Norwegian foppall

El Zen

How did the other teams catch up with Rosenborg? All those years in Champions League should still make them dominant.

Is it losing your best players all the time eventually makes it hard to replace even with money? We have that in my town with the handball team. Richest club in the league but keep losing players especially to Germany.

7 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

How did the other teams catch up with Rosenborg? All those years in Champions League should still make them dominant.

Is it losing your best players all the time eventually makes it hard to replace even with money? We have that in my town with the handball team. Richest club in the league but keep losing players especially to Germany.

I think its easier in smaller leagues for a poor season or two and to lose momentum. You could probably argue that Malmo should do the same in Sweden since have got to Champions League a few times but dont really dominate at home. Same happened in Ireland when Shamrock Rovers got to Europa people expected them to dominate domestically and they struggled, Dundalk did a better job and have now gone backwards

Went to Fredrikstad and Strømsgodset while doing jobs there ages ago. Good fun. Fredrikstad had been relegated by that point though

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I think its easier in smaller leagues for a poor season or two and to lose momentum. You could probably argue that Malmo should do the same in Sweden since have got to Champions League a few times but dont really dominate at home. Same happened in Ireland when Shamrock Rovers got to Europa people expected them to dominate domestically and they struggled, Dundalk did a better job and have now gone backwards

Difference in number of years between Rosenborg and Malmö but I think you are right with the smaller league theory. Could say the same about FC Kopenhavn in Denmark.

1 hour ago, NoelVilla said:

Just never managed to move past the (late former manager) Eggen era and other teams caught up in the meantime. 

• Like 1

And, finally, VAR is shit in Norway too. First season with it here, and it sucks just as badly as it does in the Prem. 

50 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Does this season start in Spring and end in Autumn? 

And what is the thoughts of playing in the Europa Conference league for a league like Norway?

Yeah, it’s always March/April to November/December. 

Not sure what you mean with the second question? You’d love to qualify for Europe, just like any other club from any other league? 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Stadium is quite nice!

Thanks! It holds 16.500 give or take and the goal is to fill it five times this season. It was obviously sold out yesterday, and we probably could have sold another 10k. I like that it’s all single tier, and the home end is all standing with rails and holds up to 4k. We’ve got a high proportion of ultras (I consider myself one too) so the noise can be quite impressive even if the total attendance isn’t massive. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, El Zen said:

Thanks! It holds 16.500 give or take and the goal is to fill it five times this season. It was obviously sold out yesterday, and we probably could have sold another 10k. I like that it’s all single tier, and the home end is all standing with rails and holds up to 4k. We’ve got a high proportion of ultras (I consider myself one too) so the noise can be quite impressive even if the total attendance isn’t massive. 

The atmosphere looked great. Was the stadium new? It looked very clean. 

Who should I follow as my Norwegian team?

On 01/05/2023 at 15:00, El Zen said:

Today is the day of the biggest derby and fiercest rivalry in Norway. My Vålerenga vs the ugly neighbours from a train station just outside the capital, Lillestrøm SK. 

The football isn’t important, but the atmosphere will be electric. Will post pics and vids after. 

6 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

The atmosphere looked great. Was the stadium new? It looked very clean. 

Who should I follow as my Norwegian team?

Should support Lilleström :detect:

• Haha 3

Â