Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

Has tomorrow's U18 PL Quarter-Final game been called off or something, I'm very surprised a lot of those players haven't been held back for that, Palace are a top team at that level, going to be a very tough match. Great to see Kadan Young back, also good to see Bogarde isn't injured, as I feared when he didn't go out on loan

Pretty good performance in the first half with us pressing well but couldn't get in front. Swansea adapted in the second half and had the better of the chances, so a point was probably fair.

The team looked more physically imposing tonight in line with what we have seen with our recent first team transfers, so this appears to be a deliberate strategy from the club. Thought Katsukunya (motm), Kellyman and Borland were the stand outs tonight. Some of the better U18s were subs, presumably to keep them fresh for tomorrow.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, I Make Pies said:

Pretty good performance in the first half with us pressing well but couldn't get in front. Swansea adapted in the second half and had the better of the chances, so a point was probably fair.

The team looked more physically imposing tonight in line with what we have seen with our recent first team transfers, so this appears to be a deliberate strategy from the club. Thought Katsukunya (motm), Kellyman and Borland were the stand outs tonight. Some of the better U18s were subs, presumably to keep them fresh for tomorrow.

I thought Katsukunya looked really lanky and slow when i last saw him. So must be progressing well. Borland played Central or attacking mid ? 

19 hours ago, East London Villa said:

Wright Ealing Rowe Katsukunya Munroe Bogarde Alcock Pierre Afoka Kellyman Moore

Got 8 right! Thought we'd save Jimoh and Borland for Palace today, as we did with Rowe and a few others. Wright clearly on the bench for Sheffield United following Zaniolo's injury. Afoka not involved at all, maybe injured or we're just prioritising other players development at this stage.

Here's a rogue prediction for you. Bogarde to join Deano on loan at Charlotte FC. He's miles away from first team minutes and needs to be playing at a higher level than U21 to kick on. Didn't get the Championship move we were hoping for on deadline day so there are few remaining options this season.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I thought Katsukunya looked really lanky and slow when i last saw him. So must be progressing well. Borland played Central or attacking mid ? 

Borland played centrally in one of the Luiz/Kamara roles. He was tenacious and showed calmness on the ball under pressure.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

He looked really good last night - first time I've had a proper look at him and he was calm, strong and composed throughout - like a baby Mings. I was really impressed with him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He looked really good last night - first time I've had a proper look at him and he was calm, strong and composed throughout - like a baby Mings. I was really impressed with him.

I think a baby Mings is a Minglet.

• Haha 3

I'm currently having an Excel problem so my updates are on hold. Hopefully not for too long.

Decent half - quite even but we look to have a bit more cutting edge, particularly when Kellyman and Rowe are driving at the defence. Nice finish from Moore adds to his tally for the season 1-0 HT

1-1 lost it in midfield, gave up a corner and then couldn't defend it in a scramble.

We're losing the physical battle at the moment - Everton have lifted their intensity.

Kellyman has just gone down holding his hamstring.

Â