Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

3 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

It was also 20 degrees colder than some of the days earlier in the year when the shirts were at their most soaked.

We shouldn't have to wait for an arctic tundra just to get dry shirts though. The problem just goes from wet shirts to pointy nipples showing...I dont know which is more concerning. 

• Like 1

On 21/11/2023 at 08:51, StanBalaban said:

A client of mine is a lawyer. He's not working with the Villa in any capacity (nor is he a Villa fan), but does a lot with corporate media and sports organisations. 

He seems to think our next kit supplier will be Puma. Heard anything to match this from your side of the fence?

It'll be interesting to see if they can perfect the "wet look" kit that'll be synonymous with us winning our first league title for 43 years

• 4 weeks later...

Just had the third kit delivered. A post Christmas present to myself. The quality of the shirt is way inferior to Kappa. It feels really cheap. Thank god Castore will be gone next season. 

2 hours ago, mrchnry said:

Just had the third kit delivered. A post Christmas present to myself. The quality of the shirt is way inferior to Kappa. It feels really cheap. Thank god Castore will be gone next season. 

Sorry to hear this - has it been confirmed they are gone?

I have zero expectations for the kit next season based on what the club has done recently with kits and branding. I’m genuinely worried that they are coming to come out with some disgusting monstrosity.

1 hour ago, ChesterDad said:

Sorry to hear this - has it been confirmed they are gone?

There were rumblings that both parties agreed to end the deal early but nothing more said. 

I'm really shocked at how cheap this shirt feels. I got a Dortmund knock off from Turkey last year that feels like a more premium fabric than this seasons Villa top. 

• Sad 1

Just heard some positive news on new kits and new partner (Castore ditched) on the 1874 podcast… apparently worth getting excited about (high quality, prestige/recognition) and the kits themselves are impressive.. a big deal…

they (Dan Bardell & Jacob Tanswell) know who it is but cannot say… seemed excited and enthusiastic…

The deal will boost our finances and maybe help us spend more in future transfer windows…

The one positive regarding off field matters (they were rightly critical of others)… something to feel cheery about and to look forward to at least…

• Like 1

I’m assuming it’s going to be one of Nike, Puma, Adidas… maybe New Balance?

They genuinely seemed impressed by the design of the new kits…

Exciting news….

• Like 1

A bit of what they said:

Dan:

changing from Castore, they know who it is but can’t say, one to be excited about

Knows someone who has seen the kits and they are apparently “unbelievable” ( in a good way 😆)

The fans will absolutely love it

Jacob:

immense source of satisfaction that we’ve managed to secure this deal, really good partnership with a new, big sports brand that should help finance a lot and increase revenue…

Shirts should be (much?) cheaper than they have been

A big plus point

Edited by Jas10

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Under Armour. There also American so maybe Heck secured a deal with them?

We had under armour before. Can't remember if people liked them?

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Under Armour. There also American so maybe Heck secured a deal with them?

No idea mate

is Under Armour really a “big” sports brand these days?

Dunno 🤷‍♂️

it sounds like a really big deal and very appealing and beneficial from a financial sense…

could shock/surprise a few…

Asics? Founded in Kobe(Japan) 😲

They ain't new though and we've also had them before. 

I wouldn't mind New Balance but they aren't new either. Really like their running gear and trainers though.