Premier League 2 - U21 Development League 2023/2024

BOF

Far and away the most composed we have been this season. Sunderland have been poor though. I don't know if they have any players in the squad v sheff wed tonight.  Teddy Rowe has been exceptional. The patterns of play have been great along with the tempo. 

2 hours ago, WHY said:

The u21’s seem to throw away a lot of leads, is it a fitness issue with them or do they switch off in games?

Good question. We seem to have outdone ourselves tonight.

They resembled the first team in the first half hour in terms of style of play and were only missing a proper striker to do the Watkins role. Got a little sloppy defensively towards the end of the half and gave up a couple of chances, and they scored from one. Sunderland pressed higher in the second half and we never adapted to it and were unable to control the game anymore. The comeback seemed inevitable.

A yellow would have sufficed instead of a red for Ealing as he wasn't high and did get the ball. I know they are cracking down on players throwing themselves in like that but it didn't seem worthy of the same punishment as a Carlos Bocanegra-style horror tackle.

Despite the defeat there were encouraging signs in that first half hour, and I would give Feeney Motm for his goal and a few Torres-style passes between the lines.

Kellyman a different animal playing second striker, a number 9 he is not and ineffective on the right. Once he got into the 10 roll he looked a million dollars getting on the half turn. O'Reilly good in that role as well but tends to come from a but deeper.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Would be good if Iroegbunam and or Chrisene can play some sort of part today, both back in training.

I have high hopes for this evening. We seem to pick a strong team for this, and at least the opposition are also U21 (unlike Papa John's) and don't seem to be quite on our level.

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I've got a ticket for this, but also a stinking cold that means I can't go - is it on AVTV?

According to this lad, it is.

• Thanks 1

Â