Midweek Football 8/11 May

andykeenan

9 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

KDB goal please? 

Why oh why do people watch those cheating bastards? Didn't even now they were playing and would NEVER watch them. There is sooooo much football you can watch without resorting to watching them.

No wonder they are getting away with it when even fans of the clubs they are cheating are watching and rewatching their games.

Man City do not exist as far as I'm concerned and as long as everyone keeps being mesmerised by them and tossing off over their goals or over Haaland or any one of the players they bought through CHEATING, then they will continue to grow and grow and push Villa and evry other club even further back. Who cares how good their goals and players are? They are not valid!

44 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Why oh why do people watch those cheating bastards? Didn't even now they were playing and would NEVER watch them. There is sooooo much football you can watch without resorting to watching them.

No wonder they are getting away with it when even fans of the clubs they are cheating are watching and rewatching their games.

Man City do not exist as far as I'm concerned and as long as everyone keeps being mesmerised by them and tossing off over their goals or over Haaland or any one of the players they bought through CHEATING, then they will continue to grow and grow and push Villa and evry other club even further back. Who cares how good their goals and players are? They are not valid!

Because this is the highest level of football available to watch. I have a problem with Man City and Real. I don't like them.

But I have nothing against Haaland, De Bruyne, Modric or Kroos. They are the best players, and as a football fan, I enjoy watching them play. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Because this is the highest level of football available to watch. I have a problem with Man City and Real. I don't like them.

But I have nothing against Haaland, De Bruyne, Modric or Kroos. They are the best players, and as a football fan, I enjoy watching them play. 

You absolutely do not have a problem with those clubs because you literally just watched both of them play each other. 

Those players PLAY for that club.

And that's my point. You don't care that thy are cheating the club you support and are willing to watch them do it. It's exactly why they are getting away with it and why they will continue to do so. Its a real shame.

Edited by GlobalVillan

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

Ancelotti was going mad about this at the time, before the goal was scored. I’m surprised VAR didn’t check it. 

IMG-8707.jpg

Ah well. Carvajal went the full 90 without a booking :D

Shoving Grealish right near hoardings was dangerous play for a start.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Ah well. Carvajal went the full 90 without a booking :D

Shoving Grealish right near hoardings was dangerous play for a start.

Yeah, he (Carvajal) should have had a yellow for the pathetic rolling in the ground too.

The ref didn’t cover himself in glory.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

You absolutely do not have a problem with those clubs because you literally just watched both of them play each other. 

Those players PLAY for that club.

And that's my point. You don't care that thy are cheating the club you support and are willing to watch them do it. It's exactly why they are getting away with it and why they will continue to do so. Its a real shame.

That is some moral high ground you are taking. I don't have an issue with it, you are entitled to your opinion.

37 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

That is some moral high ground you are taking. I don't have an issue with it, you are entitled to your opinion.

I don't think you understand what moral high ground means. I am pointing out facts and that has nothing to do with morality.

17 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

I don't think you understand what moral high ground means. I am pointing out facts and that has nothing to do with morality.

I watched a game of football. I think you should take it as that - a game of football.

Yeah, man city cheated. Yeah, real want a superleague. That's not good.

But I just watched a game of football. So I'd ease off a bit, because most people take it as that. 22 guys running around. But they do it well, so I enjoy having a watch.

1 hour ago, Mic09 said:

Yes I agree.  I Love watching KDB because there's nobody else like him.  Don't particularly like either club but I enjoy watching great players competing against each other. These are the best two teams in Europe.

Tonight's match im not too sure about because it could be a bit dull 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

55 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Yes I agree.  I Love watching KDB because there's nobody else like him.  Don't particularly like either club but I enjoy watching great players competing against each other. These are the best two teams in Europe.

Tonight's match im not too sure about because it could be a bit dull 

Ok. Football to me can only be enjoyable in context. I couldn't care less how good a player is if he plays for Man City. I have never (since 2012 or so when they were taken iver by a deplorable oil state) and will never watch them. Watching them supports and validates them. As far as advertisers go etc..

They are part of the reason we missed out on 4th under Lerner and that started a decade of decline that we are just waking up from.

I won't be gawping at their skill and ability, calling them "City" or referring to their prick of a manager by his pet name.

. They can f*** off.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, GlobalVillan said:

Ok. Football to me can only be enjoyable in context. I couldn't care less how good a player is if he plays for Man City. I have never (since 2012 or so when they were taken iver by a deplorable oil state) and will never watch them. Watching them supports and validates them. As far as advertisers go etc..

They are part of the reason we missed out on 4th under Lerner and that started a decade of decline that we are just waking up from.

I won't be gawping at their skill and ability, calling them "City" or referring to their prick of a manager by his pet name.

. They can f*** off.

I wish I could go back in time to when football was a truly working class sport and supporters weren't ripped off, so footballers can live the life of luxury but I can't. It's what it is!

6 minutes ago, PaulC said:

I wish I could go back in time to when football was a truly working class sport and supporters weren't ripped off, so footballers can live the life of luxury but I can't. It's what it is!

There's modern football and there is Man City. I wish people would realise what they are and why they shouldn't be discusses in the same way as any other club. 

I have no problem with modern football, it's great, but that club is an evil and corrupt organisation and I'm stunned that so many people don't care.

Â