’t my score (or yours) you really should wait until the fat lady has sung the substitutions and bonus points. I think I eventually rose to 41 points :D 

Yeah I know but I wanted to get my amusing post in before I forgot  :D 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BOF said:

I like when top plays 2nd and you're 3rd (and win :)). Looks like a sore drop for Tom in the H2H this week.

yep. bad week but somehow still will likely end up in the top 50k. no real fires to fight but might need to reconsider diaby at some point. love the guy but not consistent enough.

my stubbornness cost me this week. i fancied eze, asked my palace mate for confirmation, his response was "i'd go olise over eze if i were you". needless to say i ignored him.

44 minutes ago, a-k said:

Allison out short-term. Kelleher at 3.9 with FUL (H), SHU (A), CRY (A) in the 3 GWs that Allison should be out for is very enticing.

thing is do you want to make a GK transfer (which tends to only be done when you've nothing else to do) for a team that even with allison in goal did concede goals?

1 minute ago, tomav84 said:

thing is do you want to make a GK transfer (which tends to only be done when you've nothing else to do) for a team that even with allison in goal did concede goals?

I do have nothing else to do 😃 and Allison is the highest scoring GK in the game. I still have my WC to use and will try to use it as late as possible (i.e., for GW20). Although, GW17 and GW18 look a bit tricky. Worst case I WC before GW17 and burning a transfer now on Turner to Kelleher doesn't matter. On the other hand, if I can make a plan to get through those GWs without WCing then I may also have a free transfer to use now for the GK switch.

1 minute ago, a-k said:

I do have nothing else to do 😃

lucky sod!

for the first time this season i've a few fires to fight. eze out but he went up in price after i brought him in so i can get away with rolling the transfer and having 2 FTs for the short turnaround, which i think will be necessary

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

lucky sod!

for the first time this season i've a few fires to fight. eze out but he went up in price after i brought him in so i can get away with rolling the transfer and having 2 FTs for the short turnaround, which i think will be necessary

Well, if Bowen is back then I'm pretty content with my front eight for the next month, hopefully staying injury-free. Defence could use some shuffling but I think I can manage even with using a transfer on a GK.

Â